Topic: Bellator 198

Fedor or Mir?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

The GOAT
The GOAT
  • Predictions:  555  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 79

04.26.2018 | 9:43 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 730 Points   |   Tied for 76th

Both are out of their prime and chinny. I think Frank is more well-rounded while Fedor hasn't really modernized his game since the PRIDE days. He's still just boxing, judo, and sambo. Frank is 40 pounds heavier and has excellent wrestling, so it's very likely Fedor will get taken down, and Fedor isn't known for submissions off his back. I think Frank has better striking and hits harder, but Fedor is faster and has better endurance. I predict Frank will take Fedor down and try to submit him quick. I could see either of these two delivering a flash knockout since both of them are chinny as ****. It'll be a scrap for sure.

"My weight is not enough and my strength is not enough, so I have to take the fight by mastery" - Fedor Emelianenko

Bellator 198
  • Saturday 04.28.2018 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Paramount Network
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
  • Venue: AllState Arena
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: John McCarthy, Mauro Ranallo
  • Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
  • Post-Fight Interviews: John McCarthy
  • TV Ratings: 830,000 avg. viewers (1.5M peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
James Bennett   defeats   Dustin Stusse   via KO/TKO   2:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Fedor Emelianenko   defeats   Frank Mir   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Emmanuel Sanchez   defeats   Sam Sicilia   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Rafael Lovato Jr.   defeats   Gerald Harris   via Submission, Armbar   1:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Neiman Gracie   defeats   Javier Torres   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:18 Round 2 of 3, 8:18 Total Bout Page
Dillon Danis   defeats   Kyle Walker   via Submission, Toe Hold   1:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sultan Umar   defeats   Tom Angeloff   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rob Morrow   defeats   Adam Maciejewski   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Adil Benjilany   defeats   Corey Jackson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mark Stoddard   defeats   Dan Stittgen   via Submission, Triangle Choke   4:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Eric Wisely   defeats   Morgan Sickinger   via Submission, Triangle-armbar   1:12 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Joey Diehl   defeats   Nate Williams   via Submission   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Asef Askar   vs.   Andrew Johnson   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
R'Mandel Cameron   defeats   PJ Cajigas   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

04.26.2018 | 9:59 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 396th

I'm about 60% on Fedor. I think he still has the hand speed to cause Mir problems, at least keep him honest and possibly KO him early. A lot of it depends if Frank is on the mutant juice or not really.

* Edited at 04.26.2018, 10:00 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 2 hours, and 1 minute from now.
Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,749  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,003
  • Post Score: 207

04.26.2018 | 10:46 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 419th

All Mir needs to do is land a well placed counter, like he did against Duffee. Now, Fedor won't give him huge openings like that, but he'll still leave some pretty significant ones.

Fedor can still crack, so it should keep things interesting for a bit.
Shaolin86
Shaolin86
  • Predictions:  4,936  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,089
  • Post Score: 125

04.27.2018 | 12:11 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 211th

I can see something crazy happening like in the 2nd Minotauro fight. Fedor hurts Mir early, then Mir recovers and knocks Fedor down and/or jumps on something and submits him. 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.27.2018 | 7:02 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 226th

Mir is probably my favorite All-time Heavyweight and sure there is a bias cos when i first discovered MMA/UFC it was very much "The Mir Era" but even then when you look at the record, the comeback after the near death experience (bike crash) , the legendary fashion of epic wins guy is unarguably a living MMA God O' War 4 sure and damn Fedor... this is literally one of the few ever fights ill be looking at squinting through my fingers "Is it over ?? is it over???"

* Edited at 04.27.2018, 7:03 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

04.27.2018 | 7:56 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 805 Points   |   24th Place

Hoping Fedor wins.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Venum’s Adrenaline Fight Week Collection Is Changing The Game For Our Athletes