Topic: UFC Discussion

Covington brings spotlight back to welterweight division, can Woodley capitalize on big moment?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

focus_mma
focus_mma
  • Predictions:  28  |  75.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 108

06.12.2018 | 11:30 PM ET

The potential money fight Tyron Woodley has been seeking is now in front of him. Colby Covington won the interim welterweight world title at UFC 225 in a 5 round decision against Rafael Dos Anjos. This sets up the fight Covington has been demanding. Tyron Woodley went to social media and welcomed the title unification bout. now the question is will Tyron Woodley be more vocal in the war of words. I am excited to see how this all plays out during the summer. One thing for sure is that Colby Covington definitely isn't going to be quiet in the meantime. Whether you love him or hate him, Covington has proved he's a legit contender in the division and his fight against Tyron Woodley looks to be a great fight. What are your thoughts on this match up and their rivalry?

"Discussing MMA is my passion and life."

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.12.2018 | 11:35 PM ET

Couldn't have said it better myself. Fantastic breakdown. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 21 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
unoshowtenuno
unoshowtenuno
  • Predictions:  5,611  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  205
  • Post Score: 92

06.12.2018 | 11:41 PM ET

racist jon fitch. boring

"We are all one"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.13.2018 | 9:28 AM ET

Covington isn't going to beat Woodley, which is bad because I have to endure woodley for at least another year after he defends as he will think of a reason  not to fight again for that long.

Also Covington is an incredibly boring fighter..just a run-of-the-mil fence grinding decisionator really. He will never draw despite all the **** talking, especially after he loses to Tywhine.

* Edited at 06.13.2018, 9:29 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

06.13.2018 | 10:17 AM ET

Yeah, imo, once colby loses violently, his drawing power goes away. But in the meantime, i think this fight will draw as lo g as it's a co-main to a good fight or if it's the main event and the co-main is a banger. Legitamate grudge matches always bring big buys though. Dc vs jones, chuck vs tito, anderson vs chael..etc. 

The best self promoting fighters have a way of turning every fight into a grudge match. They create that tension. Conor is great at this. Chael is excellent at this. Hell even tito created real hatred in his fights. 

"Where are my shoes?"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.13.2018 | 3:14 PM ET

Sucks Condit no longer what he was. Prime Condit vs COdy would be a fun as ****. Condit would be absolute handful on the ground.  Condit of old could go all day.

Personally think Prime condit, finishes Cody as well.

* Edited at 06.13.2018, 3:15 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

06.13.2018 | 7:04 PM ET

@franklin Man Carlos was a monster. He was the 1st fighter that wasn't from a wrestling background that I really followed. I appreciated the fact that he could finish from every position and was always looking for the finish. That would be a banger, but I have no idea who would win. Cody showed he can bring that grinding style for 25 minutes, but any mistake and it's over with Carlos.

"Where are my shoes?"

Badabiiing
Badabiiing
  • Predictions:  564  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 50

06.13.2018 | 7:20 PM ET

I hate Covington and i am really excited for this fight. I hope Woodley knocks him out and i think he will. BUT when it comes to cardio Colby definitely has better cardio. So Woodley has to be smart. He needs to get Colbys respect early and show him what power he posses.

But Covington seems to have a pretty good chin so it's not a guarantee that Woodley can knock him out. If he can't then he needs to be careful and save his energy. As long as he doesn't gas himself out this is Woodleys fight to lose. 
BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,430  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

06.22.2018 | 10:21 PM ET

I'm with you.. I am NOT a fan of Covington. I don't like him as a person, as a **** talker, as a fighter, i think he's absolutely boring to watch... And honestly, can't wait till someone does to him, kinda what Ngannou or Blaydes did to Overeem (Sorry Alistair)

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.22.2018 | 11:23 PM ET

Think the crap talk they do leading up to the fight will be better then the fight itself!
Spudgreg
Spudgreg
  • Predictions:  2,453  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,728
  • Post Score: 189

06.23.2018 | 1:23 AM ET

My opinion convington wont be able to outwrestle or out grappling woodley and he tries to walk through his opponents offence to get them to the fence and hold them there. His striking defence is non existent. He didn’t respect rda’s power and if he fights the same way against woodley he will walk straight into the power of the hardest hitting welterweight and get knocked out. His only path to win is woodley getting tired. It’s possible but I don’t see convington lasting that long 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.23.2018 | 2:38 AM ET

Covington is gonna get KTFO by that big right hand. Just a very **** stylistic matchup for covington.

Til could get through Woodley possibly if he catches him. If that fails I guess Usman is the guy with the best shot of getting it done. I suspect he might be as whiny or a whinier ***** than Woodley though so yea know, swings and roundabouts.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, and 44 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia badly misses weight for Devin Haney fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘3 pounds is nothing stop crying’: Ryan Garcia, pros react to Garcia missing weight for Devin Haney showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Half-Mexican’ Costa Is Not A ‘Dirty’ Brazilian!
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor says ‘door is open’ for move to MMA; Daniel Cormier tells him ‘stick to wrestling’
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return