Topic: Borella vs. Cerminara

Borella vs. Chookagian

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

01.22.2018 | 2:07 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Borella vs. Chookagian. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

TheClownKid
TheClownKid
  • Predictions:  92  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 48

01.22.2018 | 2:07 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Borella   wrong Decision  

Chookagian remains the most annoying fighter to watch in MMA. KAAAAIIIIII!!!!

"“You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy.” - Jon Jones, April 2012"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.23.2018 | 1:53 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cerminara   correct Decision  

I'm picking Borella for the upset. I caught her last fight and it was basically just ****....she's a force and one to watch out for. Think a star is soon to be born in this one.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 31 minutes from now.
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

01.24.2018 | 1:05 AM ET

I wasn't impressed with Borella before the Faria fight at all.Her split dec. with Sulma whatever her name is wasn't that impressive nor was her split dec win over Dudieva (which I think she did win) and then just a few months later she runs through Faria like that.So kind of a hard one to judge.I think she just had a perfect night,she got the td after just a few seconds and just rode Faria till she snatched that RNC.

It was super impressive because Faria is a good fighter but just months earlier she looked mediocre.I'll stick with Chookagian,she's a beast and at 5'9" will be a big ass 125'er.Also I don't think the weight cut will effect her in a negative way at all,years ago she actually under 120 twice.
Shaolin86
Shaolin86
  • Predictions:  4,974  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,090
  • Post Score: 125

01.24.2018 | 11:14 AM ET

I'll admit I haven't watched any of Borella's fights except her debut fight and that was super impressive. Maybe she handles the octagon nerves better and could just perform better than Faria that night. Chookagian has looked good on the feet, but has struggled a bit against good wrestlers. I'm sure she's worked on that aspect, so until I watch more tape I guess I'll roll with Kuma's prediction.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

01.25.2018 | 12:49 AM ET

Borella has two decent wins, but her ko losses have me concerned when going against a volume!me striker.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

01.27.2018 | 1:31 AM ET

@Kuma I totally agree with your assessment of both fights. 

She did take Faria down body lock style, then trip takedown. I stuck with Chook because I think her movement and scramble abilities will make her hard to catch, while scoring volume strikes, even withought the finish power  Given Borella’ style takedown, from what I remember, she can get outpointed chasing. I think a she’d have better success with a folk or freestyle wrestling style shoot.  

Though if she does get top control early enough in two rounds.............it could be dangerous for Chook, for sure. 

Also, meaning no disrespect, quite the opposite, I find Borella to have a savage freak sexiness to her. Like she’d throw me on my back, mount and speak sexy angry Italian at me, gazing with a smoldering sexy stare, pea ring my soul.

Ok too far?

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.27.2018 | 2:14 AM ET

Ok Kuma, you managed to talk me out of backing Borella.

If this goes badly I'm holding you personally responsible, haha!
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 31 minutes from now.
MMAMath_PhD
MMAMath_PhD
  • Predictions:  1,763  |  57.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -17

01.27.2018 | 2:33 AM ET

H

"Don't go in the forest if you're afraid of the wolf. "

DoubleGee8
DoubleGee8
  • Predictions:  26,544  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 240

01.27.2018 | 9:22 PM ET

I had 29-28 Borella, it was pretty clear i think

"Go hard or Go home"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’