Topic: Ellenberger vs. Saunders

Ellenberger vs. Saunders

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,748
  • Post Score: 47

05.28.2018 | 12:13 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Ellenberger vs. Saunders. Let's see what you've got.

Responses

Seabeast06
Seabeast06
  • Predictions:  3,799  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 67

05.28.2018 | 12:13 PM ET

Prediction: correct Saunders   wrong Decision  

Saunders edges a decision by being slightly less shot than Jake.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

05.28.2018 | 1:04 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Ellenberger is far from the guy he was in his prime, but he's only lost to beasts. He probably still has enough in the tank to beat Saunders. 
Shaolin86
Shaolin86
  • Predictions:  4,974  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,090
  • Post Score: 125

05.28.2018 | 3:13 PM ET

I agree that Jake is slightly less shot, but has suffered one of the most brutal KO's in MMA history in his last one with Perry. Both are coming off the worst KO losses in their careers. I think if either one doesn't knock the other out early, Jake can at least fall back on his wrestling advantage and ground and pound to wear down Saunders down the stretch.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

05.30.2018 | 12:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct Saunders   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Not sure why Jake is a big favorite, he's more shot and has less tools.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

05.30.2018 | 4:32 AM ET

I favor Saunders too, Jake is really shot, Marquardt-level shot.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

05.30.2018 | 3:14 PM ET

Power is the last thing to go. Ben has no power. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 2 hours, and 35 minutes from now.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

05.30.2018 | 4:29 PM ET

This may be a close fight now that both are "shot", but when they were in their primes, this wouldn't have been close at all. Ellenberger would have destroyed him. 

It wasn't that long ago Ellenberger was able to be the first guy to drop Matt Brown (and shortly after was the first guy to finish Matt Brown with strikes.) I think there's a good chance we get some vintage Ellenberger here. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

05.31.2018 | 1:45 AM ET

Prediction: correct Saunders   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Think  saunders uses his height and reach advantage to keep ellenberger at range untill he puts him in a thai plum and gets s ko with knees and or elbows in the first. Or it goes to a decision for ben 
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.01.2018 | 8:00 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I actually thought Jake was done with the UFC.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

kctec
kctec
  • Predictions:  3,322  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: 159

06.01.2018 | 10:54 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I love Ben.  Follow him on fb .... but he has struggled against grapple heavy attacks in the past.   I suspect that Jake will avoid at all costs being caught in the plum of doom and death by the sharpest elbows in the game.   Look for a split decision by Wall in Stall and Hump a Chump.  This clearly looks like a loser leaves the ufc bout ... also looks like if you don't impress you may walk also ... 

"If you can't beat them, put them into your trunk and drive them to somewhere you can."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

06.01.2018 | 10:17 PM ET

Ben is the man. He’s a true mma junkie, fan and enthusiast. He usually posts before and after fights at junkie, regardless of the outcome. He’s got real passion for the sport and is a cool dude, from what I e seen, in general. 

I was high on Jake as a Bodog and IFL prospect. He really looked like a killer at times and won me some big money a few times. I bet he’d lose to Condit but would drop him at least once first. Then put a few hundo on him vs Jkae Shields. Unfortunately I held onto my fandom too long and he’s cost me big. He never really learned to get through some adverse moments. I always though he underachieved a bit but who am I to say. 

I like them both, took Jake but like  Ben as a man, from my limited interactions. I really do t want to either take another ugly loss. 

* Edited at 06.01.2018, 10:56 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Fan Apologizes To Arman Tsarukyan For ‘Flipping Him Off’ At UFC 300, Says He Wouldn’t Sue UFC
  • MMA Mania : Holloway, Harrison Upend Official UFC Rankings
  • MMA Junkie : Why Arman Tsarukyan finds Charles Oliveira 'more dangerous' than UFC champ Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Jama Vs. Jiri - ‘Make It Happen!’
  • MMA Junkie : Gegard Mousasi frustrated by 'radio silence' from PFL, feeling pressured to 'take a pay cut'
  • MMA Mania : Battle of the BMFs? ‘I Would Love To Bust Gaethje’s Face Up’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I just need to land the correct shot and he’s gone’: Riakporhe confident he’ll beat Billam-Smith again
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ian Machado Garry calls for UFC 303 co-main event vs. ‘p****’ Colby Covington, says ‘I’ll retire him for good’
  • MMA Junkie : Jessica Andrade: Title shot after UFC 300 win is the 'natural course of things'
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Haney vs Garcia preview and Ryan’s chances at the upset
  • Jits Magazine : Subversiv 10 Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : Andorra And Brazil Bring Stellar AJP Tournaments To Their Territories
  • MMAFighting.com : New video shows Max Holloway’s instant backstage reaction after legendary Justin Gaethje knockout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Magomed By KO? Pereira ‘Doesn’t Have A Chin’
  • MMA Mania : Bellator Paris Fight Card, Rumors For Nurmagomedov vs. Shabliy
  • MMA Mania : New Title? McGregor Vs. Chandler ‘Should Be For A Belt’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 300 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo: 'I deserve to fight for the championship next' after UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Should Max Holloway go back to 145 or stay at 155 after BMF title win?
  • MMA Mania : Math! Harrison Proves ‘PFL Champions Can Beat Anyone’