Topic: Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov

Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

01.17.2018 | 11:07 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.06.2018 | 7:54 AM ET

I am pulling for Khabib but will not be surprised if Ferguson wins.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

dmig
dmig
  • Predictions:  26  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 125

03.18.2018 | 6:06 PM ET

Prediction: Nurmagomedov  |  Submission  |  Round 1

Ez money
Jackn2012
Jackn2012
  • Predictions:  33  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

03.19.2018 | 7:02 AM ET

Prediction: Nurmagomedov  |  Decision

Wrestling to much for Tony
K0rnel
K0rnel
  • Predictions:  196  |  52.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

03.20.2018 | 11:15 AM ET

AWESOME Fight!

Prediction: Nurmagomedov  |  Submission  |  Round 3

I can't wait for that fight !!
danclark1090
danclark1090
  • Predictions:  328  |  53.4%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 46

03.20.2018 | 5:40 PM ET

Prediction: Ferguson  |  Decision

Ferguson's takedown defence coupled with his reach advantage will prevent Nurmagomedov from making the fight his own.

"It is all over..."

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

03.20.2018 | 5:52 PM ET

Prediction: Ferguson  |  Decision

I'm not sure is Take down defence is good enought, but he is dangerous on is back so if he get taked down, Tony will probably not get pounded as hard as Michael Johnson or Barbosa.

"Never go down without a fight"

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

03.20.2018 | 5:57 PM ET

Prediction: Ferguson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 4

I can't think of many, if any fighters, more dangerous than Tony in terms where he can hurt you. Good top game, dangerous off his back, clinch work, powerful and accurate going forwards, going backwards and on the counter. Khabib is a beast but I really don't see him just chewing up Tony like so many people seem to think.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.20.2018 | 6:38 PM ET

Prediction: Nurmagomedov  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 4

People doubted Ali vs Foreman. Imagine that. People can't seem to fathom greatness when its in front of them. 

Khabib could pin Edgy Brah to the ground. his level of wrestling puts him at Red Belt status in jitsu. He was a black belt by the time he graduated Abdulmanaps regiment. Khabib would make John Danaher look like a novice the same way Sakuraba made Renzo look novice. 

The only problem I can see Khabib having is getting past the eye-pokes of Ferguson. 

* Edited at 03.20.2018, 6:41 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 18 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.20.2018 | 6:41 PM ET

Prediction: Nurmagomedov  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

Well to be fair bruce, George fought a bad fight. He let Ali goad him into deep waters to be drowned. Shavers made the same mistake. Not to take anything away from Ali who is certainly the best HW of all time, but definitely not the best boxer of all time. That would be Sugar Ray Robinson.

I think khabib dominates., honestly. After the Lee fight, I simply do not think this will be close. I'm not high on Tony's striking. He's unorthodox, but he's not a big puncher and is wild as ****.

* Edited at 03.20.2018, 6:43 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 4 hours, and 58 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.20.2018 | 6:45 PM ET

Robinson is the GOAT. Ali is the HW goat and NO Foreman was doing exactly what he wanted, pressure his opponent against the ropes and unload those sledgehammers to the body. and that's hilarious to say AFTER THE FACT...nah. Foreman was winning with ease until he wasn't. That't not even the point..the point is, you don't doubt the GOAT. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 18 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.20.2018 | 6:47 PM ET

Either you never actually watched that fight in its entirety or you've never actually watched that fight in its entirety. Foreman pounded Ali from start to finish..."let him" *** are you talking about haha. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.20.2018 | 7:17 PM ET

Prediction: Nurmagomedov  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

Give me a little credit Bruce. I've been a boxing fan for a long time, and I still am, despite how low-rent so much of it is now.

Foreman allowed Ali to rope-a-dope him and drain his stamina when he should have forced Ali to fight in the center and fish for  hook counter after a level change. He should have let Ali lead the dance instead of throwing power combinations in close space against Ali's mid on the ropes. Watch Ali vs Frazier 1, and even the subsequent rematches. Then watch Shavers vs Ali. Ali was a surgeon in tight spaces and at range, but was vulnerable at middle distance. Shavers very nearly KO'ed Ali this way, Ali in later years admitted this saying that if Earnie had know how badly he was hurt he likely would have been knocked out. Shavers has stated that there wasn't any way to really tell, because Ali was very crafty, and would fake damage a lot to set up nasty counters.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Ali. It was a masterclass performance. But a good part of that involves Foreman fighting like a goon.

And I'm not sure why you've always got to descend straight into snark mode like a  petulant, chastised tween girl whenever anybody offers an opinion you don't agree with. Learn to adult, for ****'s sake.

* Edited at 03.20.2018, 7:19 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 4 hours, and 58 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.20.2018 | 7:34 PM ET

Because a lot of times in Prize-Fighting there's no need for opinions. There's only what was supposed to happen, and what happened. Foreman never fought smart. Watch any of his fights..he walks forward and throws sledgehammers. What could you take from Ali? There's nothing to take? I'm not talking about Ali vs Frazier or Shavers. I mentioned The Rumble in The Jungle for a reason. That reason is to point out how many people doubted the goat in the face of adversity. You don't doubt the goat.

You're acting like the rope-a-dope was a thing before this fight...it wasn't. NOBODY knew what was happening. Foreman and EVERYBODY in the crowd thought Ali was 1 more punch away from getting KTFO'd..it never happened. So when you say "allow and let" its boggles my mind. What could you possibly mean? You can only say Foreman fought like a goon because Ali won. 4 more rounds and that "goon" wins by the largest margin in boxing history lol. 
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.21.2018 | 10:12 AM ET

Ali vs Foreman had a lot more going on then being mention.  Ali strategy only worked because the ropes for there fight where much more loose then normal.  Which is what allowed Ali to do his rope a dope in the first place. With normal ropes he would of had a much harder time accomplishing what he did.  Also Ali wanted no part of a rematch with Foreman and he did his very best for that not to happen, which is why Foreman retire the first time around.  With that being said, Ali is the GOAT for sure and is the greatest of all time. Even with the loosen ropes, but even he new re matching Foreman would be a very bad idea.  Ali was never the same after the fight with Foreman, Foreman forever damage his body. However Foreman would also run through every heavy weight now easily and would destroy someone like Tyson, so that hardly a knock on Ali for not wanting to rematch a monster that he already finished.

Also Foreman did fight smart at times. He might not of always been the most technical, but he did use his head when fighting in several fights. Most famously against Moore, when he baited Moore into a trap that even Atlas admits Foreman had been planning the entire fight.  Younger Foreman use be crafty at times as well, such as using his insane strength and large arms to swat opponents guards allowing Foreman to land clean shots on his surprised opponents. He was more a juggernaut when he was younger, but he was still crafty at time, though not the most technical of boxers.

* Edited at 03.21.2018, 10:15 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.21.2018 | 10:23 AM ET

I hope Furgerson a huge underdog that be great. Feel like this aura about this fight from MMA media/fans reminds me of when everyone thought Tito was going to get destroy by a small middle weight. I could be wrong but it feels like the majority of MMA fans/Media/fighters all think Nurmy is going to dominate. Feel like the bet to make is on Ferguson. 

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.21.2018 | 11:28 AM ET

Blah blah blah you weren't even born yet. 

* Edited at 03.21.2018, 11:29 AM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.21.2018 | 11:34 AM ET

the ropes were loose

bootyclause
bootyclause
  • Predictions:  3,085  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 0

03.21.2018 | 11:44 AM ET

I bet you are right, they want to keep Khabib away from McGregor. If Tony wins, they can have Conor fight for the belt but if Khabib wins they can just avoid it all and book Conor to fight Mayweather, Diaz or another boxing match.

I'm sure that's why Conor is not doing anything - he's waiting for the best winnable fight.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.21.2018 | 11:57 AM ET

Not sure what your laughing about, it pretty much a fact the ropes were looser then normal by quite a bit, which is what allowed Ali to stick his head out of reach and give up his body to Foreman.  You should try looking into the fight, numerous people have stated as much including Foreman himself. However Foreman also admitted that his trainer paid the ref off, to not disqualify him if he hit Ali when  Ali was down.  Which was something young Foreman had an issue with doing.   That fight at quite a bit of controversy with it, but you gotta love how you just constantly dismiss people instead of actually argueing a point. Par for the course for you as usual.

* Edited at 03.21.2018, 12:01 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.21.2018 | 12:00 PM ET

you really don't have a clue do you

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC lightweight Paddy Pimblett announces arrival of twin baby girls
  • MMA Mania : Copycat! Satoshi Mimicked Oliveira To Score Stellar Finish
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville