Topic: Bellator Discussion

Fedor or Sonnen?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

The GOAT
The GOAT
  • Predictions:  555  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 79

05.03.2018 | 8:19 PM ET

I think Chael's wrestling will be a problem for Fedor, but Fedor has good armbars off his back and Chael is known to be vulnerable to submissions when he's on top. Fedor is also good at escaping dangerous positions on the ground. Chael isn't much of a power puncher and his striking is pure ****, so it's unlikely Fedor will get stunned in this fight. Fedor obviously hits like a straight up Putin missile. Chael is known for making crucial mistakes that cost him the fight (spinning backfist on Silva, sitting in Silva's guard instead of mounting him or moving to side control). I'd go with Fedor on this one, but I think Bader and Mo could beat him.

"My weight is not enough and my strength is not enough, so I have to take the fight by mastery" - Fedor Emelianenko

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.03.2018 | 8:39 PM ET

Probably Fedor, but Chael is back on the hulkjuice so there's a chance he can dryhump his way to another UD. I'd say Fedor wins this 6 from ten times. 

Fedor hip tossed Mir like a ***** though. Chael won't be getting on top off anything other than a blast double.

A couple of things to consider though is that Fedor is a very small HW and Chael was able to Dump rampage who was a  remorseless pie-hoovering cage walrus  when they fought. Probably weighed as much or more than Fedor will.

* Edited at 05.03.2018, 8:53 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 7 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.03.2018 | 10:11 PM ET

Fedor easily. Bader could be another story, though.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.03.2018 | 10:21 PM ET

I want to say Fedor, but if Sonnen gets it to the ground I don't know if I am confident in his grappling anymore to deal with Sonnen.  Not only that, but as I once saw pointed out by Live2Wrestle once, Fedor seems to take dumb game plans into the US.

* Edited at 05.03.2018, 10:21 PM ET *

"..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia badly misses weight for Devin Haney fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘3 pounds is nothing stop crying’: Ryan Garcia, pros react to Garcia missing weight for Devin Haney showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Half-Mexican’ Costa Is Not A ‘Dirty’ Brazilian!
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor says ‘door is open’ for move to MMA; Daniel Cormier tells him ‘stick to wrestling’
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’