Tapology Forums

PFL match making

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,757  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

06.17.2018 | 10:24 AM ET

Just wondering if anyone knows how the regular season fights are determined. Random draw? Match maker

The reason why i want to know is its going to be very interesting of who fights who in the second set of regular season fights due to the point system.

Example 

HEAVYWEIGHT WEIGHT CLASS

FIGHTERRANKINGPOINTSPFL RECORDMMA RECORDNEXT FIGHT
Kelvin Tiller
161-0-09-1-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Francimar Barroso
261-0-020-7-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Jack May
361-0-010-3-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Alex Nicholson
451-0-012-5-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Jared Rosholt
531-0-016-4-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Philipe Lins
630-0-010-3-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Valdrin Istrefi
700-1-012-2-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Jake Heun
800-1-011-7-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
TOP 8 FIGHTERS IN EACH WEIGHT CLASS QUALIFY FOR THE 2018 PFL PLAYOFFS
Josh Copeland
900-1-016-5-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Daniel Gallemore
1000-1-07-5-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Caio Alencar
1100-1-011-3-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19
Shawn Jordan
1200-0-019-8-0PFL 4 – Thurs, July 19

So far there's no matches made yet, and there could be some real potential good matches made.

Also people who have zero points will really have to go for a finish in the first round to try to make it into the playoffs

I really like what this organization is trying to do

Responses

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

06.17.2018 | 11:26 PM ET

@Pie2Munch According to Ray Sefo and Carlos Silva themselves, Sefo and a "team" determine the second round matches for the regular season. That came from a scrum they did after the first event. They didn't specify how they'd match them up, though (i.e. winners vs. losers, winners vs. winners, etc).

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now