Topic: Conor McGregor

Whats next for conor mcgregor?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

laytonknuckles17
laytonknuckles17
  • Predictions:  1,320  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 10

08.27.2017 | 8:35 PM ET

So the "money fight" is over! Conor Mcgregor did well but came up short against the legend Floyd maywheather. Well what's next? Lightweight title defense? Will the winner of Lee Vs Ferguson take him on? What about a featherweight return? Welterweight title run? Trilogy with Nathan Diaz? Another boxing fight? What do you think and why?
"The Notorious" Conor McGregor

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Conor Anthony McGregor
  • Pro MMA Record: 22-6-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Notorious
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: July 10, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 156.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: SBG Ireland
  • Height: 5'9" (175cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $41,854,000 USD
  • Born: Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland
  • Fighting out of: Dublin, Ireland
  • Head Coach: John Kavanagh
  • Other Coaches: Owen Roddy
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

08.27.2017 | 8:45 PM ET

The winner of Ferguson vs Lee would be my preference. I don't want to see him at 145 or boxing again.

The Diaz trilogy would be fun. I'd only want to see that if the lightweight interim champ can't fight because of injury or something though. 

For all of McGregor's accomplishments, he has not yet defended any title. I hope that is his next priority. 

* Edited at 08.27.2017, 8:46 PM ET *

laytonknuckles17
laytonknuckles17

08.27.2017 | 9:05 PM ET

I agree man he's got to defend the belt. I'd like to see him stay focused on a weight.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.27.2017 | 10:55 PM ET

Like to see him against Khabib or Ferguson.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

laytonknuckles17
laytonknuckles17

08.27.2017 | 11:57 PM ET

Same here. I think he smash Kevin Lee but struggle with those two guys.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

08.28.2017 | 2:35 AM ET

I'd like to see him defend the belt. Against anyone not named Khabib. **** Khabib's approach to this. Dude never fights, he declines fights when healthy, and then when the guy he was supposed to fight gets another fight; he asks to fight Conor. No. Khabib needs to get active and ******* do something. Ferguson/Lee winner vs. Conor is what I want. I also want the Diaz III fight to happen sometime very soon as well. 

He needs to stay away from 145, and he needs to hopefully stay away from boxing. He may be able to excel to a certain degree in boxing. But he fought Floyd Mayweather in his debut. If he does anything else after that, it's never gonna be anywhere as big. His boxing career has already peaked. 

* Edited at 08.28.2017, 5:09 AM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.28.2017 | 4:59 AM ET

I agree ... with injuries, that missed weight cut issue and Ramadan, Khabib has basically been unavailable (or cancelled fights) for 80% of the year on average throughout his UFC career, then when he's finally available to fight (at least until he gets injured again) he's suddenly calling ppl chicken and pushing aggressively for the only date he can fit into his busy injuries/Ramadan schedule.
Yeah, he's most likely the #1 155er on the planet ... but dude, make it to the cage a bit more often, we've already got a champ that doesn't defend belts, last thing we need is for Khabib to get the belt and go full Cain Velasquez.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.28.2017 | 7:59 AM ET

Khabib should fight at 155.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS