Topic: Josh Barnett

Josh Barnett Has Been Released by the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

06.20.2018 | 8:20 PM ET

After a five-year stint with the UFC, veteran heavyweight Josh Barnett has been released from his contract.

Two people with knowledge of the situation, including a UFC official, informed MMAjunkie of Barnett’s release. They asked to remain anonymous because the news had not yet been made public.

Barnett’s release from his contract does not carry any stipulations and is considered a full separation from the UFC. The move comes three months after the 40-year-old fighter was exonerated by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for a failed drug test, receiving only a public warning from the UFC’s anti-doping partner.

t’s unclear exactly what led to Barnett’s release rather than a return to the octagon, where he most recently defeated ex-champ Andrei Arlovski at UFC Fight Night 93 in September 2016. Calls to the fighter and his management weren’t immediately returned.

Barnett expressed dismay with the results management process for his failed drug test. While he still wanted to compete, he said he didn’t trust USADA.

An out-of-competition test of Barnett revealed the presence of ostarine, a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) that mimics anabolic agents and is banned year-round. Although USADA found he was the victim of a contaminated supplement, he faced a four-year suspension before ultimately going to arbitration with USADA.

An independent arbitrator took note of Barnett’s meticulous record keeping of supplements and found he was not guilty of knowingly taking ostarine. Barnett later sued the supplement maker.

Source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well...good news for RIZIN then.

Thoughts?

"..."

"The Warmaster" Josh Barnett

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Joshua Lawrence Barnett
  • Pro MMA Record: 35-8-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Warmaster
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: September 03, 2016 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 256.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: UWF USA
  • Height: 6'3" (191cm) | Reach: 78.0" (198cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,940,000 USD
  • Born: Seattle, Washington, United States
  • Fighting out of: Seattle, Washington
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.21.2018 | 5:03 PM ET

Then how do you explain Jones popping? It's not really possible to argue that he needed help from PED's.He may be the best LHW of all time. 

It doesn't gel. And we live in a financial universe. There's no better way of ruining UFC's ability to do business than by having flagship fights pulled due to doping violations, and I have no doubt that the company's relationship with USADA is largely about mitigating that risk as much as possible.

If there has to be a guy, it's very important that that  guy is your guy.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.21.2018 | 5:06 PM ET

Jones popped because he's a bum ass cheater. Plain and simple. No explanation needed. Dude has no hands. None. Without the Roids, Machida would've won by 2nd round KO a long time ago. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 18 hours, and 30 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.21.2018 | 7:14 PM ET

Noooo c'mon their is very clearly a ped problem in the ufc. Men dont look like gorrillas without peds. Women dont look like men without peds. Champion after champion including current champions i could name for u that r painfully obvious ped users=cheaters. Ufc cant effectively fight the problem because its too wide spread. More then half the entire roster would b suspended. The best fighters sadly i think r at the top of their game because of peds. Same in pro wrestling, boxing, bodybuilding, football, olympics you name it. They're all using because they have to because the competition is using.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.21.2018 | 11:25 PM ET

Meh, to me if the testing company says they messed up, I'm gonna put stock in that. They're the ones claiming to the best of the best, either we trust them or they should go away. 

I mean cool, people like Franklinfan will say a guy who's been caught before is automatically guilty in the future. I have a little more nuance than that.

* Edited at 06.21.2018, 11:44 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 4 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.22.2018 | 11:12 AM ET

Your acting like USADA made a mistake, they did not. Josh did have banned substance in his system however he blame it on a supplement. How the hell is that USADA fault?  Honestly your so gullible, I got some magic beans I like to sell you....

* Edited at 06.22.2018, 11:15 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.22.2018 | 11:20 AM ET

Honestly people are purposely being ignorant because they don't want to know the truth. Fighters are using, and then finding a supplement to blame it on. The ones who are smart aka Josh Barnett, does this in advanced, so he has a ready item to blame it on. This is not rocket science.  If you looked into it it so obvious that what Josh was doing.  There a reason he was so well documented, it because he was using PEDs. He just pissed that process was not as easy as he would like because clearly USADA does not believe him, but they legally have no choice since he was able to prove it was in a supplement that he said he was taking.  People don't understand that USADA is held to legal standard which allows fighters to use ******** loop holes like this one, that does not mean USADA made a "mistake" or "messed up".   

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.22.2018 | 11:31 AM ET

*fish

Actually it very easy to argue Jon Jones needed them.  Why else would he get caught every single time he was suppose to fight Daniel Cormier?  Clearly he thought he needed thim, also does anyone remember Cormier comments after there first fight that he never felt someone so strong and could not believe how strong Jon was.  hmm I wonder why that was. Anyways so if Jones did not need them, why did he take them every single time he was to fight DC?

First DC fight, Jones has 5th of a normal mans T level (which means he was cycling) this would of been a drug test failure under USADA

second time he gets caught on PEDS and fights canceled and he blames it on **** pills (which is utter ********)

Then this last fight when Jones again popped.

that means Jon was never once clean while fighting or planning to fight DC, people should stop giving him this ******** benefit of the doubt that he be just as good, that obviously not true, because he keeps taking it every time he scheduled to fight DC even though he knows the drug testing gotten better. That in it self is evidence he would not be as good and that he clearly think he needs it. Wish people be more legit about Jon Jones instead of just ridding his nut sack like Rogan and creating conspiracy theories in there head to rationalize his failed drug tests.

* Edited at 06.22.2018, 11:43 AM ET *

mikeyg
mikeyg

06.22.2018 | 12:24 PM ET

I'm one of the most skeptical people you'll meet, it can reach contrarian levels just to see if I can match wits with a position I don't hold. You'd know this had you read anything from me in the past. 

When new evidence is presented, I take it seriously. You're the idiot who types in run-on paragraphs in 3rd grade grammar with emotional evidence-free arguments saying he's guiltily because he's done it before herp derp. Read this USADA retraction before going full ******.

https://ufc.usada.org/josh-barnett-public-reprimand-doping-violation/

* Edited at 06.22.2018, 12:38 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 4 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.22.2018 | 2:56 PM ET

No your not, you  literally whine whenever I call anyone out for PEDs. You are literally one of the biggest babies about it on the boards, but whatever keep living in your delusional world. As for the run on sentences I hope they bother the **** out of you ; )

Again, i read this, where does it say they messed up? It says just what I been saying, that barnett is blaming it on a tainted supplement. Which is what he did which allows him to get off the hook. Nothing in the article is disputing my claim and as I said your gullible as **** if you actually think he was clean. He found substance he can blame his drug failure on, it as simple as that. You can believe them all you want, but your just being extremely naive.  

* Edited at 06.22.2018, 3:34 PM ET *

mikeyg
mikeyg

06.22.2018 | 4:37 PM ET

No reason to make this hostile, but these are bold statements from a laymen like yourself on a forum who has no experience in this field, I think that's fair to say.

Being as equally sure as you are is autistic and gullible. I'm skeptical and saying there's a decent chance it's a botched test like they've done before and you obviously recognize they **** up. 

Like I said that you missed, we take what they say seriously or not at all. You're in a bit of a hard place playing nostradumbass pretending to know for sure he did something, that's all. And yeah you ramble on, I see you actually used the enter key, don't worry about your grammar either if it doesn't bother you ;)

EDIT: I'd like to hear someone elses thoughts to weigh in on this subject.

* Edited at 06.22.2018, 4:53 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.22.2018 | 5:49 PM ET

More then one fighter has used the "tainted supplements" excuse.
I'm not buying it. It's weak!

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now