Topic: UFC Discussion

DC has two belts: What happens next?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.10.2018 | 11:00 PM ET

He says that he absolutely will retire in 2019. Will he fight twice in two separate divisions before then? Seems unlikely. He's sold on taking the fight with Lesnar, who won't be cleared until January. That leaves a small window for him to take a fight at LHW.

What do we all think about that? Should he take the winner of Gustavson vs Oezdemir? I think a lot of people would tune in for a Gus VS DC rematch, but let's be real; the No time vs DC wasn't remotely competitive and I doubt many people expect it to go differently.

If you're DC, do you give Gustavson, who is a tough-as hell fight that may result in an injury that forces you out of the Lesnar fight indefinitely ( and isn't worth a shred of the Lesnar purse) and possibly throws a spanner in the works for your retirement plan?

Or do You just say 'sorry Gus. No Cigar' and kick back until January next year, beat the breaks of Lesnar, and retire undefeated Two-weight champ?

* Edited at 07.10.2018, 11:01 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 33 minutes from now.

Responses Page 2

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.13.2018 | 2:57 PM ET

You make good points. But you need to factor in the 40+ ages cant c either man having even five more fights left in them. That being said i think your right we wont c this fight b4 they both fight again.
I just watched back the stipe receiving 5 eye pokes or six.
Think stipe deserves an immediate re-match. I know i know too many immediate rematchs latly.
Rose vs joanna, cody vs tj. But lets be real maybe just maybe stipe would have seen that shot that put him down if he hadn't been EYE GOUGED SIX times in a row. I'v seen fighters disqualified for three.
And dc didnt even lose a point. C'mon what the ****!
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

07.13.2018 | 4:18 PM ET

I think Romeroi should win a fight againts guy like Gus, Oezdemir, glover or Blachowichz before getting a shoot! Thats lets a lot of time to DC to kick the juiced guy ass

"Never go down without a fight"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.13.2018 | 6:56 PM ET

Brock wont be cleared to fight by usada till january next year.
Dc's hand should be healed in three four months. So there is time for a fight b4 brock.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.14.2018 | 10:56 AM ET

Hahaha nick diaz now calls out dc And talks **** about him.
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

07.15.2018 | 1:43 AM ET

Romero would be mauled my gustaffaon, i honestly dont see anyone close to Gus in that division other than the champ of course. I expect Gus to destroy volkan as he did Glover, Romero should fight someone like Latifi or even Glover because i think the skill at LHW dwarfs that at Middle and such a fight would be a great judge of his ability at that level. Whereas his chances with Gus are very slim, jus my opinion

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.15.2018 | 1:58 AM ET

I very much doubt Gustvason would maul Romero. I think Romero would pullout another third round KO or finish the fight even earlier.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.15.2018 | 12:22 PM ET

man DC HAS to be the G.o.a.T by now .. i mean for me at least .  hes starting to reach God level stage by now?? 

* Edited at 07.15.2018, 12:22 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

07.15.2018 | 12:24 PM ET

there was an absolutely killer highlight video on youtube called "MMA Gods of Destruction" or something it got taken down a good while back before i could get a copy but **** man this was literally one of the most sickest MMA reels youll evr fckin see fck man.. i still cant believe its gone .. if the maker is reading this .. please reupload

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

07.15.2018 | 12:25 PM ET

the vids in reel were mainly from mid late 00's that was the days man the transition stage no one can ever compare **** to that time lol

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

07.15.2018 | 12:28 PM ET

fckin killer highlight reel man i cant believe i missed it 

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.16.2018 | 9:07 PM ET

Wow now latifi calls out dc. Again! Wonder why he wants dc so bad?
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

07.17.2018 | 4:27 PM ET

Gus can beat Romero by poking is eyes but if that does not work, i'm not sure he can stand the punch all fight long

"Never go down without a fight"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.19.2018 | 2:31 AM ET

Dc has confirmed brock lesner will b the last fight of his career but he wants to or is 
thinking he wants to defend his 205 championship belt  first.
Becoming the first two defend two titles simaltaneously would be really crazy. 
I'M even starting to think he is the goat. Especially if he wins! 

So who gets to make history with him. I think it will be gusstaffson if he wins his upcoming fight and
Doesn't get hurt in the process. Personally i would like to c stipe go down to 205
And b the one to fight him for the light weight title.

Colby covington wrote "jones and his team are trying to bribe usada and the ufc to come back early and the
Ufc's new owners have a 5 BILLION dollar payment coming up" 
We could b seeing cormier vs jones 3.....Finally!!!

Exciting time in our glorious sport.
101Sebster101
101Sebster101
  • Predictions:  677  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 133

07.19.2018 | 2:27 PM ET

Cormier vs Miocic 2?

I would like to see DC v Miocic again, I think that Stipe would win a rematch

"UK MMA = Heart of the sport!"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson