Topic: Nurmagomedov vs. Iaquinta

Nurmagomedov vs. Iaquinta

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,411  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,429
  • Post Score: 60

04.06.2018 | 8:23 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Nurmagomedov vs. Iaquinta. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,693  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.06.2018 | 8:23 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nurmagomedov   correct Decision  

i mean al is probably going to look the same as everyone else but damn im hoping for him tomorrow

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,888  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,372
  • Post Score: 39

04.06.2018 | 8:48 PM ET

i hate all the drama that led to this, but i think it's amazing that al is getting the shot. still gonna pick khabib, but al is gonna test him on the feet.
putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  9,999  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

04.06.2018 | 9:17 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nurmagomedov   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Khabib isn't getting enough credit for all this. He's literally just sat there and let the UFC play musical chairs with who they'e going to bring to fight him and doesn't even mention it like it's a problem.  Ferguson, Holloway, pettis, Al....
They're all good fighters and he truly doesn't care, this is a true warrior.
I love Jones but he wouldn't even fight chael sonnen on more notice than this. Pettis used this as an opportunity to campaign for more money rather than a shot at the title. McGregor says he'll defend 2 belts and yet doesn' defend either belt.

THIS is the kind of champion we need in the UFC. And I hope all this messing around with opponents doesn't throw off his game. 

* Edited at 04.06.2018, 9:19 PM ET *

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,850  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

04.06.2018 | 9:31 PM ET

golfy77
golfy77
  • Predictions:  1,488  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 155

04.06.2018 | 9:49 PM ET

This **** is random as ****.
WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan
  • Predictions:  1,156  |  35.6%
  • Forum Posts:  343
  • Post Score: 675

04.06.2018 | 9:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Iaquinta   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Frankly, I saw this coming.

Bet the house on Iaquinta!

Bet the house and you'll get every house Al's selling!

"There goes WorstPredictionMan, the greatest predictor who ever lived."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546

04.06.2018 | 10:35 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nurmagomedov   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I'd just like to take this opportunity to confess my criminal oversight in having not experienced woestpredictionman until today. I should rightly be subjected to rhapanidosis for this heresy and will back into the unlibricated radish willingly, and  with as much nobility as I can muster. I'd call him a national treasure but that wouldn't  be sufficient to chacterise his glory, and moreover like sunlight, he simply belongs to the world.

I've taken  out a second mortgage to bet on Iaquinta exclusively , and I just put the wife out on the street to help bolster the kitty.

* Edited at 04.06.2018, 10:36 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 17 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.07.2018 | 5:35 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Iaquinta   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

**** it.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,439  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,777
  • Post Score: 180

04.07.2018 | 7:08 PM ET

God damn you UFC, I can't believe you're going to make me root for someone from New York but Let's Go Al!!

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,430  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

04.07.2018 | 7:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nurmagomedov   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

@mulefloyd it's okay to root for the russian muslim, man. he wrestle bears and stuff.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,439  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,777
  • Post Score: 180

04.07.2018 | 7:26 PM ET

It's not that I really like Al or dislike Khabib but Al winning would be a better story. 

Plus I like unpredictability.

Although that Robin Black narrated version of Khabib's bear wrestling video is awesome.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.07.2018 | 7:31 PM ET

@mulefloyd, It's okay to root against a russian muslim too, Al winning would be a crazy story.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 4 months, 1 week, 16 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

04.08.2018 | 12:24 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nurmagomedov   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Props to Al for surviving. He was dominated on the ground and feet.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.08.2018 | 7:56 PM ET

A lot of factors involved here giving khabib a pass but I wasn’t impressed with his takedowns last night. Multiple drama and opposition change right on top. I do believe if he was getting pressed more and felt the need for a sense of urgency he could’ve forced the TD if he needed to. 

Al is also no slouch, I know. Just saying, there’s definitely some wholes in his game, just like everyone else. He’s certainly beatable. I remember thinking Tibau beat him in the day. I haven’t watched that in a long time though. 

He’s definitely a top 1-3fighter but I do believe coaches learned a lot in terms of strategy against him. That’s just the the game though. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546

04.08.2018 | 9:48 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nurmagomedov   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@Swain Khabib was really kind of just ******* around in there after the first. I have no doubt that what we saw was Khabib basically thinking 'Well, I'm not going to lose here, so I'm just gonna try out some standup stuff and get some experience'. Hence the Jab/ standing in range.

Also Al could have have gone back to a traditional boxing stance, but it would have just made it easier for Khabib to take him down. He tried to augment his game as best he could but he was just straight up overmatched.

Khabib actually alluded to the aformentioned in the post-fight presser. I can't remember what he said verbatim but it was something along the lines of experience in the ring being worth much more than experience in the gym. The jab wasn't part of the gameplan, but he kind of just....I dunno, decided to try it out.

I feel Like neither Al nor Nurmy are getting their due here. I believe Iaquinta is a top 5 guy, but the UFC hates him, ( but he did them a solid this time and that won't go unrewarded) and he hasn't often get chances to prove himself. He is a very good wrestleboxer and I think he would have a really good chance of KO'ing Ferguson, Lee, and Mcgregor, and if he fought any of them, they'd all have their hands full with him--at least on the feet, In fact I would bet on him to KO Ferguson, that's just a bad matchup for Tony. 

I mean, I like Alvarez, but I am very confident Al would smash him into orbit within two rounds. And that's the guy that Mcgregor beat for the belt. The way I see it, Khabib beaten a tougher LW for the strap.

Iaquinta's record belies his talent. He can definitely hang with the best in his division. I'm not saying that he'd guarantee beat them all, I'm saying that he definitely has the tools to, and none of them would walk through him. Saying this fight didn't mean anything is disrespectful to both Nurmy and Iaquinta IMO. And I know that's not what you said so that comment ins't directed at you, but that's the general feeling out there on the interwebs.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 17 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.08.2018 | 10:15 PM ET

Anderson Silva used to end “just ******* around” at times too, that eventually got him KTFO. 

As far as your other match ups, some may be right, a few I definitely would bet the other way. That’s why they have the fights and us armchairfighters play the predictions game. 

I know Alvarez supposed to lose to guys has helped me pay the rent a few times over the years. I also know he’s very beatable too. I find he’s overlooked by some, overestimated  by others. 

* Edited at 04.08.2018, 10:17 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.09.2018 | 9:41 AM ET

ABC logic never works in fighting.  Saying that Al would beat Alvarez there for Nurmy had the harder title fight is not accurate.  There are people avalez beats that Al would likely lose to, such as Dos Anjos. Also Alvarez would of been a harder fight then Al for Nurmy. Al may be a bad match up for Alvarez because of his power. However Alvarez is the better striker, he has very similar take down defense and he much better on the ground then Al is. Also another factor that makes him much more dangerous then Al against someone like Nurmy, is that he faster then Al is and he very dangerous when his back is against the cage, that when he at some of his most lethal. Alvarez does extremely well when pressured which is why I bet the house on him against Dos Anjos. Now does this means he beat Nurmy, no, but it is just to show you that ABC logic does not work in fighting. Some people are good matches against some and not others. Oh and by the way, if Al did not ko Tony in first few exchanges, he would get beat down and finished for sure by ferguson. Tony is still the hardest match up in the division for Nurmy.

* Edited at 04.09.2018, 9:43 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,739  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

04.09.2018 | 10:08 AM ET

Prediction: correct Nurmagomedov   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

It was refreshing to find out that it's "Nur-MAH-guh-muh-dov," not "Nur-muh-GOH-muh-dov."

Thanks, Dana.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’