Topic: UFC Matchups

Nunes vs Cyborg happening

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.12.2018 | 5:58 PM ET

However, it seems that they have both signed contracts to fight one another which stipulate the bout is to take  place at different dates. Not sure what that means.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/11/17563156/cris-cyborg-amanda-nunes-at-odds-over-ufc-superfight-date
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, and 41 minutes from now.

Responses

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

07.12.2018 | 6:32 PM ET

I have made my feelings on wmma known on here. I understand the appeal and appreciate the skill involved with the fighters. They are true fighters. I'm not discrediting that, but I just don't enjoy watching wmma. However, this fight has my interest. I think it may be due to the skill level of the fighters involved. I believe that these 2 women are the best female fighters in the world (with Rose in there too).

"Where are my shoes?"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.12.2018 | 7:05 PM ET

I'm not a huge fan of WMMA either. Typically boring pitter-patter decision festivals.

I'm hoping this one won't be, but I could definitely see it being a little like Ngannou vs Lewis. I was a much bigger fan of Nunes before the second schevchenko fight, but she really made that a stinker by not moving forward which is ridiculous because Valentina does not hit hard. It was like she was worried about getting counter KO'ed, and she's ******* huge compared to Schevchenko. He stock really dropped with me after that.

Cyborg has been more technical as of late and I can see a lot of bobbing and weaving from her, and a lot throwing outside of distance/low kicks from Nunes. Very much doubt they both really go out there headhunting and it is much more likely to be a very closely contested fight with not a huge amount thrown.I think it will get interesting from round 3 onwards.

I'll take Cyborg by decision, but a late stoppage in the closing moments of the 4th or 5th wouldn't make me **** a chicken. I still doubt Nunes' cardio, and pure boxing defense moreso after the Pennington fight. Granted she put a shellacking on Raquel but she definitley had a big gas slump in the later rounds and got tagged with some significant shots that caught her attention.

I don't see Cyborg having much of a problem landing on her, especially late.

* Edited at 07.12.2018, 7:23 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, and 41 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307

07.12.2018 | 7:38 PM ET

Yeah it may turn out to be a boring fight, but I'm ok with that. I only really enjoy top shelf mma so if it's a cautious fight from both women I could live with that. What I don't want to see is either woman clearly outclassing an outmatched opponent again.

"Where are my shoes?"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.12.2018 | 8:38 PM ET

At this point nunez is the only real fight to make for cyborg. 

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.12.2018 | 8:42 PM ET

And stop hating on the girls. I love wmma and i've seen lots of great wmma matchs.
Mens fights suck sometimes too! Or have u guys already forgot about n'ganou vs lewis.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.12.2018 | 9:07 PM ET

Well yeah, men's fight suck sometimes but the rate at which WMMA sucks is considerably higher. There's also nothing quite like the endless guppy feed that has been Cyborg at 145 in any of the men's divisions.

This is the best WMMA fight they can make IMO. Nunes really is ******* huge and has no excuse not to fight up. I hope it delivers. But if we see the Nunes who fought vs Schevchenko who isn't fighting to win, but not to lose, it will be a fizzer.

* Edited at 07.12.2018, 9:11 PM ET *

mbach4307
mbach4307

07.12.2018 | 9:17 PM ET

@free$

I'm not hating on wmma at all. Earlier I said I respect them and their toughness. I'm just saying that I personally don't enjoy watching it. Different strokes for different folks.

"Where are my shoes?"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.13.2018 | 3:37 PM ET

Lets be real guys. @mbach i agree some men cant watch two women smash each other in the face. I get that.

@fish men have way way way more fights then women do on any givin card so in fact the men produce way more borring fights. I've even read you're posts for the past four months and you've complained about mens matchs u didnt like more then womans. And i find the top ten women almost always produce a great fight. 

The problem with cyborg and nunez is the obvious use of ped's. I would assume women in general are less likely to be willing to use steroids. U cant blame someone not on roids for losing to someone on them.
It's the same argument we make to defend dc for his loss to jones. You can say that about everyone cyborg has fought except maybe the last two holm and kunitskya. 

Side bar @fish i got a question. At the south west of austrailia on maps as a kid in school i remember a large
Land mass island just off the coast. I thought it was tazmania or new zealend. I came across the mandela effect online have u heard about this ****?

It says that the island land mass is now gone and on the east side. If i remeber correctly that u are austrailian who better to ask no?
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.13.2018 | 4:58 PM ET

Well I really don't understand this Mandela effect thing. I am convinced that really it is nothing more than a combination of apophenia and bad memory. It is rather funny though that people would rather jump to some absolutely bat**** crazy quantum-reality glitch hocus pocus than consider whether or not they have simply misremembered something.

It may be a sign of how narcissistic and deluded people have become. 'Oh it can't be me--must be a glitch in the matrix! '

Tasmania is off the south eastern area of Australia. It is not actually an island because it is connected to the greater land mass under the sea. It's always been where it is,   and I personally don't have a Mandela effect moment thinking about it. Very beautiful place...really nothing like the rest of Australia.

The large land mass you are thinking of might be Indonesia. It's not Southern, but it is Western and is included in a lot of maps of Australia for whatever reason. Either that or East Timor. 

In summation, Tasmania is where Tasmania has always been, and the mandela effect is a crock of ****.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.13.2018 | 5:28 PM ET

Im Goth

* Edited at 07.13.2018, 5:27 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.13.2018 | 5:28 PM ET

Alex 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.13.2018 | 6:50 PM ET

@fish lol i know and i figured i remeberd wrong. So i thought i'd ask an austrailian. Thanx bud.@wastelandwonderer what the **** is wrong with u buddy?
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.14.2018 | 2:59 PM ET

Looks like december for this superfight

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS