Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

DW & DJ

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mitch7
Mitch7
  • Predictions:  78,740  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 37

09.09.2017 | 4:45 PM ET

I cannot help thinking there is more to DJ's cancelled fight than meets the eye.It is known that DW wanted a fight between DJ & Dillashaw,a so called superfight to generate more cash with higher numbers etc.I think with DJ standing his ground and insisting on a genuine contender really confused White as a fight with more cash was being turned down in favor of doing the right thing and giving a flyweight contender the chance to win the flyweight belt.Everybody saw the he wants Borg,he's got Borg statement.In truth I think he never did,I think what we have is a little bit of kiddie 101 psychology going on.'Look DJ you wanted Borg and now what have you got nothing,next time listen to me and we'll make some proper money,forget about the record title defences that dose'nt pay you're bills DJ,cash & numbers what we need DJ just cash & numbers'.I think it does matter and can't understand why DJ cannot get his next flyweight fight out of the way and then clean out the Dillashaw's of this world.Kudos CHAMP.

Responses

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

09.10.2017 | 1:20 AM ET

...Borg's pulled out late before & missed weight before. Doubt UFC would cancel a title fight last minute to potentially lose money, especially with Dillashaw already rebooked.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.10.2017 | 2:02 AM ET

No conspiracy.  Borgs just as unreliable as it gets. Why dj wants to rebook this is beyond me. Like i said earlier, if dj wants to fight a prospect before hes ready, ask for the pettis fight. Borg has failed too many times for this to be anything other than his standard

"Where are my shoes?"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video