Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Jones' B Sample Comes Back Positive...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,150  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

09.12.2017 | 10:09 PM ET

...To really no one's surprise, but not there is no doubt that he fought with a known steroid in his system.  This time around it's sounding like it's going to be hard to point to tainted supplements, considering that in a quote from Steroidal.com regarding Turinabol "Today there are no known pharmaceutical productions of this compound, and its production is limited to underground lab (UGL) manufacturers." 
Shame that such a world class talent turns out to be a cheat, but more shameful is the extent to which he openly lied about it.  
Where does he go from here?

Responses Page 2

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.13.2017 | 11:21 AM ET

You're a typical troll. Just like the other 2 fruitcakes. I expose your limited MMA knowledge so you go straight to dumb comments. 

huahahahah you're dumb hauaauahahah 

Hold this L 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.13.2017 | 11:21 AM ET

you must like sucking Conor **** since you mentioned it.......
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

09.13.2017 | 11:25 AM ET

Chill dawgs. 

jus' chill.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.13.2017 | 11:29 AM ET

I say something about these Polish wannabes pulling from fights like chicken **** cowards & 3 of the fruitiest cupcakes on Tapology have a tempter-tantrum. Too bad their not in our H2H game Skelliher. 

I'd expose them. 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.13.2017 | 11:35 AM ET

@MassaBruce

And who appointed you the arbiter of what is humor and what isn't on this forum?  BTW, I find it hilarious that you call me the fruitcake when you're the ****** who can't take the joke. You clearly take yourself way too seriously.  I mean for Christ sake you were bragging about your pick percentage in another thread when you had a spat with PilloryChoke.  Pick percentage.  You understand how dumb that makes you look here?  No one around here gives a flying **** about pick percentage and anyone who brags about it (like MMAMessiah did long long ago) gets rightfully mocked.  So to quote Sargent Hulka, I implore you to...

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.13.2017 | 11:37 AM ET

Actually its you 3 ***** ass ******s who think you're gods. I said something...you all threw a temper-tantrum. Nice youtube link ***** tits. 

Now hold this ******* L 
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

09.13.2017 | 11:40 AM ET

Warning - everyone is about to get put in the penalty box for a few hours unless this stops.

"I live, I die, I live again."

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

09.13.2017 | 11:43 AM ET

You know who is the real winner here? Jon Jones, he is looking like less and less of a tool as this thread goes on.
Gregory
Gregory

09.13.2017 | 11:49 AM ET

Alright, you were warned.  We let pretty much whatever go on this forum, but there are limits.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

09.13.2017 | 12:49 PM ET

Gregory bringing the thread to order...

Back on topic...

IMO, Jones has most certainly been on PEDs his whole career. After failing once you would believe that a fighter would clean up and not pull this **** again, but in Jon's mind he clearly needs it; he was unable to compete without something. You don't have that mentality unless you have been using your whole career. Furthermore, why would someone start using just as USADA is implemented? Leads to only one possible conclusion - he never stopped using.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.13.2017 | 4:29 PM ET

@Griffy

The problem is that we have no idea of knowing when Jones began because, up until recently, he had not shown any physical signs of steroid use.  Up until he began power lifting, Jones was rather lanky for his frame. And while he may have possibly acquired some PEDs from his brothers Chandler and Arthur (because the NFL is so rife with hushed steroid use), because of the relaxed standards of previous testing, we will never get a true idea of where he started.

What's worse is that now some of this heat will eventually come over to Jackson MMA, as Jones didn't become the elite champion until he switched from Team Bombsquad and Tristar to Jackson's. Now everyone at that camp also comes under speculation as to whether or not they also partake in taking steroids. Which is a shame because I doubt many of them do, but who truly knows.  I sincerely hope that Jones was an isolated incident, because if he isn't then this is a big black eye on the sport because it also brings speculation to guys like Evans, Holm, Kennedy, Kaufman, Mir, and GSP who, at one point or another, trained at the same gym as Jones.

"..."

Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

09.13.2017 | 11:06 PM ET

Everybody love everybody

"I am the real Nick Miller"

Gregory
Gregory

09.14.2017 | 8:01 AM ET

Did I not make myself clear to behave a little more respectfully?

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

09.14.2017 | 10:44 AM ET

@greenhornet
Except you know, he extremely low T levels which numerous experts said was direct sign of cycling, which makes us know, that he was at the very least using it prior to his first DC fight.  Meaning, he never fought DC clean.  SO either he was using it the entire time, or he used it against DC, because he did not believe he could win with out an edge. He also made massive strength gains, by the first DC fight that made little to no sense. Either way, the greatest LHW of all time is DC, no matter how you split it. Jon never fought him clean and we all know why.  

* Edited at 09.14.2017, 10:46 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.15.2017 | 7:37 AM ET

@Franklin, I doubt someone who achieved as much as Jones did suddenly started because he was afraid of one opponent, no matter who he is. Abnormally low T/E, Estrogen blockers, actual steroids, Chael telling the story about how he hid under the cage for an hour and a half when a USADA agent came around. Each one of them can be explained, **** pills, Chael lying, too much training, etc, but all of them together is the bread crumbs trail of a consistent cycler.

By he way, I'm 99% positive that the coaches know. It's no fluke that you see a lot of the known or highly suspected roiders in the same gyms (especially the Florida ones).

* Edited at 09.15.2017, 7:38 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.15.2017 | 8:02 AM ET

It's too bad that such a great career will foreverly be tarnished.  He was always fun to watch and root against.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.15.2017 | 2:39 PM ET

@franklin

Keep in mind that I am just playing devil's advocate here.

"..."

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

09.16.2017 | 3:23 PM ET

@GreenHornet, not sure why you got the DV's you brought up some good points. I would counter them with what Yoss said. 

Also, the stardom that was (or is, depending on who you ask) Jon Jones was huge, the biggest in the sport at one point, so I think it is unlikely that Jackson or JW are promoting the use of PEDs, knowing full well the repercussions. Jones has lots of people around him constantly, maybe it was someone else who pushed him towards using? Or maybe not? But, with no clear patterns of fighters caught doping emerging from Jackson or JW, I believe there is little reason to put those fighters under the microscope - even more than most are currently under.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.16.2017 | 4:05 PM ET

Truth is though, anyone could get a pass with a self perseverance claim. If someone was caught using, they could say, hey how am I expected to compete clean when my opponent is clearly using. And that argument could be made, pre-usada. So any of the great fighters who fought in pride or early ufc up until 2015 could make that claim and be believed. At least in my opinion. But to me, usada was a game changer.

Out of competition testing is where it's at. Now guys can reasonably assume that their opponents on the level. Which makes what Jones and Lesnar did the worst kind of snake move. I think Hunt's lawsuit has legs because using deductive reasoning, we can assume that the UFC knew Lesnar was going to fight at 200 earlier than was announced. Why then did they wait to announce it until 199? Wouldn't a longer build up give the UFC more of a chance to sell and get people excited. I think through back door channels, it was made known to those that count in the UFC that Lesnar was cycling and that he would be clean a month out. So they stalled the announcement. Obviously what the UFC didn't expect was Lesnar to need to keep his estrogen levels in check. So he got caught. Now the UFC has plausible deniability, but using deductive reasoning, one could certainly come to the conclusion that they knew. This is all my opinion and of course speculation.

"Where are my shoes?"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303