Topic: Mousasi vs. MacDonald

Mousasi vs. MacDonald

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,365
  • Post Score: 47

06.21.2018 | 1:49 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Mousasi vs. MacDonald. Let's see what you've got.

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.21.2018 | 1:49 PM ET

Prediction: correct Mousasi   wrong Decision  

Champion vs. Champion Superfight for September. Rory will put up a fight, but Mousasi is going to be too much for him IMO.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.21.2018 | 2:05 PM ET

yea honestly I was really hoping they give rory a shot in the heavy weight tourney. He prob have a better shot at an upset. He also be in a win win. Here I think a loss would hurt his standings despite the fact he going up a weight class. I think a loss to heavy weight would of had no negative. impact to his career, and people just think he was a badass. Honestly wish they just let him be a replacement

"here I come to save the day"

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,018  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

06.21.2018 | 2:22 PM ET

Mousasi is finishing him. If Lima had any decent TDD he would have beat Rory. Rory won't have the same success with his takedowns here. Moose will pick him apart and eventually TKO him.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.21.2018 | 4:14 PM ET

Prediction: wrong MacDonald   wrong Decision  

Can't rule out Rory Mac here but Moose will probably beat him up and possibly finish him. How much of that crazy chin is left will be tested.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 16 hours, and 38 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

06.21.2018 | 8:06 PM ET

This is 100% must watch. This is on par with almost any fight the UFC will put on for the remainder of the year as far as talent and fighting at their best right now. There are maybe 2-4 fights the UFC will put on for the rest of the year that will match this fight, but I still think Gegard could be champion in the UFC right now. I think he and Rory are big losses for the UFC, and I love this fight.

I don't like that Rory, a large WW but still always a WW, is fighting against a guy who once held a LHW world title (or 2), but Whittaker was a WW too until he was the best MW on the planet. If Rory wins, which is tough, why would he go back down. Easier making MW and he has always been a huge 170.

"Where are my shoes?"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.21.2018 | 11:31 PM ET

So it's at Middleweight for the belt, wow, Rory going to 2 belts. Maybe 185 will be his final weight class since cuts a lot and could fill out his frame. Ya know, this could be Bellator's best fight they've made in recent memory or maybe ever. Hard to even pick this fight.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 4 months, 1 week, 1 day, 15 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,850  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.22.2018 | 11:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct Mousasi   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Everything Rory does, Mousasi does just as well if not better. Not to mention bigger, stronger, maybe even faster.
mickumix
mickumix
  • Predictions:  5,184  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 160

06.22.2018 | 11:58 AM ET

Rory has almost no chance on this one...

AND EVEN SUCH A ONE-WAY FIGHT IS THE BEST MATCH BELLATOR HAS EVER PUT UP

"LEARNING IS A GIFT... EVEN WHEN PAIN IS YOUR TEACHER. - Bruce Lee"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,850  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.22.2018 | 12:16 PM ET

Best Bellator match ever? That's at least arguable for sure. 
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,042  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,188
  • Post Score: 191

06.22.2018 | 4:18 PM ET

On paper, Best Bellator match ever for sure... 

"Never go down without a fight"

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

06.22.2018 | 5:04 PM ET

I guess I am overlooking the size difference. I feel like Gegard will win, but not solely based on size difference. I think Gegard can beat any mw and would be one of Whittaker's toughest fights. Whittaker a former WW.

I still feel like Rory has a decent shot in this fight. I am interested to see how big he comes in at. I'm hoping MW fits him, but Gegard can finish from any position, and his wrestling is outstanding. He was able to stand-up from Weidman's takedowns repeatedly and that started to drain Chris. Gegard's top game is sick too.

But Rory is slick and his striking is crisp and technical. Gegard will be the bigger man, but I also think he will be the better striker and finish the fight standing. 3rd round ko.

"Where are my shoes?"

jacomalfoy1
jacomalfoy1
  • Predictions:  26,186  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 187

06.25.2018 | 3:27 PM ET

Prediction: correct Mousasi   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Mousasi is going to absolutely stomp MacDonald. Rory can take tons of damage and has the edge in terms of pure insanity (the dude wanted to enter the HEAVYWEIGHT Grand Prix for ****s sake), but what is he better than Gegard at? Gegard is bigger, stronger, faster, takes less damage, has the striking and wrestling advantage, and swept away the title from Carvalho whereas Rory got the **** beat out of him by Lima. I love Rory, and I love this fight, but I don't think it will be competitive at all.

"USA in this hoe"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.25.2018 | 3:38 PM ET

I just can't count out Rory like this. Its not like anybody saw Uriah Hall spin-kicking Moose's face off coming. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 5 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,910  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

06.25.2018 | 3:51 PM ET

It's true. MMA is a weird sport where anything can happen. I feel smart money is on Moose, maybe by late stoppage. But it's far from a gimmie for him. It's a great fight.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family