Ajax loader

Tapology Forums

Caraway vs. Stamann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  1,809  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  13,191
  • Post Score: 49

01.11.2018 | 12:48 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Caraway vs. Stamann. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Cody Stamann defeats Bryan Caraway via 3 Round Decision

Cody "Spartan" Stamann
Mmaweekly large Bryan "Kid Lightning" Caraway

Stamann
Decision
Round 3

Cody Stamann Bryan Caraway

"Spartan" "Kid Lightning"

16-1-0   Pro Record At Fight   21-7-0
Climbed to 17-1   Record After Fight   Fell to 21-8
-160 (Slight Favorite)   Betting Odds   +130 (Slight Underdog)
Us United States   Nationality   Us United States
Dearborn, Michigan   Fighting out of   Goldendale, Washington
28 years, 3 months, 1 day   Age at Fight   33 years, 4 months, 6 days
135.8 lbs (61.6 kgs)   Weigh-In Result   135.5 lbs (61.5 kgs)
5'7" (170cm)   Height   5'8" (173cm)
N/A   Reach   68.0" (173cm)
Michigan Top Team   Gym   Victory Athletics
Tapology Community Predictions: 1606  
KO/TKO
Submission
Decision
Stamann
54%
Caraway
46%

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,200  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  10,929
  • Post Score: 216

01.11.2018 | 12:48 AM ET

Prediction: correct Stamann   correct Decision  

Caraway can't seem to make it to Fight Week.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  13,946  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,521
  • Post Score: 161

01.11.2018 | 1:03 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Caraway   wrong Decision  

Yeah, I'll believe this one is happening when I see it. Seems like they're getting pretty indifferent to Caraway since he's getting matched up with guys like Sanders and Stamann after beating Sterling.

"He thinks he's the ninja. I'm the ninja. Ninja Gaiden. American Ninja. Real motherfu-king ninja." - Nate Diaz

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  59,152  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,944
  • Post Score: 41

01.12.2018 | 7:56 AM ET

Do they have a grudge against him?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  7,320  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,101
  • Post Score: 142

01.12.2018 | 11:27 AM ET

By the time this fight rolls around it will have been almost two years since he last fought. That's a long time to stay on the sideline out of tge public eye. Especially for a mid level contender like Caraway who wants to make a run at the title.

" "...people love guns because America is a land of opportunity, where a poor man can become rich, and a ***** can become a tough guy, if he's got a gun in his hand." -Shoot Em Up"

TheClownKid
TheClownKid
  • Predictions:  92  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 48

02.26.2018 | 4:59 PM ET

Damn, Caraway loses Miesha Tate and comes off a year and a half lay off to be fed to a young hungry animal. Who the **** did Caraway piss off?

"“You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy.” - Jon Jones, April 2012"

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  6,276  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,076
  • Post Score: 208

02.26.2018 | 9:26 PM ET

@ClownKid If that's how you see it, why are you picking Caraway?

"It's hard being a Rock-star, Joe." "This has nothing to do with being a Rock-star! She's getting punched in the face!" -Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan, UFC 193

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  6,940  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 92

02.26.2018 | 11:52 PM ET

I think Stamann is the real deal, Caraway is kinda underrated but this new kid is a beast.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  1,074  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,119
  • Post Score: 5

03.01.2018 | 1:35 AM ET

big step back for caraway. wondering why.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  13,946  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,521
  • Post Score: 161

03.01.2018 | 2:04 AM ET

Cause he never fights probably.

"He thinks he's the ninja. I'm the ninja. Ninja Gaiden. American Ninja. Real motherfu-king ninja." - Nate Diaz

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  1,628  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,792

03.01.2018 | 2:40 AM ET

I'm pretty high on Stamann. He's yet to beat anyone truly top tier but he appears to have it all; good power, good TD's, good fight IQ and reactions. He reminds me of ****tier version of Iaquinta, and that's not a terrible thing to be. He adjusted really well against Duquesnoy. Needs to work on his shot selection and TDD, and really to put it all together, but given he's only had two fights in the UFC he's looking good. He's a little older than I'd like him to be at this point in his career.

Caraway will certainly be his toughest test to date, he's certainly no slouch. Hasn't been stopped by strikes since 2005, hasn't lost to anyone since 2014 and that was to assuncao who is also no slouch.I would be surprised if he is not the favorite going into this.

However, this will be his first fight in nigh on two years, and he'll have to deal with a younger, stronger hungrier guy who has been more active. I think Stamann catches him, Stamann by TKO.

* Edited at 03.01.2018, 2:46 AM ET *

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind the slime of a new bureacracy."

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  375  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 101

03.01.2018 | 3:20 PM ET

@Imperator - I am shock at your pick good sir.

The only reason Stamann won the DooKenWah fight was because the Frenchie quit with 5 seconds on the clock.  If DooKenWah had maintained top position and pretended to punch Stamann a bit than surely he wins the split.  Compare this to Caraway v Aljo which was a similiar match up in terms of styles and Caraway runs away with 2 and 3.  If Caraway returns at 90% then I see him winning this fight 90% of the time.

"Keep your chin up"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  1,628  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,792

03.02.2018 | 12:51 AM ET

@Zuli mate you're talking to a guy who once lost nearly 1k on a mudcrab race. That might go some way in explaining my process lol.

I dunno man. As I say, I'm surprised so many people are picking Stamann because really Caraway should take it by decision....He's got a good left but he's not good at finding a home for it and really has pretty woeful power, but he's very good at adapting, and outworking his opponent.

Had to go with my gut on this one, although whatever that is  may have just been the after effects of the nasty butter chicken I had for lunch on the day of the pick.

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind the slime of a new bureacracy."

Katzengott
Katzengott
  • Predictions:  724  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  184
  • Post Score: 32

03.02.2018 | 5:19 AM ET

If Miesha left me, I would also let it slide man. That`s what Caraway did in the last year and I can`t imagine him being as hungry as Cody Stamann.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov explains why he wasn’t interested in Conor McGregor confrontation at World Cup final
  • MMAFighting.com : T.J. Dillashaw thinks second win over Cody Garbrandt solidifies him as the ‘best bantamweight ever’ 
  • MMAFighting.com : Stipe Miocic: Brock Lesnar’s ‘disrespectful’ appearance at UFC 226 was a ‘sh*t show’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mark Hunt’s lawyer considering amending lawsuit against UFC in wake of Brock Lesnar’s return
  • MMAFighting.com : Kelvin Gastelum: Robert Whittaker might not be the same fighter after ‘wars’ with Yoel Romero
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch the MMA Hour at 12 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch the MMA Hour now
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch the MMA Hour live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov attend World Cup Final in Moscow
  • MMAFighting.com : Eduardo Dantas to undergo surgery for fractured leg on Monday
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator 202 highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : Mirsad Bektic explains how loss to Darren Elkins motivated move to Tristar
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Kelvin Gastelum pokes fun at weight issues with ‘Despacito’ parody
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach hopes Dan Hooker draws Anthony Pettis for next assignment 
  • MMAFighting.com : Even though she won, Claudia Gadelha wants rematch with Carla Esparza in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Gennady Golovkin expects ‘more professional judges’ for Canelo Alvarez rematch
  • MMAFighting.com : Dominick Cruz: Daniel Cormier set up a ‘trap’ to knock out Stipe Miocic at UFC 226
  • MMAFighting.com : The Weekly Grind: Conor McGregor hangs out with Migos, Georges St-Pierre gets choked out by Chuck Norris
  • MMAFighting.com : Tony Ferguson says if he’s paid like champ, he doesn’t ‘give a f*ck about that paperweight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Five powerful words: Sage Northcutt shines in Boise