Topic: Punk vs. Jackson

Punk vs. Jackson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

05.15.2018 | 8:56 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Punk vs. Jackson. Let's see what you've got.

Responses Page 2

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 4:03 PM ET

Prediction: Punk  |  Submission  |  Round 1

Do us all a favor and look up where Swastikas were derived from. Getting offended by a made up symbol somebody stole from ancient Buddhists is pathetic. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

06.06.2018 | 4:08 PM ET

Prediction: Punk  |  Decision

I know the origins of the swastika.  Bottom line is that the Nazi's appropriated the symbol and it is now universally associated with white supremacy.  It's ruined, unusable unless you're a white supremacist.  Just like the name Hitler.  There aren't any Hitler's anymore, the name is ruined.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 4:13 PM ET

Our fathers-fathers universally and officially killed the Nazi's. They do not exist anymore. Can some dumb redneck get it tattooed on him still? Sure. Does that make him legit? Not even close. And choosing to get offended by it proves that people aren't worth saving. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
jodybanman
jodybanman

06.06.2018 | 4:21 PM ET

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 4:30 PM ET

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.06.2018 | 4:46 PM ET

I get what Bruce is saying. Having a 'Nazi' Tattoo does not a Nazi make. It's a fair point; I have no doubt that there are many people out there who have regrettable tattoos with symbolic meanings they currently find abhorrent but who don't get them removed for various reasons that have nothing to do with the ideas said tattoos project.

We live in an age characterized by facile, identikit thinking where everything is reduced to platitudes and binaural, dualistic thinking. And yes,  millennials are the worst culprits. I suspect it has something to do with with being weened from birth on PC culture ( personal computers, that is). They cannot think laterally.....their thinking is largely dimensionless, monocular. You can't tell them that though, because they are also raging narcissists predisposed to sociopathy who will refuse to admit error even when caught being  caught out dead-to-rights. 

The world is complicated, people's histories are complicated, and the past is not the present.

Ironically, a hardnosed Israeli nationalist is quite flagrantly is much closer to a Nazi than some guy who got a bunch of sun rune tattoos on his arm out of necessity to survive in jail. Such a person genuinely believes might is right, that Palestinians should rightfully be caged like animals and shot/ airbombed with poison for sport, that they are biologically and morally superior to their neighbors--a different species altogether, and  would like nothing more than to see every Palestinian effaced from the Earth in general.  They attend participation rallies, outright deny any wrongdoing or culpability in the face of primary evidence to the tune of images and footage of people being arbitrarily shot on sight or else explain that said victims were actually  Hamas operatives--all of which are plays taken right out of the third Reich playbook.

Of course there is a contingency of people who will say 'Well, Jew's can't be racist because of their history" or the other variant which is 'Israel is fighting for survival'.  They are the same lackwits who say that there's not much difference between a democracy and a totalitarian state anyway, so it's a wash'--basically, half a loaf of bread is the same as none at all. Both counts are wrong; in fact Israel is backed by the US (which has used its veto powers of the UN to squash any semblance of fairness towards Palestine despite unilateral support for it) anyone with a pulse can be atrociously racist, and the Israeli regime is among the most brutal and dictatorial in existence and oversees the shooting of rock-throwing children routinely. Netanyahu is at least as bad Putin and probably worse owing to the fact that he is an ideologue and the expansion of Israel into Palestinian  territories is beyond mission creep, it is simply artful conquest.

* Edited at 06.06.2018, 5:10 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 17 hours, and 58 minutes from now.
jodybanman
jodybanman

06.06.2018 | 8:00 PM ET

I agree.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.06.2018 | 10:39 PM ET

How about when the guy gets sent back to jail and his nazi buddys c he covered up his swastica. Besides i've met more black racists then white in my life. Last i checked there is no white entertainment tv channel or white lives matter group. Who gives a crap pathetic racists will always b around white ones black ones mexican asian f@@k them all.

Its easy to tell who the racists r as well cause mostly they're dumb as ****!!

TAPOLOGY POWER!!!!
Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,822  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,007

06.06.2018 | 10:45 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  Decision

Well, I mean, if you're expecting going back to prison then yeah, covering the tattoos up is a no-go, but I don't think that's a healthy mindset. Lol.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.06.2018 | 10:47 PM ET

Thought this thread was about cm punk and mike jackson anyway.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.06.2018 | 10:51 PM ET

True but if he got the tats out of fear he wont cover them cause of the same fear. Or maybe he is a racist and its all talk not to hurt his wifes career. 
bkt1982
bkt1982
  • Predictions:  2,023  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  135
  • Post Score: 19

06.08.2018 | 7:35 AM ET

Prediction: Punk

These two are almost equal in the numbers. Punk the senior in age and 1 inch disadvantage has the heart and skills to take out Jackson.

"I dont fight to win, I fight to survive!"

golfy77
golfy77
  • Predictions:  1,488  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 155

06.08.2018 | 10:58 PM ET

On what basis do you predict this fight?

We have virtually no footage of either Mike Jackson or CM Punk.

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

06.08.2018 | 11:06 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  Submission  |  Round 1

random number generator

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

golfy77
golfy77
  • Predictions:  1,488  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 155

06.08.2018 | 11:10 PM ET

Hey, that's actually not a bad idea for me.

I'm already at 50% anyways.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.08.2018 | 11:28 PM ET

Lol
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.09.2018 | 5:58 AM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Mike Jackson is a RockStaR

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.09.2018 | 7:43 AM ET

What a joke fight indeed, not a worked fight to me, seems very 50/50.

Weird that this guy Jackson can have black power on his chest though, hypocrisy UFC..

* Edited at 06.09.2018, 8:34 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 16 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
DemandsExcellence
DemandsExcellence
  • Predictions:  13  |  46.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

06.09.2018 | 12:43 PM ET

Punk wins this one because his photo was on the left side. In truth... don't know. Don't care.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

06.09.2018 | 5:44 PM ET

When I watched the weigh ins I thought to myself, huh this is what would happen if they just came to the gym and grabbed two guys to fight in the ufc.

"Where are my shoes?"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings