Topic: Jon Jones

Jon Jones' License Revoked (video)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,850  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

02.27.2018 | 4:12 PM ET

Jones had his license to fight revoked. It's actually better than getting suspended, as that would have been for 4 years or potentially more. This way, he can reapply for a license in a year, but will have to bring evidence of reform to the commission when the year is up.

He does still have USADA's judgement on the way though. We'll have to wait and see if they give a harsher punishment. 

* Edited at 02.27.2018, 4:15 PM ET *

Jon "Bones" Jones

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Jonathan Dwight Jones
  • Pro MMA Record: 27-1-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Bones
  • Current Streak: 18 Wins
  • Last Fight: March 04, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 248.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Jackson Wink MMA
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 84.5" (215cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,568,000 USD
  • Born: Rochester, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

02.27.2018 | 5:18 PM ET

"The world must bow to my Glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

(sorry lol i hate myself too..)

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.27.2018 | 5:24 PM ET

its no biggie though Jon will 4 sure redeem his once Sacred name of the Heaven-sent Cage by running the New Mexico dunes and rugged hills many 1000s of times all in divine preparation for an 'Alpha' Duel against the Predator Francois Ngannou - only victory in this Duel can deem successful repentance in the Heaven-sent Cage of Man.. ( that or CM Punk vs Floyd Super Tilt ) ( Hellbows n movement ! Hellbows n Movement ! spinning back Hellbow!)

* Edited at 02.27.2018, 5:25 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.27.2018 | 5:26 PM ET

id say Jon will probably come back and butcher Gustaffson as a warm up before his showdown with "The Mighty One" Ngannou 

(in Swedemark)

* Edited at 02.27.2018, 5:26 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.27.2018 | 7:38 PM ET

Jones is living proof that money talks and ******** works. Should have been suspended 4 years, will likely fight again in 2019.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 16 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,556
  • Post Score: 275

02.27.2018 | 7:46 PM ET

It all depends on what USADA does. I'm not sure what to expect, but I can't really fathom how USADA would be able to justify a slap on the wrist, given their supposedly strict policy.

"I live, I die, I live again."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.27.2018 | 8:49 PM ET

If he gets off with anything less than two years, that will be bananas and would be a very, very bad look for USADA.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 16 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

02.28.2018 | 12:26 AM ET

forget 2 years, it should be 4.  This man has has been given too many chances already.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,143  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

02.28.2018 | 1:12 AM ET

Did we get any ruling on whether or not gas station **** pills contain PED's?  I stopped eating 8 eggs for breakfast and now crush a slip of **** pills in my morning juice and I want to know if that was a mistake.

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.28.2018 | 2:00 AM ET

The rhino pills thing is probably ********. Strange that they come in a can.

Just Like Travis Browne.

*cough*

I'll show myself out.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

02.28.2018 | 7:50 AM ET

Is he the kind of fighter who will go broke before his suspension ends?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

txmmafan1985
txmmafan1985
  • Predictions:  8,996  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 174

02.28.2018 | 11:05 AM ET

@Gregory @Imperator

Totally agree. A weak response from USADA has the potential to do some serious damage to their own credibility, and that's not something they can afford imo.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,796  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

02.28.2018 | 12:20 PM ET

I don't think there will be a weak response from USADA, especially after this bad showing from Jones' defense team and bad testimony.  That, in my eyes, ruined Jones' chances for his USADA hearing.  At best, Jones will get a two year ban. At worst, he has the possibility of getting a 4 year ban and possibly have his UFC contract terminated.  Whatever the punishment is, it won't be light considering all the second chances Jones has pissed away in his career.  I think Dana and USADA are going to take away the rest of Jones' prime to make an example out of him. 

"..."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.28.2018 | 12:26 PM ET

UFC is not going to terminate his contract, that be utterly foolish. Then Jones would just run over to bellator so he can take all the roids he wants.  UFC would make Jones serve the 4 years and then cut him if anything. There no chance they terminate his contract right now, even if he got a 6 year ban.

Also you think Dana is trying make an example of Jones?  Not a chance. Dana wants Jones back so badly. He stated several times he thinks he will be back this year, but recently has backed off a bit. Dana in no wya shape or form wants Jones to get in trouble.  It been quite clear to me that Dana been putting pressure out there so that they are easy on Jones, but it looks like it might not work.  In fact it gotten board-line sketchy how much Dana was saying Jones will be back this year ect.  I think there has been some clear pressure from Dana on USADA for Jones to get a lessened suspension.

* Edited at 02.28.2018, 12:34 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

02.28.2018 | 12:34 PM ET

Except, when Jeff Novitzky was on JRE he was already laying out the notion that Jones' case is "special" and doesn't believe that Jones knowingly took a PED. All because Jones couldn't provide a source for the contaminated substance.

Personally, I think he is guilty. I think he's narcissistic like Alex Rodriguez. I believe Jones started taking PED's when he was on the mountain top of the sport because he was concerned that someone would come along and knock him off. The sad thing is that he probably never needed them in the first place.   

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.28.2018 | 12:37 PM ET

Yup, correct. That was some clear UFC ******** to lay down the case to the public for why Jones should get a lessened suspension and to me was a red flag that if USADA lets Jones off, that this **** is not longer above board.  UFC is clearly pushing a narrative that Jones is innocent. Don't even get me started with the ******** Rogan is trying to sell us about tainted cocaine laced with creatine that was then laced with steriods. That **** is just laughable how many mental gymnastics that mofo is making for Jones.

Jones is so clearly guilty and has been roiding for years. He literally been caught cheating every single time he has fought DC or was suppose to fight him. Under USADA jones would of failed the drug test for his first DC fight as well for his low T levels.

* Edited at 02.28.2018, 12:40 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,796  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

02.28.2018 | 3:12 PM ET

@Franklin

Ummm....what? lol

The UFC can do all the positive spin they want, it still won't factor into USADA's decision.  Especially not after that abysmal showing in front of the CSAC.  USADA may be partners with the UFC in drug testing, but they are still an independent testing laboratory and I'm sure that CSAC meeting solidified a harsh punishment.

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

02.28.2018 | 3:45 PM ET

There's no proof that Jones hasn't been doing steroids since high school wrestling days. The dude is a cheat. Once a cheat, always a cheat. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 6 hours, and 8 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.28.2018 | 4:32 PM ET

All bureaucracies are corrupt Green. All of them. Not once in my entire professional career have I ever encountered a solitary governing body that I could comfortably describe as completely congenial and the degree to which they are not is typically in direct proportion to the amount of oversight they face, and whether or not they have interests of enterprise. It's always simply a question of where on the scale of corruption any specific bureaucratic body falls.

USADA ticks both boxes. Moreover it's not even a government department; it's a private company. A private company running a 'not for profit' model which charges very exorbitant testing fees hat has 'partnered' with the largest corporation managing one the most PED-infested 'sports 'in existence--said corporation being under no obligation to get into bed with them whatsoever. How exorbitant are their fees exactly? Well,  in real terms it's about 200% the typical market price, to wit:

'VADA charged a total of $16,000 to administer drug testing for the April 18, 2015, junior-welterweight fight between Ruslan Provodnikov and Lucas Matthysse. By contrast, USADA charged $36,000 to administer drug testing for the April 11, 2015, middleweight encounter between Andy Lee and Peter Quillin'

USADA's pricing is also not standardized, and is contingent upon the profiles of the fighters being tested. That is to say, the higher the profile fight, the more money they make testing the fighters involved.

So why would the UFC, a company that routinely underpays its fighters and is in hock for close to five billion dollars, partner up with the most expensive testing agency in the US?

Because they play ball, that's why. That, and the UFC want's to project the image of being a 'clean' sport. It's a PR play, mostly--as well as means of mitigating the damage caused by PED failures through pork barreling the company that administers testing. One hand washes the other. You just can't have a situation whereby an event that has been promoted to the tune of millions and millions of dollars, to say nothing of the time and energy investment, is cancelled due a PED or weight failure all the time. It wouldn't work. It would be financial suicide. The UFC is chummy with USADA to prevent that from happening as often as possible, and this is achieved through gladhanding.

Of course they need to nail someone to the wall occasionally to project the an image of legitimacy, and sometimes they do. But it's curious, don't you think, how often high value fighters aren't the ones getting nailed. Only when it becomes screamingly obvious, or the UFC has an interest in a PED-using fighter being out of the picture because they are a threat to a fighter who would be more marketable as a champion, does this seem to happen. Quite a coincidence.

It's better to have a good, solid wholesome  family man like DC as champ rather than a blow-snorting, car-crashing, hooker smashing serial adulterer--wouldn't you say?

Hmmmm....

It's why Cormier was allowed to fight with his shonky towel trick. It's why Floyd Mayweather was given a pass to use an IV before the Pacquiao fight, and it's why USADA does not follow the protocols of Olympic testing in which fighters are randomly tested any time, anywhere.

Consider this from Victor Compte:

“Mayweather is not doing ‘Olympic-style testing,’” Conte states. “Olympic testing means that you can be tested twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year. If USADA was serious about boxing becoming a clean sport, it would say, ‘We don’t do one-offs. If you sign up for USADA testing, we reserve the right to test you at any time 365-24-7.’ But that’s not what USADA does with Mayweather or any other fighter that I know of.”

“The benefits that an athlete retains from using anabolic steroids and certain other PEDs carry over for months,” Conte continues. “Anybody who knows anything about the way these drugs work knows that you don’t perform at your best when you’re actually on the drugs. You get maximum benefit after the use stops. I can’t tell you what Floyd Mayweather is and isn’t doing. What he could be doing is this. The fight is over. First, he uses these drugs for tissue repair. Then he can stay on them until he announces his next fight, at which time he’s the one who decides when the next round of testing starts. And by the time testing starts, the drugs have cleared his system.

* Edited at 02.28.2018, 4:39 PM ET *

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

02.28.2018 | 5:47 PM ET

@MassaBruce:

It's hillarious that Jones says, "you can call a lot of things, but never a cheat." Most of his striking defense is eye poking. He's trying to always have the fight at his range and to get his opponent to think twice before trying to close the distance. Eye poking is the easiest, but dirtiest path to that goal. 

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.28.2018 | 6:00 PM ET

@massbruce,

I'm not trying to start an argument, but what you're doing is a logical fallacy; you are suggesting that someone prove a negative.

This is also referred to as Russel's Teapot:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

This is impossible, and you may not call upon anyone to do it. Whatever charge or contention is made, is posited or otherwise opined must be able to be qualified. And the burden of proof is always on the person positing anything to establish the reality of their claim.

For example:

Imagine if I said to you that there's a giant invisible bear that can sing the bohemian rhapsody living in my garage, and that only I can see/experience said bear, because it only makes itself known to me.

Obviously this would be an absurdity and you would consider me ridiculous. However, what if I just said to you 'Well, you can't prove that isn't true, so my contention that the bear exists is as valid as your contention that it doesn't exist'.

We'd never get off the merry-go-round, and all semblance of sanity, and the ability to know what is true, and what isn't, would be completely abolished.You would end up with situation where anybody could be prosecuted for anything based on 'negative potential'...it would be chaos.

It's something that people do a lot, and causes me considerable anxiety. As it did for the guy in my profile picture, Franz Kafka.

* Edited at 02.28.2018, 8:39 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family