Topic: Bellator 183

Bellator 183: Pitbull vs Henderson Discussion Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.23.2017 | 1:12 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 92nd

After a fun night of fights from Japan, we go back stateside today to the old home of Strikeforce in San Jose, California for Bellator 183.  And the main card for this event is pretty stacked, which is a pleasant surprise from Bellator that they can hopefully continue as they bring in more and more new talent.

All the fighters weighed in and everyone made weight with no problems.

Prelims start at 7:00 PM on Spike.com, with the main card for Bellator starting at 8:00 PM on Spike TV.

Let's do this ****. 

* Edited at 09.23.2017, 1:15 PM ET *

"..."

Bellator 183
  • Saturday 09.23.2017 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV | Prelims: Spike.com
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
  • Venue: SAP Center
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Mauro Ranallo, Jimmy Smith
  • Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
  • Interviews: Jimmy Smith | Backstage: Jenn Brown
  • TV Ratings: 598,000 avg. viewers (847k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Patricky Pitbull   defeats   Benson Henderson   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Daley   defeats   Lorenz Larkin   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:40 Round 2 of 3, 7:40 Total Bout Page
Roy Nelson   defeats   Javy Ayala   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aaron Pico   defeats   Justin Linn   via KO/TKO, Punch   3:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Goiti Yamauchi   defeats   Adam Piccolotti   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:19 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tony Johnson   defeats   Mike Ortega   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:49 Round 2 of 3, 6:49 Total Bout Page
Kaytlin Neil   defeats   Brooke Mayo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brandon Laroco   defeats   Gaston BolaƱos   via Submission, Triangle Choke   2:16 Round 2 of 3, 7:16 Total Bout Page
Jaimee Nievera   defeats   Corina Herrera   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Fernando Gonzalez Trevino   defeats   Alex Lopez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ricardo Vasquez   defeats   Justin Tenedora   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
JJ Okanovich   defeats   Luis Jauregui   via Submission, Armbar   0:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Daniel Gonzalez   defeats   Anthony Castrejon   via KO/TKO   4:03 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 5

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

09.24.2017 | 1:05 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 377th

Bendo's style and history of keeping it really close, then getting the better end of questionable decisions has finally caught up with him. I thought he lost to Edgar (both times), Melendez, Thompson and Masvidal. 
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

09.24.2017 | 1:57 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 115th

@mbach4307 "I think at the very least it shows that there are fighters in bellator who can go with the elite in the ufc."

I don't think anyone can disagree with that.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.24.2017 | 3:10 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 92nd

@Kuma

The problem I find with Bellator is that, with the removal of tournaments, it is harder to build names for people to care about for fighters.  Like they have some impressive looking prospects, but who are they fighting?  Some random guy on the local scene that has a total 4 fights?  I mean seriously, there have been times Coker has shoved out people with sub 500 records to fight prospects he signed to make them look good.  I expect that from a regional promotion, but not the supposed #2 organization in the world. Having your big name prospects beating random regional guys or perennial jobbers like Fernando Gonzalez isn't something to write home about.

The reason why guys like Pat Curran, Michael Chandler, Patricio Friere, Ben Askren, and Douglas Lima became household names is because they beat three guys in a tourney that proved they are worth something; just like how Pride would do back in the days of old.  People don't think about it much now, but without those Pride tournaments would guys like Shogun, Wanderlei, Rampage, Gomi, Fedor, and so on would even register on our radars?  I'm not dismissive completely on Coker, because I think he has done some things right.  But the removal of tournaments have hurt Bellator badly, and they need to come back fast.  It's why I really hope Coker is considering a HW Grand Prix again to crown the new Bellator HW champ.

Edit: And keep in mind that I am saying this not because I hate Bellator.  I am saying this because I want them to succeed and not have to lower my expectations as a fan for their cards.

* Edited at 09.24.2017, 3:22 PM ET *

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.24.2017 | 4:08 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 175th

Daley vs MVP sounds good to me. Either that or Daley vs Koreshkov. 

Larkin vs Ward 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 17 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.25.2017 | 8:02 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 178th

Daley is right about how it is insane for almost anyone to strikes with him. Any good grappled could beat Daley.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Tyler Diamond vs. Otto Rodrigues - Round 3 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Otto Rodrigues 72% Tyler Diamond 28%
  • Otto Rodrigues (14-1-0) RN, BR is the #86th Pro Mens Featherweight in Brazil.
  • Tyler Diamond (12-3-0) CA, US.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois