Topic: Jones vs. Machida

Jones vs. Machida

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

10.07.2011 | 10:43 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Jones vs. Machida. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 11

pkclarke25
pkclarke25
  • Predictions:  732  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 65

12.11.2011 | 7:02 PM ET

Jon Jones is good but a P.O.S.

Prediction: wrong Machida   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Amazing fight but damn i just lost all respect for that kid ....just saw video making the rounds of greg jackson yelling for jones to check on machida ! he just choked him out and let him slam down on the mat ...didnt give a **** ...had no respect for machidas well being ...i could understand mir not doing it because of the backstory ....but jones is champ have some respect ...he needs to be knocked out or choked out and just left there like that maybe he will gain some respect for his fellow fighter !

"I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't. "

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

12.11.2011 | 7:08 PM ET

"Amazing fight but damn i just lost all respect for that kid ....just saw video making the rounds of greg jackson yelling for jones to check on machida ! he just choked him out and let him slam down on the mat ...didnt give a **** ...had no respect for machidas well being ...i could understand mir not doing it because of the backstory ....but jones is champ have some respect ...he needs to be knocked out or choked out and just left there like that maybe he will gain some respect for his fellow fighter!"

What did you want Jones to do, push all the experienced, qualified medical team out of the way just so he could tap Machida on the shoulder and say a few words while he required medical attention?

Yeesh let's not start another Jones hating season ¬_¬

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

12.11.2011 | 7:13 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

If someone uses the same lame 'did you expect Jones to drive in an ambulance and do the medical procedures and checks himself' I might physically lose the will to live. Jones didn't do anything technically wrong but if you combine everything that happened; thats when it annoys me. If he kept choking Machida even though he knew he was out I wouldnt have given him abuse. Even though he dropped him straight on his head after I was still to amazed by the choke to care. When seeing that video of Jackson telling him to go get fans and him obeying I immediately disliked him.

Oh and FTR, Ive got Jones ranked at #2 P4P so Im not bitter and hating on him because hes successful 

* Edited at 12.11.2011, 7:14 PM ET *

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

12.11.2011 | 7:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Decision  

It's nice to be nice Jonny

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

12.11.2011 | 7:29 PM ET

"If someone uses the same lame 'did you expect Jones to drive in an ambulance and do the medical procedures and checks himself' I might physically lose the will to live."

I didn't use that excuse ^_^

So the issue is that Jones didn't catch Machida and put him on the stool? What a crock of s***!. McCarthy stepped in between the fighters so Jones couldn't catchy Machida. And he did the right thing by walking away and not getting in the way of medical attention.

And Jones doing what his trainer asks him to do? Something which isn't that bad? (checking on Lyoto Machida). Oh noes! How dare you do that Jones,

Please put down your pitchfork and torches folks, witch hunting season is over ¬_¬ 

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

12.11.2011 | 7:30 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Oh my frickin' lordy, I just finally got to see the fight, and what antics I've had to do not to find out the results, and what a corker, Machida did really well, and that's all I wanted from him, I love that guy, and what an amazing finish, went to bed a content man.
@pkclarke, it's the UFC, you finish your opponent, you don't mollycoddle them. Had the shoe been on the other foot I doubt you'd have mentioned it.

"I Get Better."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

12.11.2011 | 7:38 PM ET

Why are people so touchy and sensitive. I do honestly want to see Jones humbled but we may not see that for a long time. Jones I believe is classy but he does think he is unstoppable, and it may have to do with his age and hype. I hope someone can give him a challenge. I think Lyoto was his best test. I hope I'm wrong!

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

12.11.2011 | 8:08 PM ET

I loved the wand finish of rampage in their second fight so id be a hypocrite  if i was too upset over him letting machida drop but there was animosity  between wand and rampage then and none between lyoto and jones.  Jones is a young ****y fighter that (i think) fakes being humble.  I hope for the day where he gets humility smashed into his skull similar to bisping and hendo.  I don't know if it will happen because he does have the amazing skill set he has.  Greg is a great coach and the video of him telling jones to go check on machida shows that.  Greg knows exactly what jones needs, even if it is to continue to fake the caring guy.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

12.11.2011 | 8:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Decision  

"I hope for the day where he gets humility smashed into his skull" greatest mod ever! haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

12.11.2011 | 8:18 PM ET

Maybe not the most mod type thing i could have said but its how i feel.  I really respect jones abilities i just really dislike him.  Same with bisping.  I doubt it will happen but id be ecstatic if it was hendo that knocked the piss out of jones like he did to bisping.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

12.11.2011 | 8:41 PM ET

I wonder if Jonny Bones watched this video...about 1:30 in...

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

12.11.2011 | 9:15 PM ET

@swick i like the little cut away when he starts getting too much into the bar fight scenario lol

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

12.11.2011 | 10:05 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Machida   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I love watching those type of instructionals. On those videos alone I have gotten extremely good at alot of grappling techniques.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

12.11.2011 | 10:08 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Jon Jones went palm to palm on his guillotine. So no.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September