Topic: Punk vs. Jackson

Punk vs. Jackson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,815
  • Post Score: 47

05.15.2018 | 8:56 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Punk vs. Jackson. Let's see what you've got.

Responses

nextbantamking26
nextbantamking26
  • Predictions:  6,339  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -33

05.15.2018 | 8:56 PM ET

Prediction: Punk

III
Seabeast06
Seabeast06
  • Predictions:  3,799  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 67

06.02.2018 | 4:00 PM ET

Prediction: Punk  |  Submission  |  Round 2

Two absolutely awful fighters in an absolte ****-show of a fight. I genuinely beleive Punk is winning as I truly believe this will be a blatantly fixed fight. WME need the money Punk MAY generate if they can keep him around. Jackson is a photographer, no career to kill by taking a dive.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

06.03.2018 | 8:24 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

if jackson is motivated for this opportunity then this could be cake, otherwise we may very well get a cm punk mercy tko.
Shaolin86
Shaolin86
  • Predictions:  4,974  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,090
  • Post Score: 125

06.04.2018 | 6:53 AM ET

Prediction: Punk  |  Decision

I guess it's possible where they pay Jackson under the table a large sum of money to fall to Punk without making it too obvious, but that's an extremely risky proposition. This is the fight they tried to make in the first place and instead went with Gall because he called Punk out. I honestly think Punk has improved enough to get a legit win against an equally experienced guy in MMA. Punk by sub or decision, lol.
PowerfulTW
PowerfulTW
  • Predictions:  572  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 17

06.04.2018 | 12:03 PM ET

I hope Phil Brooks wins lol
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

06.04.2018 | 1:13 PM ET

I respect Punk for attempting to compete in MMA but he has no future in it.  Even if he beats Jackson, so what?  What then?  He's not going to beat anyone with a higher skill/experience level than Jackson, so who would be next?  I guess it's great for guys like Jackson because it gives them opportunities in the UFC.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

ian729
ian729
  • Predictions:  24,135  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,235
  • Post Score: 259

06.04.2018 | 11:27 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

Good on Brooks for busting ass and being able to say he can step into the cage, but this fight won't prove anything. We'll know what we already know if he loses, and if he wins, its not like its going to be a huge impact in the fight world. I can believe the stuff about the fight potentially being fixed
Shaolin86
Shaolin86
  • Predictions:  4,974  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,090
  • Post Score: 125

06.05.2018 | 3:06 AM ET

Someone's 0 has to go!
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.06.2018 | 10:04 AM ET

Hard to say its fixed but it certainly seems that way. I doubt punk would b in on it if it is fixed so all the credit in the world for him. It could b jackson is just a lemon for punk to tune up on. Im betting the fix is in go cm punk.
boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

06.06.2018 | 1:21 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  Submission  |  Round 1

Given the whole brouhaha about Andrea Lee's husband and his tattoos this is a good time point out the hypocrisy of Mike Jackson and his "Black Power" tattoo. A white person with a "White Power" tattoo wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the UFC cage.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

06.06.2018 | 3:09 PM ET

Black Power does have racist and segregationalists meaning in the hands of certain groups, although isn't intrinsically racist (see the Black Panthers before people scream at me), so yeah it is hypocritical on the part of the UFC in some respects. But Nazism is indisputably and intrinsically racist, so there is there an element of false equivalency there. 

I was all in for giving Donnie Aaron the benefit of the doubt, he says he has turned is life around and is ashamed blah blah blah. (I know he is/was a tapology member so that might have helped me let him off - not that he'll lose any sleep over what I think!). Then I saw the interview with KGB where she said he'd get them covered if they could make them look any less trashy then they already are. What the hell is trashier than swastika!? Just get a big ass block of ink that covers it man! If you wanted them gone they'd be gone.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 3:11 PM ET

Prediction: Punk  |  Submission  |  Round 1

His skin, he can do whatever he wants with it. Don't like it? Don't look.

Ya spineless fruitcakes. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
jodybanman
jodybanman

06.06.2018 | 3:16 PM ET

No, you know what, when I see swastikas I have a real problem with it.  Don't look?  That's what the world did during the holocaust.  

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 3:17 PM ET

World War II happened ya silly millennial. The world went to war with those *******s. If those men were as sensitive and worthless as you, we'd all be dead or speaking German. Go play with your iphone again little boy. 

* Edited at 06.06.2018, 7:34 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 3:22 PM ET

Get on a MMA site and complain about a grown-mans tattoos. **** you.
HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

06.06.2018 | 3:22 PM ET

Bruce we get it. You are tough. There are Russian's who can blast holes in steel with their minds. People who take offense to being set on fire are 'fruitcakes'. Everyone on the internet but you lives in their parents basement. You are such a caricature of yourself now you don't even need to post. We can just imagine the crap you'd type and feel good about ourselves that we aren't as repulsive as you.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 3:25 PM ET

16 million Russians died in WW2. Without them, Germany wins. Fact. 
jodybanman
jodybanman

06.06.2018 | 3:51 PM ET

I agree with you on that, but it has nothing to do with the holocaust or swastika tattoos or the argument at hand.

I'm on a MMA site complaining about a grown man's tattoo's because the man in question is an MMA fighter and corner man.  I can forgive the mistake of falling in with Neo Nazis in prison and getting the requisite tattoos, but when you're in the real world you should probably get those changed or cover them.  

If you don't like that opinion, fine.  But your anger and exasperation seems misguided to me.  

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2018 | 3:55 PM ET

I'd love to hear what you think you know about the real world. 
jodybanman
jodybanman

06.06.2018 | 3:59 PM ET

I think it's pretty clear that in the real world swastikas aren't appropriate anymore.  Pretty sure I am in the majority on that one.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career