Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

DW & DJ

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mitch7
Mitch7
  • Predictions:  78,740  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 37

09.09.2017 | 4:45 PM ET

I cannot help thinking there is more to DJ's cancelled fight than meets the eye.It is known that DW wanted a fight between DJ & Dillashaw,a so called superfight to generate more cash with higher numbers etc.I think with DJ standing his ground and insisting on a genuine contender really confused White as a fight with more cash was being turned down in favor of doing the right thing and giving a flyweight contender the chance to win the flyweight belt.Everybody saw the he wants Borg,he's got Borg statement.In truth I think he never did,I think what we have is a little bit of kiddie 101 psychology going on.'Look DJ you wanted Borg and now what have you got nothing,next time listen to me and we'll make some proper money,forget about the record title defences that dose'nt pay you're bills DJ,cash & numbers what we need DJ just cash & numbers'.I think it does matter and can't understand why DJ cannot get his next flyweight fight out of the way and then clean out the Dillashaw's of this world.Kudos CHAMP.

Responses

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

09.10.2017 | 1:20 AM ET

...Borg's pulled out late before & missed weight before. Doubt UFC would cancel a title fight last minute to potentially lose money, especially with Dillashaw already rebooked.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.10.2017 | 2:02 AM ET

No conspiracy.  Borgs just as unreliable as it gets. Why dj wants to rebook this is beyond me. Like i said earlier, if dj wants to fight a prospect before hes ready, ask for the pettis fight. Borg has failed too many times for this to be anything other than his standard

"Where are my shoes?"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner