Topic: UFC 135

UFC 135 PREDICTIONS AND DISCUSSION

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,556
  • Post Score: 275

09.24.2011 | 12:13 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 244th

Tonight's the night! Bones Jones and Rampage Jackson will put all the talking aside and see who can actually deliver inside the Octagon.  And as is usual these days for the UFC, you can catch ALL the fights on the card live.  Things are scheduled to kick off first at 6:40pm eastern time for the first 4 prelims on Facebook.com/UFC.  Then at 8:00pm eastern time, make your way over to SpikeTV for two televised prelims.  Finally at 9:00pm eastern time is the main card starting on pay per view.

Your prediction results and leaderboard ranking will automatically show up in any posts made here. If you want to embed your full listing of picks you can do that also.   The top of the leaderboard will be available in the right column on this thread.

Enjoy the fights and good luck in your predictions! 
REMINDER: No requesting of or posting links to illegal streams of the Spike TV or Pay Per View broadcast.

* Edited at 09.24.2011, 5:45 PM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

UFC 135
  • Saturday 09.24.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Spike TV
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: Pepsi Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,089,575
  • Attendance: 16,344 (Paid: 14,247)
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 520,000 | TV Ratings: 1.6M viewers (Spike Prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jon Jones   defeats   Quinton Jackson   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:14 Round 4 of 5, 16:14 Total Bout Page
Josh Koscheck   defeats   Matt Hughes   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mark Hunt   defeats   Ben Rothwell   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Travis Browne   defeats   Rob Broughton   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nate Diaz   defeats   Takanori Gomi   via Submission, Armbar   4:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tony Ferguson   defeats   Aaron Riley   via KO/TKO, Jaw Injury   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tim Boetsch   defeats   Nick Ring   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Júnior Assunção   defeats   Eddie Yagin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Takeya Mizugaki   defeats   Cole Escovedo   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:30 Round 2 of 3, 9:30 Total Bout Page
James Te Huna   defeats   Ricardo Romero   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 37

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

09.25.2011 | 1:46 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 37th with 30 others

How's Miller going downhill? He just had a tough fight against Wiman, and has wins over O' Brien and Pearson. He needs a step up after the O' Brien fight.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

09.25.2011 | 2:22 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 629th

Rampage did better then I thought he would do tonight. Jones is not so untouchable like everyone thinks he is. That's coming from a huge Jones fan too. Rashad is going to present a lot of problems for the champ when they fight.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

09.25.2011 | 2:58 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 526th

@crum, whoops, my bad. Yeah that's a great fight. 

@prodigy, he looked bad against Wiman and maybe I'm wrong, I watched Miller/O'brien at a small party and was drinking quite a bit I think, but Miller didn't look particularly good in that fight until the finish right? Like he arguably lost the first? If you say I'm wrong then I'll believe you, I remember almost nothing about that fight. The win over Pearson was great but he was injured i think (which I didn't believe until I saw how good he looked in the Barboza fight).

Maybe I just thought Cole looked great against Pearson, but was thoroughly disapointed when he didn't meet my standards against Wiman.

"We Are All One"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

09.25.2011 | 3:35 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 37th with 30 others

@minotauro, i do agree with your thoughts on the O' Brien fight, i don't think he was real impressive until he started to put his opponent away. I'm not sure if he would have lost the first round or not, but yes, he didn't blow me away there. It wouldn't surprise me if Pearson was hurt though, I've never heard that, but i believe it. The one that put on a good performance against Barboza and Fisher was likely not the same guy that Cole Miller tapped out.

As far as the Wiman fight, I just think Cole would have a hard time with wrestlers such as Wiman. I think that's why he was dominated in the manner he was.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

09.26.2011 | 4:43 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 1089th

Yeah, Rampage did better than I expected, nobody's touching Jones though, nobody.

"I Get Better."

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,807  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

09.26.2011 | 12:07 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 526th

I wouldn't say Jones is unbeatable...but he's pretty damn close, he didn't smash rampage as easily as a lot of people thought he would. but that just proves how tough rampage really is, i mean he hasn't been finished in the ufc before jones for a reason.

I thought Rashad would present the toughest challenge for Jones before, but I think Jon really wants to beat Rashad in impressive fashion. He looked legitametly pissed that Rashad was there. And I think he is very sick of him in general

I thought Jones was very impressive against Rampage, not because of the fact that he got the finish but because he showed great patience and stuck to his gameplan. It was very methodical imo

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

09.26.2011 | 12:20 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 337th

I've said it once and I will say it again, Phil Davis stacks up best against Jones. 

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,807  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

09.26.2011 | 2:33 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 526th

@torch I've been right there with ya...I see the 2 of them having 3 great fights against each other by the time their careers are over

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

09.26.2011 | 3:50 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 12th with 5 others

I reviewed this card at http://crumxmma.tumblr.com/.  Check it out if you want!

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Page 37

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family