Topic: Miocic vs. Cormier

Miocic vs. Cormier

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

01.26.2018 | 6:10 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Miocic vs. Cormier. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.26.2018 | 6:10 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   wrong Decision  

If Cormier wins this one, go ahead and put him on MMA's Mt. Rushmore.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.26.2018 | 6:21 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miocic   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

If it happens, I'm picking Cormier for a few reasons.

1) Stipe's wrestling will be negated if not overpowered by DC.

2) I thought Stipe had elite cardio but I think DC takes over in round's 4 and 5.

3) DC has beaten big tough HW's like a TRT Bigfoot and (a probably juiced) Barnett.

4) It's not looking good for Cain's return with having a spinal cage, and DC is retiring soon, so this fight with Stipe is sort of a legacy fight for him to solidify his HOF status or for Stipe to really solidify his status as best HW of all time.

The one X-factor I worry about Daniel is his age and chin but both looked great against Oezdemir and Stipe had a hard time going the distance with a guy who's cardio died in the 2nd round.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 18 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

01.26.2018 | 6:36 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miocic   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

There's not a single human-being on the planet that wouldn't be exhausted from trying to hold Francis down. Kyle Snyder would just as drained. 

Stipe grew up wrestling. Might not have achieved what the Great DC did...but that doesnt mean Stipe can't stuff a TD. I just keep seeing Stipe land that right hand & DC wobbling. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours, and 9 seconds from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.26.2018 | 7:55 PM ET

Imagine how tiring it's going to be trying to wrestle with DC then if N'gannou with bad cardio and wrestling was hard for him to hold down. Think about that for a minute.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 18 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.26.2018 | 9:14 PM ET

I pretty much agree Mikey. I reckon this will be a very close fight but Cormier eeks out a decision, probably a split. This will come down to a battle of grind, and DC will I assume take over after the second. I don't see Stipe finishing Cormier on the feet, nor the mat....good luck subbing a guy with no neck. I envisage a situation where Daniel does a little bit more each round.

It's a great fight, and should be very close. But my pick is Cormier, for now. But very tentatively. This one is a bit of a coin toss. Stipe may well just outstrike cormier having taken the blueprint from Jones. Cormier is a good pocket boxer but he can be kept at, and lit up, from range as we've seen. Also, I don't think you can draw many comparisons from the Barnett fight. I watched that live, and from memory DC did very little with the TD's he did get which was something like 4 in total, and Barnett got back up from them unscathed.....it was striking that won DC that fight. I think we can all agree Miocic has better hands than Barnett. However Barnett was also likely roided that fight, so that's something else to take into consideration.

Here's what I do know; Miocic will be the best HW Cormier has ever fought by a significant margin, and to add to this, it's a tough stylistic matchup for him.  He'll be giving up eight inches of reach (which, ******* amazingly, is 4 inches less than he gave up for Jones). Stipe is younger, bigger, taller.Cormier hasn't fought a HW since Roy 'Funyuns' Nelson and Miocic is game bred on murderer's row. Really the only advantage DC has going into this is that he gets to train with the best wrestlegrinder in the history of MMA who is Velasquez.

That, and I have a strong feeling not having to make the cut to LHW will really, really be a boon to him.

The more I think about this fight, the less certain I am about who will win. If DC does pull this off, he needs to enter GOAT discussions. It will be the most significant dual weight championship achievement in the history of the UFC, Nothing less.

* Edited at 01.26.2018, 9:41 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 19 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.27.2018 | 3:37 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Miocic   wrong Decision  

DC is the hands down G.o.a.T if he wins that but is still one of the goats either way i mean

* Edited at 01.27.2018, 3:38 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

01.27.2018 | 4:15 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Miocic   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Totally different gameplay fellas. I’m not sure who I’m taking yet but the energy levels required for offensive wrestling vs a guy much heavier than you is not the same as defensive wrestling, to keep the fight standing, vs a guy who is much smaller than you. Especially after taking some heavy shots early. 

That said, if DC is successfully able to take and hold Miocic down, it can be draining, of course. DC is an Olympic level wrestler. 

However, you guys are comparing tomatoes to potatoes. These will be two completely different game plans. DC had trouble with Jones and Gus, both guys longer with better hands, foot movement and neither D1 wrestler. Though both are very good MMA wrestlers. 

This is a fun fight. DC won’t be drained with weight cut...or maybe that leaves him carrying too much weight. It’s been a while since he fought at HW. 

A few more  intangibles to mull over in this one before I decide. 

* Edited at 01.27.2018, 4:15 AM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.27.2018 | 8:22 AM ET

Hate this fight as I admire both of them. I am picking Stipe in this one 

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

01.27.2018 | 10:36 AM ET

When DC is forced to stand he pressures so recklessly.This could be a big problem with Stipe's power.I could see DC outlasting/outworking Stipe though.Weird fight after DC constantly laughing off a move back to HW.Money talks I guess and like already said...legacy fights and ****.
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

01.27.2018 | 11:04 AM ET

So DC coulb be the next 2 division champion and he never beg for it?

Dont call for the money fight, became the money fight!

"Never go down without a fight"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.27.2018 | 2:18 PM ET

Both athlete's Legacy's of Glory and Torment are secure and are in sealed vault holdings ( cant touch it for a number of years, till harvest ) but if DC goes out and beats the "Tru Cro-Magniç" Miociç, when he could have sailed off into sunset on a Golden Horse and no one would have minded "its all good brah... we know your a winner"
then Daniel"DC"Cormier Izzzzz : "The Karate Kid" In Theatres this Fall - starring DC Cormier as "the main star  and champion of an republic", Javier Mendez as "Mr. Miyagi". Cain Velasquez as "Spirit Guide" "Crazy" Bob Cook as "Mickey Goldmill", and Luey "MVP" Rockhold as "the snotty annoying kid" "No ! your not allowed inside or to have supper tonight Luey! go on and get out to your porch!.... Go on now! get!.. get!"
Belfortch True Champion @-Fortch é Fitch-
and Khalabib Nurmastrongmangomedov as "bear cub  

* Edited at 01.27.2018, 6:23 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.27.2018 | 9:31 PM ET

Feel like some people are being a bit unfair to DC here saying he bad against rangy fighters and pressure recklessly.This is based simply on the Jone jones fights, when the man was gassed against a roided up Jones. I mean that far from fair. When DC was not gassed, he was doing fine, in both fights, he started getting cracked bad, when he faded and his opponent was juiced to the gills. Which won't be the case here. People should really make that distinction clear. I mean for one jones work rate in there last fight, was the highest he ever done  and yet was fresh as a dam daisy in the 3rd round. It because he was roided to the gills during there fight. That not fair comparison to make when judging DC skills when he tired against literally an enhancedhuman with inhuman cardio. If that was Jones who fought ODS, there not a ******* chance he lands that head kick.

* Edited at 01.27.2018, 9:35 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

DoubleGee8
DoubleGee8
  • Predictions:  26,544  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 240

01.27.2018 | 9:38 PM ET

I don't know who a should i pick, but i'm really, really excited. They are two of my fav fighter, and of course two of the strongest men in the game

"Go hard or Go home"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.28.2018 | 9:24 AM ET

I have always thought that DC could be a two division champ. Of course there will be the ones who say he was never really the LHW champ, though.

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,220  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

01.29.2018 | 10:43 AM ET

Some people considered Miocic/Francis the biggest heavyweight fight of all time... This blows it out of the water. Cain/JDS still beats Miocic/Francis imo, but I believe that this is THE Heavyweight title fight. Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this! It's a very interesting fight, and I don't know who I'll have come fight night, but for now I'm backing Cormier. It's the Heavyweight GOAT versus the Light Heavyweight GOAT! I can't wait!
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.29.2018 | 5:05 PM ET

@rappin

those people are being just foolish. jones got caught every single time he fought DC for PED's.  He just lucky as hell USADA was not around during there first fight, because Jones would of failed that test as well for his insanely low T levels. So Jones was been caught every single time he fought DC using performance enhancing drugs.  Yet some how DC not the real champ, those people are kidding them self's. The one time under USADA jones did not get flagged he looked not nearly as formidable, he slowed down and thru significantly less strikes then he ever did against DC, coincidence? doubtful.

"here I come to save the day"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.30.2018 | 8:07 AM ET

I think it is that some peopme just do not like him. I have met him in person and he is a great guy. He and Scott Smith were part of an anti-bullying group that had a table at a Strikeforce event.

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,809  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

02.03.2018 | 8:27 AM ET

If you don't think Jon Jones is the champ, step into the Octagon and fight him!

* Edited at 02.03.2018, 8:27 AM ET *

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

07.03.2018 | 2:01 PM ET

Cormier win sees him as the G.O..A.T for me i mean come on are you serious right now mom?

ian729
ian729
  • Predictions:  24,135  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,235
  • Post Score: 259

07.04.2018 | 1:58 AM ET

absolutely dumping my money into DC @ +230 in vegas 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings