Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Men

This is a joke.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

12.15.2010 | 12:21 PM ET

I understand why people would assume GSP should be in the top slot. He has dominated recently, put up impressive as well.

Anderson Silva, is a monster. He has an incredible winning streak, and even with the shaky performance agains Chael, he pulled out a win. You should not bump GSP above him for beating Kosheck. I think GSP will be top five MMA fighters ever but he is not number one in this day and age.

That being said. Fedor should be much higher, and Aldo slightly lower. I know Aldo is a monster and the future King of any weight divison he can get his hands on.. but right now he has not faced competition except for perhaps Faber, and Brown near his level. Fedor, has lost one fluke of a fight in any recent memory. I bet without looking it up you could not name the other man whom had beaten him. After he dominates his competition then I belive he will rretire as one of the best.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

Responses

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

12.15.2010 | 12:22 PM ET

Other then Verdum that is. )

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

raray
raray
  • Predictions:  193  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  187
  • Post Score: 26

12.15.2010 | 12:32 PM ET

Maybe read through this thread? http://www.tapology.com/forum/fighters/georges-st-pierre-rush/2393-Best_of_All_Time
I can't see how Fedor deserves to be ranked in the current P4P top 10. His MMA accomplishments are amazing, but his recent resume is pathetic.

"Any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

12.15.2010 | 12:48 PM ET

I understand he has not fought great competition as of late, but the man has not lost for how long? I assure you, that loss was a fluke and that whomever he faces next will be destroyed.

And, Anderson Silva has not lost, he has destroyed almost everyone in his path and even when he was about to lose against Chael he pulled out the win. In all honesty, GSP could very well be one of the best but untill Anderson loses, or stops dominating people.. and GSP starts finishing people and keeps winning.. Anderson should be in the top slot.

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

12.15.2010 | 12:51 PM ET

Good thread though, I like your post but at this time I still feel The Spider is in the top slot. But I assume that won't be the case for too much longer. Hopefully they will fight and it will all be settled.

old dirt dog
old dirt dog
  • Predictions:  447  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 33

12.15.2010 | 2:48 PM ET

I've still got Silva #1. But maybe not for long.  Check out my 6 and 7... how often do you get to see 6 vs 7 pound for pound square off against each other?  YUUSSS!!
BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

12.15.2010 | 2:58 PM ET

You think silva is going to lose to belfort?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

old dirt dog
old dirt dog
  • Predictions:  447  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 33

12.15.2010 | 3:03 PM ET

Not sure he loses to Belfort (maybe) but Anderson will be 36 in April.  Randy Couture ruined it for everyone, lots of fans think everyone can be on top of the game when they're 40-whatever years old.  But most guys aren't like that. 35, 36, 37... Anderson is not going to be on top that much longer.

But GSP is just getting into his prime so yeah I think it will soon be GSP #1 and Anderson not even in the top 10. Not hating on Anderson it's just the way it goes. 
BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

12.15.2010 | 3:21 PM ET

Belfort is going to get destroyed by silva. The only fighter that has the most chance to beat silva is gsp. So after silva fights okami n belfort and after gsp possibly fights shields maybe they will fight. But i don't think age will not be a factor with silva.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

12.15.2010 | 3:24 PM ET

agree @beast i don't see belfort getting inside silva's reach in that one.  the blueprint for beating silva is clear after the sonnen fight, belfort's just not the man to implement it.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

yankees1
yankees1
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 86

12.15.2010 | 5:02 PM ET

It is hard to tell which Anderson will show up to fight. Silva has never been knocked out, though he's never fought somebody with hands like Belfort. @Jeremy has a good point I don't see Belfort getting inside Silva's reach either, if this fight some how ends up on the ground Silva will slap on A sub. I also see The Spider winning in the later rounds, Belfort last decision was three years ago. Anderson has logged in three fights going into the 5th round since Belfort last three round fight.

"Jones: I'm sure Shogun poops like I poop. "

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

12.15.2010 | 7:01 PM ET

Best P4P is right now, and right now GSP is looking to be the most dominate fighter in the world . He just reached his 5th title defense, I believe his division is much tougher than Silva's. Going of all time I think Silva's credentials are still better. 

As for Fedor being in the top P4P he's not even top in his division. Cain is ranked higher in his own weight class so how can he be higher than them P4P. If you are talking all time greatest Fedor is there, but right now P4P not a chance, he hasn't won a fight in a year, and only has 4 fights in the past 3 years. He hasn't been injured he's just been inactive. Tacoma I see you have Fedor ranked but where is Cain? Who has had 7 wins in the past 3 years and no losses. Fedor being ranked especially without Cain, Now that is the real joke.  

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

12.16.2010 | 5:16 AM ET

BigJ, I understand Cain is going to be a dominant champion but until he actually makes a few defenses I'm not going to put him near the top. I know he has 7 wins in the last three years, but other then Brock and Nog he has faced some pretty weak competition. If he snags a few wins in his upcoming bouts I look for him to settle into the top 5.

And as for the Silva fight, I think Silva will be able to control the range with kicks and be able to finnish Vitor off in round three or so. That being said, Belfort can go off at any moment and he will more then likely try to hurt Silva early. I simply think, that Belfort is not the man to take Silva's belt.

And GSP is looking to be the most dominant I agree, but at this moment untill you beat the #1 p4p Champ in Silva, he holds the top slot. I understand that right now GSP's dvision is tougher but it is not like Silva has gotten many easy guys ( Other then Irving, Cote, and Leites. ) Franklin, Hendo, Maia, Chael, Nate, and Forrest are not easy competition by any means. He more or less dominated all of them other then Sonnen, and that was not the usual Silva whom showed up.

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

03.11.2011 | 4:32 PM ET

I love the p4p discussion. It's like arguing about religion. You never get anywhere but frustrated. I have Cyborg in mine. There should probably be a womens ranking?

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.12.2011 | 2:32 AM ET

I really dont understand how people have jon jones in the top 10 p4p when he isnt even in the top 5 in his weight class yet imo.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.12.2011 | 3:10 AM ET

It's only a matter of time before Jones is at the top of that list. he's only going to get better, which is scary.

"I Get Better."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.12.2011 | 3:12 AM ET

no he wont be at top never.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Yaspaa
Yaspaa

03.12.2011 | 3:15 AM ET

The guy is a bigger version of Anderson Silva, it's only a matter of time, I don't know how you can't see it, you just have to watch the guy.

"I Get Better."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.12.2011 | 3:37 AM ET

How can you compare him to Anderson ... His striking isnt even close to the same level as Andersons.. I know he is a great prospect i just really never think hel be top 5 p4p .. He hasnt faced close to top 5 competition yet and hes now jumping in with number 1 that doesnt earn him a right for top 10 p4p in my opinion... beating the number 8-10 lhw doesnt make you top 10 pund for pound bottom line.

Yaspaa
Yaspaa

03.12.2011 | 3:51 AM ET

Tall like Anderson, long limbs like Anderson, unorthodox striker like Anderson, Anderson is Jones's favourite fighter too.  He didn't just beat Bader, he took him to brown town, he dominated a very strong NCAA div 1 wrestler.  What was Anderson's striking like at 23? Inexperience could trip JJ up, that's his only weakness. He will own the LW division, and probably HW. It 'll be fun to find out anyway.

"I Get Better."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.12.2011 | 5:13 AM ET

You have Jones 3 p4p? ARE YOU MAD? you have him higher then the lhw champ? yes he dominated the number 10 lhw in the world impressive i know but nowhere even close to nearing a number 3 spot ... jesus.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson