Topic: Bisping vs. St-Pierre

Bisping vs. St. Pierre

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,406  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,428
  • Post Score: 60

07.30.2017 | 11:18 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Bisping vs. St. Pierre. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,478  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.08.2017 | 5:13 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong Decision  

"waterr iz wet, fiure burn an am gonna beat Migel Beezpeeng"

LOL!! GSP just won his first pre-fight **** talk ever. Bisping firing 100 words per minute in the presser got demolished by one GSP line. 

Well played Georges, well played.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

10.08.2017 | 10:02 AM ET

Does anyone else have this weird feeling that gsp won't make this walk? 

Plus i have a hard time seeing any outcome other than bisping by ko/tko. If chael, rashad, & matt hammil had a hard time keeping bisping down, how will Georges do it?

If gsp does win, that would be one of the most incredible things to ever happen in the octagon. His level of competition plus the 2 belts and length of dominance, then coming back after 4 years and winning a belt at a higher division would be right there with George foreman winning the hw title. 

"Where are my shoes?"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,042  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,188
  • Post Score: 191

10.08.2017 | 2:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Decision  

Kenedy take Bisping down many time without problems. The same Kenedy who got taked down himself by Gastelum. Gastelum who himself as a hard time wresling with Magny... He may not keep him down but if he secure 20 takedown in 5 round I think that will be enought

but I agree with you, I got the feeling that GSP wont make it to the fight!

"Never go down without a fight"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

10.08.2017 | 2:27 PM ET

How is the same Tim Kennedy who took Bisping down the same Kennedy that got taken by Gastelum? Kennedy fought Bisping during one of the best runs of his career. The same run where he was almost on his way to beat Yoel Romero. Then he took two years off, his heart was no longer in it, and his foot was halfway out the door. 

Hardly the same Kennedy. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  39,985  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

10.08.2017 | 4:50 PM ET

I agree MLT,not to mention Kennedy is or was often around 230 lbs according to him.
fratman
fratman
  • Predictions:  1  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

10.09.2017 | 9:30 PM ET

i just want to win money
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.14.2017 | 1:57 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I enjoyed that press conference though. GSP seemed not only annoyed as he has been against mouthy opponents like diaz and hardy, but he seemed uncomfortable to me. That attitude, and him saying that he will retire if he loses makes me think that his heart is not in it. He thinks Bisping got lucky in becoming champion, and he's not wrong, but he thinks he will be an easy fight, and I don't think Georges is really prepared for this. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

10.14.2017 | 3:39 AM ET

Did you see the back stage video. GSP and Bisping get into it with a little verbal tiraid.

* Edited at 10.14.2017, 3:42 AM ET *

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

10.14.2017 | 9:06 AM ET

Since its TMZ, it was probably staged.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Katzengott
Katzengott
  • Predictions:  724  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  184
  • Post Score: 32

10.16.2017 | 8:03 AM ET

Tough call - skill-wise I would say GSP got this, but I have no idea what 4 years off did to him. I am quite sure he cannot bully Bisping and cruise to a boring decision, so my pick is The Count.
golfy77
golfy77
  • Predictions:  1,488  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 155

10.20.2017 | 9:43 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

**** this fight. Bisping is gonna retire without fighting any MIDDLEWEIGHT top contender.
Spudgreg
Spudgreg
  • Predictions:  2,453  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,728
  • Post Score: 189

10.25.2017 | 4:51 PM ET

Here was me thinking he’s been fighting those for a decade 
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

10.25.2017 | 6:31 PM ET

Its hard to not pick GSP in this one but that long layoff may make me change my mind.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

MrKeego
MrKeego
  • Predictions:  60  |  48.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 50

10.30.2017 | 8:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Bisping Size and Cardio will be the difference IMO
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,888  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,372
  • Post Score: 39

10.30.2017 | 7:49 PM ET

chaos. really though, bisping has been dragged around by inferior grapplers like chael and tim and georges has always had underrated striking.
LoCo
LoCo
  • Predictions:  810  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 200

11.01.2017 | 6:51 AM ET

Honestly think GSP can decision *****ping!!!

"U only live once, So make the most of it."

yossgold
yossgold

11.01.2017 | 10:19 AM ET

I've been flipping back and forth on this fight like a madman ... GSP has the athleticism and timing to take Bisping down all day ... then again, Bisping has fought some great wrestlers and has always managed to make himself super hard to keep down, how's that going affect GSP who's way smaller having to consistently grapple and try and hold down a bigger man who's VERY hard to keep down. If he gets tired before round 4 Bisping will eat him up.

And on the flip side you have the mystery of what GSP we're getting. Is it a new invigorated one who actually has new tools in his arsenal or is it a rusty GSP who doesn't know how much older he is (because you never know until you step in the cage) and will find out what Machida, Anderson Silva and many others have been finding out after long breaks north of 35 years old. Maybe now that GSP doesn't have to protect his streak he'll allow himself to be the GSP of old that opens up a bit more and doesn't just try and wear his opponents down and make them quit mentally in the safest way possible.

I wasn't too excited about this fight when it was announced, but I have to say, take belts, rankings and the fact that Bisping has yet to meet a legitimate contender away and I'm legitimately intrigued and sort of pumped. Way more than I expected to be, that's for sure.

Maybe it's just the whole card being such a fun one, TJ/Cody being a ******* crazy fight, Joanna always gets me pumped and GSP's return that's already put me in a pumped state, but now that it's happening, I really like this fight.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

11.01.2017 | 10:31 AM ET

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  39,985  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

11.01.2017 | 11:25 AM ET

Unfortunately I think Bisping wins this one,it's the only pick that makes sense to me.I'm a huge GSP fan,maybe my favorite of all time but stylistically,size,time off etc just doesn't go well for GSP.I think Bisping out works him and the game itself has maybe passed GSP by a bit.I'm wrong all the time,just like all of us and I hope GSP beats his ass but I don't think that's gonna happen,I think GSP looks bad but even if he looks good he's got all kinds of problems stylistically.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.03.2017 | 12:47 AM ET

Fun fact, Sonnen has trained and competed with both and has called GSP not only faster but stronger than Bisping. But yeah, the layoff matters and should be considered, however I believe Chael when he says GSP has the advantage overall, wrestling Hendricks down is really impressive and probably harder to take down than Bisping has ever been. The only problem I have is that 3 year layoff, without that layoff I'd pick GSP by UD with ease like I have in the past.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 4 months, 1 week, 1 day, 9 hours, and 36 minutes from now.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headlining UFC Saudi Arabia
  • Bad Left Hook : Cuadras out, Moloney vs Guevara set for May 12
  • Bad Left Hook : Carlos Cuadras out, Andrew Moloney vs Pedro Guevara set for May 12
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL LIVE now
  • MMA Junkie : Despite failed booking, Vicente Luque thinks he'll eventually fight Ian Machado Garry
  • MMAFighting.com : Georges St-Pierre explains advantages he’d have in Khabib Nurmagomedov matchup: ‘I would have beat him’
  • Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Her ‘Scary’ Ordeal With Pneumonia After UFC 299
  • MMA Junkie : Jamall Emmers: Nate Landwehr being 'the opposite of me' will make for exciting UFC on ESPN 54 fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Renato Moicano fires back at Paddy Pimblett callout: ‘He’s a free paycheck’
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Back ‘Borz’ To Beat ‘Reaper’
  • MMA Junkie : John Dodson laments UFC pushing him to 135, thinks he'd knock out Alexandre Pantoja 'right now'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev For No. 1 Contender To Headline UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : John Kavanagh questions Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul: ‘I don’t think someone approaching 60 needs to be fighting’
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Tszyu vs Fundora, Romero vs Cruz, and MUCH more!
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC North American West Coast Trials 2024 Full Preview