Topic: Bisping vs. Gastelum

Bisping vs. Gastelum

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

11.11.2017 | 10:32 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Bisping vs. Gastelum. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.11.2017 | 10:32 PM ET

Prediction: Bisping  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

Bisping is a savage.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Cheese32165
Cheese32165
  • Predictions:  24,530  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,058
  • Post Score: 163

11.11.2017 | 10:36 PM ET

Prediction: Bisping  |  Decision

Bisping is gonna beat him twice lol.

"Tom Breese Future Champ"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

11.11.2017 | 10:40 PM ET

Wow. Bisping is a crazy ******. 
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

11.11.2017 | 11:06 PM ET

Bisping is ******* fantastic. The fact people legit hate this guy blows my mind. One of my favorites ever. Easily. The second he retires, everyone is gonna miss the **** out of him. Absolute warrior in every sense of the word. Hope he gets back to his winning ways. ******* savage. Love this guy.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483

11.11.2017 | 11:07 PM ET

Why did the prediction deadline pass already? The ****. Lemme pick mah boi! 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325

11.11.2017 | 11:09 PM ET

Bisping is crazy to accept this fight on short notice, especially after getting knocked around like he did after fighting GSP.  I hope he doesn't underestimate Gastelum's power. 

"..."

MikeGotti850
MikeGotti850
  • Predictions:  4,878  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  77
  • Post Score: 157

11.12.2017 | 1:35 AM ET

Risky move by the Count but he's an OG like that! WAR BISPING! 

"Please follow MMA 24/7 on Facebook!"

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

11.12.2017 | 1:36 AM ET

Gastelum by Ko
ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,079  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

11.12.2017 | 1:40 AM ET

I get that everyone is giving Bisping props for stepping up. Rightfully so. But I don't see why he would take this. Unless he wins which is a long shot. Why risk losing another fight in a span of 3 weeks to a guy not even in the top 5 it makes no sense at all. And what if he gets brutally knocked out will he be ready by March for the London card? It puzzles me why he would take this after probably his biggest payday too.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

11.12.2017 | 3:42 AM ET

@shakeandBake, I ******* hate that I'm the one saying this instead of saying he' ducking Jacare, Romero, Rockhold or Weidman....because he' not, IMO. 

What else does he have to prove approaching 40? Sure, he had sone breaks go his way to get the belt and even the win over Spider and rematch vs close to 50 Hendo. 

That said, he capitalized, got the belt and has shown time and time again that, like or loathe, the man is as a true  spirited fighter as they come. He didn' tap, he took the nap, he fights back through adversity..

Hated him from his TUF days...but he took the fight because it'  another nice payday and he is in shape.  

It's a great fight, vs a guy, despite rankings, us mma  fans know is worthy and tough match up for him. Risky fight but he' got little left to prove. 

Props to bisping. Love the fight. 

* Edited at 11.12.2017, 3:44 AM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.12.2017 | 3:58 AM ET

I'm also very confused. This is a terrible fight for Bisping and will probably be his last showing.

He's going to get KTFO, and early, too.Or at the very least TKO'ed from mount. I thought for sure he'd take somebody easier...honestly, I think Bisping vs Belfort would have made a lot more sense at this stage of their respective careers.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.12.2017 | 3:59 AM ET

Agree 100%.

I cannot fathom why he's doing this. Just makes zero sense to me.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.13.2017 | 2:14 PM ET

Money

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

11.13.2017 | 2:50 PM ET

The guy is 38 and a former champion who is pig-headed enough to believe he can hold the belt again. A quick turn around and a win (which obviously he thinks he will get) against Gastelum and he is right back in the mix. There is plenty to criticise about Bisping but he is a fighter. I think this makes perfect sense to him and for him.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.14.2017 | 7:49 AM ET

He can make Silva's purse in this one. 

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

11.14.2017 | 12:41 PM ET

How? Is he pickpocketing Silva? Bisping is more likely to make Bisping's purse. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.15.2017 | 4:29 PM ET

I am surprised everyone is picking Gasman by Sub.

You know, we did just see Bisping get stretched by an ugly, telegraphed left hook by a guy who has never been a finisher and hasn't fought in four years. The last Time we saw Gastelum fight he very nearly ended Chris Weidman's night in the first round and really only lkost that fight due to the size disparity. He was dominating the standup.

Gastelum is very good in the pocket and has very goodhand speed. Pretty damn respectable power too. He sure as **** hits harder than GSP anyway. I think Bisping gets finished standing, within one round. This won't even be competitive.

* Edited at 11.15.2017, 4:35 PM ET *

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.15.2017 | 5:03 PM ET

Though Gastelum can def win the way, your saying, there a few things I feel compelled to point out to you, that are being overlooked by you.

For one, GSP actually does hit very hard. In fact he hits harder then Cain does, proven by fight science. In fact GSP had the strongest punch ever recorded on fight science, over even Rampage.  GSP tends to not commit with his punches when striking in MMA, however he can generate a lot of power. That was one of the few times he fully committed with a leaping hook, which was the same punch that he used that was more powerful then both rampage and Cain punches.

For two, Bisping is way way better then Wiedman at striking, like significantly better. Wiedman is extremely predictable and has very overrated striking.

three Bisping is way faster then Wiedman, Wiedman is slow for the divison, he lucky he has such a good chin and relies heavily on his toughness when striking. Bisping is vastly more experience and faster striker then Wiedman is.

Four, GSP is a way way better range striker then Gastelum.  Gastelum, is a pocket striker, so he will find it much harder then GSP to land, not to mention, he does not have remotely the same take down threat as GSP is.

This all being said, Gastelum could very easily win this in the first via TKO/KO. However, people should not be remotely surprised if Bisping just picks him apart at range with superior striking skill and movement.

"here I come to save the day"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.15.2017 | 6:39 PM ET

I can't really get down with 'fight science'.

And I cannot accept that GSP hits harder than rampage or Velasquez. That reading is more likely owing to an error on behalf of their equipment. GSP has actually never KO'ed a single opponent and prior to Bisping his last seven wins were by UD. And even if he does possess that kind of power ( which is more than GGG, which I refuse to believe) if he isn't able to use it in a real fight setting it's a moot point.

Bisping is better at range than Gastelum, I agree--but I don't see this being an issue, this fight will be decided in the phone booth. Gastelum is very good at closing the distance and has very fast hands....Bisping, for all his strengths, couldn't avoid getting laced by Dan henderson in close despite the fact he knew that the Dan would be hunting for the H bomb all night.

I just don't see Bisping winning this anywhere. He can't win on the mat, he can't win standing, and his normally great cardio looked much declined against GSP, so I don't see him winning on points. Gastelum's cardio is off the chain. I suspect he's much stronger and has youth on his side. I will consider it a huge upset if Bisping takes him out.

Up;;voted your post BTW. This is a ******** system that  needs an oiverhual,. If you're listening mods, you should have this site transition to a recommendation system. It's not a sub reddit.

* Edited at 11.15.2017, 6:42 PM ET *

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.16.2017 | 2:26 AM ET

@Imperator, KOing someone in most cases is more due to timing and precision, not necessarily generated power. 

GSP is athletically gifted enough to generate a LOT of power when he's doing it outside of the context of a fight, but during, he's an over-thinker and not the most fluid of strikers so you'll see it less and it won't necessarily result in KOs.

Also, his ultimate gameplan has always been to use his striking to setup the safer route to victory which is his takedown, so we don't really know what would happen if he used his "jabby" striking to set up power shots rather than takedowns. Fighting safe will almost always result in less KOs regardless of the amount of power you can generate. You'll see that throughout his career GSP has rarely thrown real power shots and when he does, he tends to miss.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: Bo Nickal has 'some work to do' before he's ready for top-10 fights
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : UFC 300: Robert Whittaker Reveals Key Factors That Led To Jamahal Hill’s KO Loss vs. Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Ilia Ultimatum: Defend ‘BMF’ Belt Or I Rematch Volks!
  • UFC.com : UFC Performance Institute In Mexico City Celebrates Inaugural Academy Combine