Topic: Otalora vs. Yaguare

Otálora is KO, he does not defend himself and he tapout

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Arymyaguare
Arymyaguare
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

04.27.2018 | 2:12 PM ET

Dear Tapology Staff

My name is Alberto Yaguare, Pro MMA Fighter from Venezuela, with experience in bouts in Venezuela, Spain, Ecuador, Argentina, Colombia, etc.

I need your help, I was subject of an Ilegal Disqualification in my last fight, and I am trying to reverse such decision.

That fight was held in his show RFC Colombia The Beginning, the past Saturday April 7. It was the main fight of the show, where I disputed the Welterweight Title against Mauricio Otalora.

The figth was stopped by the Referee during the second round, after my opponent tapped because the hard punishment he was receiving from me. My opponent was protecting himself in the Turtle Position, and I landed several punches to the sides of his head, making him tap.

The Referee argued that some blows landed in the back of the head, and proceeded to give five minutes of recovery to my opponent. At the end of the recovery period, my opponent said that he was too dizzy to continue, so I got Disqualified.

I am pretty sure that there weren't any illegal shots, there wasn't any intention from me to hit in the back of the head, and that the Disqualification wasn't the proper penalty to apply.

I am attaching some videos along with these message, in order to support my words.

I am confident that this result can be corrected, with the help of persons like you, that may make the authorities of
RFC understand the lack of knowledge showed by the judges in this event.

I respect the promoter, the judges, the referee, and my opponent, but I am a professional who cannot accept a wrong application of the rules that is harming my career, hence, I expect to fix that result.

Regards.

P.S:
What can be done in this situation to help the sport so that these bad events do not happen?

Video:
1) https://www.instagram.com/p/BhWjgK1l78v/

2) https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156127094430446&id=610320445

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

04.27.2018 | 5:19 PM ET

Hello,

You can post a dispute on Tapology following these instructions:

https://www.tapology.com/faq#errorsDisputes

"I live, I die, I live again."

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  81,833  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

04.27.2018 | 8:35 PM ET

The ref is foolish.

* Edited at 04.27.2018, 8:36 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career