Ajax loader

Tapology Forums

Whittaker not interested in Trilogy fight with Romero.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  1,372  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,337
  • Post Score: 57

06.14.2018 | 4:06 AM ET

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/13/17451354/after-defeating-yoel-romero-twice-robert-whittaker-not-interested-in-third-meeting

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind the slime of a new bureacracy."

Responses

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  2,599  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,435
  • Post Score: 117

06.14.2018 | 5:35 AM ET

Romero needs to move up to 205

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  99,471  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,372
  • Post Score: 183

06.14.2018 | 7:05 AM ET

Agreed. I wouldn't want to see that fight a third time.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  37,073  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9,347
  • Post Score: 182

06.15.2018 | 3:02 PM ET

I like Whittaker, but he has no say in the matter and nor should he. Had he made weight, you could argue that the fight would have been scored in favor of Romero. It was that close. Romero struggled with two weight cuts and maybe should consider a move up, sure. That being said, I think that if Romero was allowed to one last shot at 185 if he was with a nutritionist like Mike Dolce, he would not only make weight but win the belt.

* Edited at 06.15.2018, 7:44 PM ET *

"Are you telling me wine is better than Pepsi? No way wine is better than Pepsi."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  1,379  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,338
  • Post Score: 57

06.15.2018 | 8:10 PM ET

Whittaker has beaten Romero twice, and Romero can't make weight. A rematch isn't warranted. You can't just give someone title shot after title shot after title shot until they finally win.

That would be ********.

Time to move on. I guess it will be Whittaker vs Weidman next.

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind the slime of a new bureacracy."

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  905  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  469
  • Post Score: 120

06.20.2018 | 6:21 PM ET

He shouldn't be. As much as I love those two fights, another one like that, and I don't think either guy will be the same. They might not be the same after only 2 fights.

Romero should jump to 205. He is instantly a factor there and lost nothing from his fight with Knuckles. Whittaker survived and beat the scariest finisher on the roster twice. He should be eyeing up the rest of mw.

"Where are my shoes?"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  37,073  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9,347
  • Post Score: 182

06.20.2018 | 7:21 PM ET

@imperator

Did I say give the rematch right away? No.  Romero obviously needs to fight to get his chance again.  Also, Weidman shouldn't get the next shot.  He lost to Gastelum.  Kelvin is the clear cut next contender.

"Are you telling me wine is better than Pepsi? No way wine is better than Pepsi."

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : New baby, new promotion, new format: For Will Brooks, PFL 2 is one man’s ‘own personal rebirth’
  • MMAFighting.com : John Moraga meets Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC Lincoln
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones blasts UFC social media for Daniel Cormier ‘GOAT’ praise
  • MMAFighting.com : Kayla Harrison, MMA hype and the lessons to be learned from Ronda Rousey
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Former heavyweight champion Josh Barnett negotiating release from UFC over USADA mistrust
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: UFC Singapore media day faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 2 Results: Firmino vs. Brooks
  • UFC.com : Mixed Martial Artist Linda Darrow Confirmed as Inaugural UFC Scholarship Recipient
  • MMAFighting.com : The Ultimate Fighter 27, Episode 10 results: Katona vs. Mitchell
  • MMAFighting.com : Claudia Gadelha’s knee surgery deemed successful
  • MMAFighting.com : Invicta FC matchmaker Kaitlin Young returns against Reina Miura at RIZIN 12
  • MMAFighting.com : Rafael dos Anjos undergoes plastic surgery after ear nearly fell off at UFC 225
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 2 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : His goal is a title, but the fact that Brian Foster is still fighting is remarkable enough
  • MMAFighting.com : Greg Rebello to fight replacement Angel DeAnda on Contender Series
  • MMAFighting.com : Wanderlei Silva says he’s fighting ‘Rampage’ Jackson in September
  • MMAFighting.com : David Branch willing to fight ‘Jacare’ Souza in Brazil: ‘I’d go to the friggin’ moon’
  • MMAFighting.com : Live chat with MMA Fighting at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Live chat with MMA Fighting now
  • MMAFighting.com : Chat Wrap: UFC Singapore, PFL, announcement