Ajax loader

Topic: Punk vs. Jackson

Punk vs. Jackson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  1,809  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  13,191
  • Post Score: 49

02.07.2018 | 6:07 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Punk vs. Jackson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Bout Never Materialized

This bout was rumored for this event but never officially scheduled.

CM Punk
Mike "The Truth" Jackson

fizzled

CM Punk Mike Jackson

"The Truth"

0-1-0   Pro Record At Fight   0-1-0
Us United States   Nationality   Us United States
Chicago, Illinois   Fighting out of   Houston, Texas
39 years, 7 months   Age at Fight   33 years, 2 months, 4 days
169.0 lbs (76.7 kgs)   Latest Weight   170.5 lbs (77.3 kgs)
6'1" (185cm)   Height   6'2" (188cm)
73.0" (185cm)   Reach   74.0" (188cm)
Roufusport MMA Academy   Gym   4oz. Fight Club
Tapology Community Predictions: 133  
KO/TKO
Submission
Decision
Jackson
45%
Punk
55%

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,240  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,966
  • Post Score: 216

02.07.2018 | 6:07 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  Submission  |  Round 1

Should be a barn-burner.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  1,723  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  409
  • Post Score: 85

02.07.2018 | 6:24 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  Decision

I'm honestly interested in this fight, I think it'll be fun to compare two complete amateurs to the skilled professionals that fight before and after them. 

I don't know why people are picking Jackson to win by submission, he showed in his fight against Mickey Gall that his roots are in boxing, all he did was circle and jab. Mickey Gall is also a credentialed grappler that's won NAGA and competed with the likes of Gordon Ryan. I think Jackson will manage to win a UD by using his basic boxing skills and beating Punk on the feet. If it goes to the ground, I think Punk will be the one to take it there, as the fact that he was able to not get choked out instantly against Gall indicates that he's been training his grappling at least a little bit. BJJ Scout also made a video that talked about how Punk did on the ground.

* Edited at 02.07.2018, 6:34 PM ET *

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  2,482  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 116

02.07.2018 | 6:35 PM ET

I'm more interested in this than any Cyborg fight. But that isn't saying much.
yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  1,723  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  409
  • Post Score: 85

02.07.2018 | 6:35 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  Decision

Here's a video of Gall grappling Gordon Ryan, by the way, in case you don't believe that part.

* Edited at 02.07.2018, 6:35 PM ET *

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

CousinSlick
CousinSlick
  • Predictions:  1,457  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

02.13.2018 | 8:23 PM ET

Prediction: Punk  |  Submission  |  Round 2

"Onk my tooth"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Nunes, Ansaroff announce engagement
  • MMAFighting.com : Kayla Harrison open to dropping down to 145, but condemns weight cutting
  • MMAFighting.com : Phil Davis vs. Vadim Nemkov booked for Nov. 15 Bellator show in Israel
  • MMAFighting.com : Artem Lobov vs. Zubaira Tukhugov booked for UFC Moncton 
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Walk-off KO weekend, fighters spinning and winning, David Michaud’s mystery finish, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier taunts Brock Lesnar after Summerslam loss
  • MMAFighting.com : Arrest warrant issued for Andrea Lee’s husband Donny Aaron for domestic violence charges
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman: Darren Till reminds me of ‘Anthony Johnson continuously trying to make 170’ 
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White ‘not interested’ in superfight between Georges St-Pierre and Nurmagomedov-McGregor winner
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Kayla Harrison, Mickey Gall, Paul Felder in the Monday Morning Analyst, Tom Lawlor, the Sound Off and More
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Kayla Harrison, Mickey Gall, Paul Felder in the Monday Morning Analyst, the Sound Off and More
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White ‘not interested’ in superfight between Georges St-Pierre and Khabib vs. McGregor winner
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour now
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Oliveira says old beef with Neil Magny fuels him ahead of UFC Sao Paulo
  • MMAFighting.com : Craig White will happily engage Diego Sanchez in ‘bloody as f*ck’ fight at UFC 228
  • MMAFighting.com : Cristiano Marcello: Brave is paying me ‘a lot more than the UFC’ for MMA return
  • MMAFighting.com : Devonte Smith ‘coming for everybody Dana White got’ after securing Contender Series contract
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 229 almost sold out; already second-largest gate in UFC history
  • MMAFighting.com : The Weekly Grind: Kevin James attempts spinning attack on Chris Weidman, Cerrone has near-death experience in Mexico