Topic: UFC Matchups

Will Nicco Montano defend her title against Valentina Shevchenko?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

focus_mma
focus_mma
  • Predictions:  28  |  75.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 108

06.14.2018 | 12:18 AM ET

Could this be a repeat of the Germaine De Randamie and Cyborg situation? How will the UFC deal with this if it persists and what is a reasonable amount of time to wait until something should be done? A division this new needs all the momentum it can get to build and stay relevant. this is a tricky situation to get right.

"Discussing MMA is my passion and life."

Responses

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

06.14.2018 | 3:27 AM ET

She's doing the right thing for herself. Esparza went through the TUF house, won the belt, then came back too soon. Esparza's tenure as UFC champ is the shortest in the history of the company (besides those that have been stripped). Regardless, if Montano is not goal aligned with Shevchenko or the organization, it might be wise to take that "being stripped" or "interim champ needed" threshold to the limit before committing to fight again.    

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.14.2018 | 4:06 PM ET

Please dont say such things. Nobody even considers montanna the real champ. Same as when esparza won thats just for the show. I suspect niko losses her belt to shevchenko if they fight. Think she suspects the same thing. Thats why shes milking her time as champ cause its quickly coming to an end. If she was the champ we would've had this fight already. Shevchenko smells her fear too. And its a shame this **** happens so much. How long b4 rose excepts the andrade fight and loses her belt too?
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

06.14.2018 | 8:23 PM ET

It's not up to you whether she's the champ or not. The UFC recognizes who are their champions, no other opinions matter.        

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.22.2018 | 5:58 PM ET

I never said it was up to me meathead! If no other opinions matter why r u on here? Stupid idiot! She is a paper champ! Period.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.22.2018 | 6:31 PM ET

It wouldn't have mattered when Esparza came back, Joanna had her number. It won't matter when Nico decides to be a fighter again, Shev wins. With ease. 

* Edited at 06.22.2018, 6:31 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 2 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.22.2018 | 7:03 PM ET

Agreed 100%
BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,380  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

06.22.2018 | 9:05 PM ET

It's not even a contest for Schevchenko.. Montaño will get absolutely destroyed... I've got an idea for how it'll go... Do you remember how the fight with TUF Strawweight winner and inaugural title holder Carla Esparza went with Joanna Jędrzejċzyk?? That's about what I expect...

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.22.2018 | 10:17 PM ET

I expect this to look pretty much like Val's last fight really. That is, a completely non-competitive shellacking that hopefully isn't waved off late again.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 13 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
jacomalfoy1
jacomalfoy1
  • Predictions:  26,186  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 187

06.25.2018 | 1:17 PM ET

I think Nicco definitely wants the fight, but what on Earth could she even do to Shevchenko? She won all of her fights in the house by boring decisions, won the belt by a boring decision, and didn't really even hurt the girls she beat. You can't just hold Shev on the fence or throw a couple more punches than her to win the round, it's just not going to work. Nicco is going to get seriously hurt, I'm not even really sure if I want to watch a live death on TV. (just kidding, I absolutely do)

"USA in this hoe"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.25.2018 | 1:29 PM ET

Just look at the Tapology Women's Flyweight Rankings, we know who the real #1 is. Nicco can hide and hold onto that TUF Belt all she likes, it's getting taken soon enough.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 4 months, 1 week, 12 hours, and 20 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.26.2018 | 12:50 AM ET

Valentinas older sister fights tomorrow on
Dana whites contender series.
She's a minus 1000 favourite
Fighting jaymee navaree at flyweight.
Imagine the shevchenko sisters fighting
Each other for the flyweight belt.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.26.2018 | 2:35 AM ET

Seen a couple of her fights free, she's got very good hands--nice speed and crisp combo's. 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 13 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.26.2018 | 10:39 AM ET

Good to no. She wins all her mma fights by decision.
3-0 real mma fights 3 rounds. I know she had a bunch of
Kickboxing matchs too. But that nevaree at +600 seems to b calling me to bet.
Mainly cause she has more mma fights.
But i dont think i will. Tuff call. Bullets so good hard to think her 
Older sister wont b as good or better.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Bam Rodriguez vacates IBF flyweight title, Ayala vs Apolinario ordered
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Opens Up About Dana White Stopping Him From Boxing Oscar De La Hoya
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Referee slaps the taste out of fighter’s mouth to halt 2-versus-1 bout
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 54 video: Erin Blanchfield, Manon Fiorot make weight for main event
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Atlantic City Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Georges St-Pierre believes Jon Jones is current GOAT: ‘People have no idea how tough he is’
  • MMA Junkie : Bubba Jenkins over once-heated rivalry with Chris Wade following trilogy cancellation: 'I don't even say that name'
  • MMA Mania : GSP Agrees: Hard To Argue Against ‘Bones’ As GOAT
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 54 official weigh-in results, live video stream (9 a.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo