Topic: UFC Discussion

Werdum hits Covington with a boomerang...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

11.16.2017 | 1:55 PM ET

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/11/16/16666348/colby-covington-pressing-charges-against-fabricio-werdum-he-will-probably-end-up-prison

There's video out there of him throwing it and now sounds like Covington is going to press charges. Kind of a ***** move since it sounds like he was instigating the whole thing.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

11.16.2017 | 1:56 PM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 3:25 PM ET

HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHHH
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 6 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

11.16.2017 | 5:51 PM ET

You should always respect the other fighter... If you don't, make sure being able to back it up ;)

* Edited at 11.16.2017, 8:43 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

11.16.2017 | 7:11 PM ET

That is a ***** move by Covington.  He pulled some similar BS with Gastelum where he was kicking him and talking **** at him.  That being said, Werdum should have kept his temper in check.  He has had this happen to him twice now with verbal confrontations and now he is getting charged with assault (albeit Covington is being a puss about this).  He needs to learn some...

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 7:27 PM ET

I disagree wholeheartedly @Greenhornet 

If you're good at something, never do it for free. Their Prize-fighters. No prize, no fight. Werdum gets offended by words yet Colby is the b****?! A 6'4 240 pound man who is a professional fighter got butthurt over WORDS.....there's nothing more pathetic then getting offended over words. Nothing. 

*** ever happened to sticks & stones. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 6 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

11.16.2017 | 7:43 PM ET

@MassaBruce

Yes Colby is the ***** because he was taunting Werdum while having a group of people in between them that he could hide behind.  If there was no one separating the two of them, Colby would have keep his mouth shut in front of Werdum or get slept in the street.  That is a fact.  It's why I hate these chump ass fighters who think they're tough by puffing out their chest and talking **** in front of the camera at a press conference or in interviews in the octagon, but when they get confronted by a grizzled fighter who doesn't give a **** like Werdum they go from full chad mode to being a beta cuck.  Colby is faker than a three dollar bill.

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 7:58 PM ET

He just ****d Maia in his country then called out every Bumzilian he could. It doesn't get much more manly or savage than that. Getting offended by words is the most sissy thing a man can do. You might as well let other men pound your wife and brag about it. Werdum is lucky there wasn't an officer around. 

Also, what would happen if Colby did do something back? They would BOTH be in jail right now. How lenient would a judge be on PROFESSIONAL FIGHTERS losing it in the streets....my guess is not very. You ever see or hear about Tyson fighting on the street? Well, if Tyson doesn't fight on the street...NOBODY should. 

Werdum thinks hes a badass because a Diabolical Dictator (Kadyrov) took a liking to him. Fabio threw something like a 7 year old little girl and now people are backing him up for it....I Can't Even. 
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

11.16.2017 | 8:04 PM ET

@MassBruce I disagree there is nothing more pathetic than a guy jawing away talking like he's **** of the walk and then crying when someone smacks him for it. Words aren't meaningless and if you start talking **** don't be surprised when you do get smacked. People who grew up in the internet age have been able to hide behind a screen and talk **** without repercussions it's made them not value words and their power or be respectful of others.  Sometimes people like Colby cross tge line with the wrong person.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 8:06 PM ET

Again, if you get offended by words...fighting for money probably isn't for you. I've always thought more MMA fighters should carry a gun. Perfect scenario to shoot someone; them attacking you with a ******* boomerang over words. Yea, I would've emptied the clip in Fabios face. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 8:12 PM ET

Neither Fabio nor Colby was raised behind a computer screen. They have nothing to do with the millennial generation. Your parents were raised if somebody is talking ****, do it back. And if it gets that serious, then go grab your gun. Its that simple. Getting in fights over egos & words is the lamest, sissiest thing a male can do on this planet. 

Understand your rights & self-defense. Getting attacked by a much bigger man throwing a boomerang is perfect grounds to take lethal & immediate action. Who the **** has time to argue in the street like ******* high-schoolers anyways. 
Bigj383
Bigj383

11.16.2017 | 8:20 PM ET

How big a coward are you? I'm gonna talk all this **** I want and if he dares to touch me I am going to murder him because I'm too much of a ***** to win a fist fight and my ego is too easily damaged.

Colby is definitely a Millennial by the way and likely spent much of his teen years on a computer.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 8:23 PM ET

LMFAO spoken like a man who has never be in an altercation on the street. Please kid. Your sheltered life hasn't given you the knowledge to speak on this subject. So Bruce Lee should've fought EVERY single little ****** ***** who called him out? No. Should Ali have fought EVERY dude who called him a name? No. You got the world all messed up man. Real men take lives & are held accountable for their actions. Fake men get offended by words & think professional fighters should have to prove themselves on the street. 

* Edited at 11.16.2017, 8:24 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 8:27 PM ET

Bumzilians can scream "Youre gonna die" every card for 10 years straight but as soon as an American calls them out he's the bad guy who's running his mouth....nah. The people of Bumzil were properly put in their place & are butthurt about it. Big deal. 

and yea..if im out enjoying my life & some piece of worthless **** tries to start something im going to finish it, swiftly with full-lethality. Because that's what grown men do. They go home at night. Every night. No matter what.

Im not gonna sit in cell with 4 other dudes eating bologna sammiches over WORDS. If you attack me, I will defend myself. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 8:33 PM ET

Been there. Done that. Jail isn't cool. Getting arrested because you got in a fight over WORDS isn't cool. Having to do probation & community-service & gain trust back from people you care about isn't cool. All because he called you a ***** & it hurt your little feelings boo hoo. 

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 8:38 PM ET

Colby spent most of his teen years wrestling all over the country.....hints his wrestling pedigree.....

@Bigj You watch the Maia fight? 

Did that look like a guy who spent most of his life behind a computer screen to you? 

* Edited at 11.16.2017, 8:39 PM ET *

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

11.16.2017 | 8:43 PM ET

Psychological damage from insult are generally worst on the long-term, then physical damage from getting hit. That's being said, the matriarchal society we live in 2017 generally responds to psychological abuse with "don't do it again" and to physical abuse with process that cost around 5K to 10K for the defender.

"Never go down without a fight"

Bigj383
Bigj383

11.16.2017 | 8:43 PM ET

That might be the most cowardly pathetic statrment I've ever read. If you go looking for trouble like Colby, and find trouble that is too big to handle like Colby, only a worthless cowardly sorry excuse for a man would pull a gun. Only the biggest ******* in the world pull guns on unarmed people.

Your rant is borderline psychopathic by the way.  Do you dream of murdering people? Are we going to read about you going into a church one day and unloading clips into people? You are putting up a lot of red flags that should be taken seriously.

* Edited at 11.16.2017, 8:45 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.16.2017 | 8:57 PM ET

I never said I go looking for trouble to shoot somebody lmfao. I said if a giant professional fighter with a ******* boomerang confronts me, im gonna blow his head off. Yea. Thats a fact. Fighting in a cage for money is grown man ****. On the street, nothing more cowardly. 

Dont get your panties in a bunch little boy ahaha. Your inexperience with the real world is leading you to take things out of proportion. 
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

11.16.2017 | 10:17 PM ET

If you're going to start **** with a professional fighter, do not be shocked if they attack you.  I'm sure Werdum would be happy to settle it in the cage or on the mat.  Covington is like a kid pulling a dogs tail and then crying when it bites him.  I'm not going to say what Werdum did was right, but Covington invites those kind of reactions with his behaviour.

Here's a question:  If Werdum talked a lot of **** about America and Americans, how would that go over?  Would he get away with it?  I'm from Canada, and if someone talked **** about my country I would turn the other cheek, but I know a lot of Canadians would not.  It's not cool to insult someone's nationality, and if you do it, you better be ready to defend yourself.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

11.17.2017 | 12:42 AM ET

Furthermore, it would have been way cooler if Werdum had thrown the boomerang away from Covington, and then it came back and hit him.  Werdum's new nickname should be Captain Boomerang.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings