Topic: UFC Discussion

UFC match-making

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.12.2017 | 12:56 PM ET

Its been pretty silly lately. A lot of prospect killing. Signing dudes who are contractually-obligated by other orgs etc. Never really been a fan of Shelby. Mick Maynard should go back to the regional scene. First fighter from the Contender series to fight in the UFC got murked by Zabit. 

Dumbest match-ups currently set.

Tom D vs Cody Stamann. No need for either to have an L right now

Gregor G vs Jason Bumzalez. 2-0 vs 0-2....great fight.....

Jotko vs Hall....because Hall needs another L on his record apparently. 

Saki vs Frankwenstein Da Silva makes no sense. 

Cowboy vs Till? Brilliant lemme tell ya.....

and now some dude named Malaysia who is still under contract for other orgs GTFO 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 4 hours, and 17 minutes from now.

Responses

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.13.2017 | 7:43 AM ET

I like it when two top prospects fight though. And if a prospect comes through and wrecks an established contender, then boom. Now you have a new fresh contender. Cody vs almeida was one of my fav examples. Or holloway vs mcgregor. I think both the winners and lthers came out fine. It did confirm what i thought about almeida though. He gets cracked by a counter hook. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.13.2017 | 10:44 AM ET

Yea, sometimes they're needed & legit. Other times, like this time...it doesn't make any sense. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 4 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

09.13.2017 | 12:18 PM ET

Saki vs Da Silva makes sense. They are clearly hoping Saki can KO da Silva in setacular fashion. It will look better for Saki to beat or to lose to a 15 fight veteran than signing some total can. It's less obvious record building.

Gregor is 2-0 and Gonzalez is 1-1 if Gonzalez wins both would be 2-1 so it seems to make sense. Besides if Gregor gets another great performance you may be able to build a respectable star.

The Hall comtender train derailed a long time ago it is clear Hall with all his athleticism will never be the contender they hoped and at this point he is only there to test the level of other prospects like Jotko. I'm a little surprised they keep Hall on the roster at this point.

Tom D v Cody S sure you guarantee one a loss which they will recover from if they are true contenders but one is also guaranteed a win which will propel his career quicker. Everytime a fighter steps in the cage they risk losing MMA is a sport where no win is guaranteed.

I like Cowboy vs Till it will test where Till truly is. Prospects have to fight established contenders eventually.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.13.2017 | 10:33 PM ET

Da Silva is 0-3 in his last 3 fights, all by stoppage. How does that make sense exactly? 

Hall train been over for years. But does that mean he needs what 3-4 losses in a row!? How does that make sense exactly? 

Tom D could fight anybody & it would propel his career forward....putting him against another prospect right now is asinine & pathetic. Plain as day. 

We truly know where Till is...which is a draw vs Dalby. 

I don't like Gregor in the slightest. So i'm biased in the fact that I think he's a bum. 
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

09.14.2017 | 2:29 AM ET

Saki is 0-1 in his entire MMA career. Da Silva is disposable. The hope is he gets KOed again and then is cut and Saki gets his first MMA win in country he has a following. This is one of the easiest matchups the UFC can give Saki without blatantly signing a guy who has no business in the UFC.

Why does it matter if Hall gets another loss? He is lucky to be in the UFC at all. That being said his last three losses were to High level guys and Jotko is a step down from his last three opponents. If Hall manages to beat Jotko you can still sell him as a respectable gatekeeper if he loses cut him.

What are you afraid Tom is going to lose? Both guys are 1-0 in the UFC How is it a bad matchup? What difference does it make if it's Stamann?

Gregor will have his day where he is really tested he is in a deep division so the slow path is expected. If you hate him though and he loses to Gonzalez it will look even worse and his career will have a harder time recovering. No matter how big an underdog someonw is in a sport as dynamic as MMA there is always a chance.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

09.16.2017 | 9:53 AM ET

Gregory is a world class athlete and wrestler. He is definitely not a bum.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.16.2017 | 11:24 AM ET

He's definitely not a world-class athlete. There's a million Gregors in Russia. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’