Topic: Jon Jones

Jon Jones' License Revoked (video)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

02.27.2018 | 4:12 PM ET

Jones had his license to fight revoked. It's actually better than getting suspended, as that would have been for 4 years or potentially more. This way, he can reapply for a license in a year, but will have to bring evidence of reform to the commission when the year is up.

He does still have USADA's judgement on the way though. We'll have to wait and see if they give a harsher punishment. 

* Edited at 02.27.2018, 4:15 PM ET *

Jon "Bones" Jones

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Jonathan Dwight Jones
  • Pro MMA Record: 27-1-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Bones
  • Current Streak: 18 Wins
  • Last Fight: March 04, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 248.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Jackson Wink MMA
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 84.5" (215cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,568,000 USD
  • Born: Rochester, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.01.2018 | 2:31 PM ET

@Green

what was the confusion?  You where implying that Dana wants to make an example out of Jones. That could not be farther from the truth. Dana has been publicly making claims that Jones is going to be back this year ect. He is very clearly trying to put pressure on USADA.  Will it work? maybe not, but there no question that UFC/Dana want Jones to get the least punishment as possible.  Jeff Noviskiy is even pushing this idea as well, further supporting that UFC\Dana do not want Jones to get a long suspicion in the slightest and are doing pretty much anything they can to get the idea out there that he innocent.

USADA hopefully will not listen to such pressure, but the pressure is clearly there. If they give Jones a slap on a risk, that will be direct evidence that the UFC influences USADA.  Which they already do to some extent as shown with the lesnar BS. However this would in my opinion completely kill there credibility if Jones get anything under 2 years. Even 2 years, is going pretty light on him, when he should really get at least 4 years. 

I agree though that him performing so badly at CSAC hearing, makes it unlikely USADA will go to easy on him, since Jones dug himself an even larger hole. I have a feeling he going to try and play the incompetence angle at the USADA hear, siting that he never did the required reading ect.  

* Edited at 03.01.2018, 2:34 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.01.2018 | 2:54 PM ET

@franklin

Dana has given Jones so many second chances and every single time Jones has ****** him over by being a degenerate junkie cheat. In turn, Jones has cost Dana hundreds of millions of dollars to make in terms of money fights (he arguably ruined UFC 200), especially with the uncertainty of McGregor coming back to the UFC. I think Dana is going to cut his losses and allow Jones to take the full brunt of USADA's punishment and have that as an excuse to get out of his contract.

"..."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.01.2018 | 3:07 PM ET

If Dana wants to make an example out of Jones, then why has he been over and over trying to paint a picture that Jones will be back this year? Or the fact he and the UFC in general have been  floating out this idea that Jones innocent. Yes, Dana will let what USADA says stands because he has no choice, but this idea he wants to make an example out of Jones is just straight up wrong. Everything Dana has said leading up to this says otherwise. Now that Jones completely dug a hole for himself with this most recent hearing, Dana hands are now tied.   If they could get him off, they would. Jones despite being a **** up, makes the UFC more money then 99% of there fighters.  Jones has not actually lost them money, he simply caused them to make less money, it not that same thing. He not actually costing them profits, he simply caused the profit to not be as large it could have been due to his **** ups.  Jones has made them vastly more money then any of his shenanigans caused them.  That just a straight up fact.

Also you are 100% wrong that they are trying to get him out of his contract. That makes no ******* sense. Jones gets paid when he fights, why the hell would they try and get him out of his contract?  So he can go make Bellator a **** load more money?  What your saying makes absolutely no sense. I will bet you any amount of money that the UFC will not terminate Jones contract, even if he gets 4 years suspension. It makes no senses from a business stand point, and I am not sure why on earth you even think they would want to do that.

* Edited at 03.01.2018, 4:58 PM ET *

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.02.2018 | 2:25 AM ET

@Franklin

Because he is a liability and it isn't worth the headache of throwing the promotion's time and money to promote the guy as a top star when he is beyond tainted.  Also, I don't take Dana White at his word anymore and nor should anyone.  That guy flip flops so much that he might as well change his last name from White to Clinton. 

"..."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.02.2018 | 11:59 AM ET

Yes he does flip flop, but what your saying makes no sense. Why on earth would they want to terminate him, when they don't have to pay him anything?  that just giving bellator free money.  It makes absolutely no senses from a business stand point.   So again i ask why would they be looking to terminate someone who termination would only help there competition?  

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.02.2018 | 12:00 PM ET

This idea that the UFC/Dana has it in for Jones, is just simply wrong. This idea they want to terminate him makes absolutely no sense from any sort of financial stand point.  Not to mention it only help Jon Jones, by letting him go to Bellator and take any substance he wants while making millions of dollars.

* Edited at 03.02.2018, 12:03 PM ET *

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.02.2018 | 5:03 PM ET

Jones messed it up for himself. He Was a pretty good draw so no reason for Dana to mess,with him.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Fishrat de Pseud
Fishrat de Pseud

03.02.2018 | 9:40 PM ET

''We'd never get off the merry-go-round, and all semblance of sanity, and the ability to know what is true, and what isn't, would be completely abolished.You would end up with situation where anybody could be prosecuted for anything based on 'negative potential'...it would be chaos. 

It's something that people do a lot, and causes me considerable anxiety. As it did for the guy in my profile picture, Franz Kafka.''

LOL. Mad.

* Edited at 03.02.2018, 9:42 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 3 years, 11 months, 2 days, 17 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.02.2018 | 10:09 PM ET

Good lord.

I should probably give some background info on this guy, since he's making an attempt at satire by using my handle.

He's one of the major contards on MMA fighting, and has an unhealthy obsession with me,probably because I'm critical of his boy crush.One of those dudes that doesn't participate in any discussion that doesn't involve mcnuggets and floods the pages with comments about how awesome he is.

We'd get into arguments pretty regularly on the site (well, he was basically mocked by everyone on this site, not just me ) he'd basically lose them all, then go nuts. I hadn't seen nor heard from him until today for the best part of a year or so, and had actually totally forgotten he existed...I guess that isn't true for him though. It would appear that he is literally stalking me around the internet.

Which is pretty creepy, really.

He is banned from that site and is either too poor, or too stupid to use a VPN to get back on it soooooo yeah...I guess he has immigrated to tapology.

Also, the guy in his profile picture is indigenous ( Aboriginal Australian). He knows I'm part Indigenous and is basically trying to racially troll me, but I don't care. I'm not ashamed of heritage.

The long and short of it: This guy is a nutter.

But fairly harmless. Just don't be critical of Mcgregor, otherwise he will descend into the worst apoplexy you will ever see. I don't expect him to last very long here anyway TBH.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 10 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
Fishrat de Pseud
Fishrat de Pseud

03.02.2018 | 10:41 PM ET

LMAO. They don't buy your counterfeit wares on this place. Your attempts to engage people in long drawn out arguments and indulge your mental masturbation are mostly ignored, lol. As they should be. 

Obviously far savvier clientele here. This place doesn't seem like it is filled with the same delinquent pond life and manboys on that site. You must believe it is. 

* Edited at 03.02.2018, 10:59 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 3 years, 11 months, 2 days, 17 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546

03.02.2018 | 11:02 PM ET

*sigh*

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 10 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
Fishrat de Pseud
Fishrat de Pseud

03.02.2018 | 11:19 PM ET

* Edited at 03.03.2018, 12:34 AM ET *

Fishrat de Pseud
Fishrat de Pseud

03.03.2018 | 12:28 AM ET

Don't be taken in by this demented fraud, that's all I'm saying. A head's up. I signed up just to give him a bit stick for his laughably pseudo-intellectual nonsense and look at how emotional and defensive he got and how serious he takes himself. Blowhard. He's post 40 y.o too. 

As soon as I saw his name I knew I would just be passing through just to have a laugh at him, which is a shame because this looks like a place where you can find intelligent, informed discussion, where people's personal loathing or blind worship of fighters doesn't cloud every discussion to the point of pure ********ness.

The issue with this guy was the 500 long, tedious, revolting posts from him trying to act like he knew things he had no clue about, I'm talking basic facts, but never realising he was completely wrong, and when he did he'd change his argument and brazenly pretend he meant that all along. The issue was not being a 'contard' angry that he criticised ''my boycrush''. (The man usually could not go a post without mentioning something ****sexual or peado related). 

In the end I've just ended up taking the piss out of him. But look at how defensive he gets and how seriously he takes himself, ******* crackpot. Don't entertain his **** if he starts to act up and try to play the resident know-it-all genius. 

* Edited at 03.03.2018, 12:42 AM ET *

The GOAT
The GOAT
  • Predictions:  555  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 79

03.03.2018 | 1:11 AM ET

People seem too optimistic about Jones’ return. I think they're gonna throw the book at him and give him 4 years. ****, they might say **** it, lifetime ban.

"My weight is not enough and my strength is not enough, so I have to take the fight by mastery" - Fedor Emelianenko

2kTweeK
2kTweeK
  • Predictions:  6,520  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,103
  • Post Score: 141

04.13.2018 | 10:51 PM ET

jon jones is the best fighter to ever walk this planet
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

04.13.2018 | 10:57 PM ET

Not even close. Jones doesn't even crack the top 100 to ever live. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, and 4 minutes from now.
boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267

04.13.2018 | 10:58 PM ET

I'd like to see WorstPredictionMan's top 100.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

04.13.2018 | 11:04 PM ET

I bet you would. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, and 4 minutes from now.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?