Topic: RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2017 1st Round

RIZIN World Grand Prix 2017 1st Round Discussion Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

07.30.2017 | 1:15 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 21st with 4 others

After a fun night of fights from Anaheim, we are just in time to start the Fight Rock Festival that is RIZIN! Live from the Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan, we begin RIZIN's yearly tournament series.  This time, with TWO tournaments.  One Women's Atomweight and Men's Bantamweight. 

Fight card is on now on FITE.TV's app.

If you want to hang out with any of the other guys from Tap while watching this, join us in the IRC here.

RIZIN NEVER DIE!

"..."

RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2017 1st Round
  • Sunday 07.30.2017 at 01:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Internet Stream
  • Name: RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2017 1st Round
  • Also Known As: RIZIN 2017 in Saitama
  • Promotion: RIZIN Fighting Federation
  • Tapology Accounts: RIZINFF
  • Ownership: Nobuyuki Sakakibara
  • Venue: Saitama Super Arena
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • Attendance: 17,730
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Kyoji Horiguchi   defeats   Hideo Tokoro   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   1:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Amir Aliakbari   defeats   Tyler King   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:39 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Gabrielle Garcia   vs.   Oksana Gagloeva   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Eye Poke   0:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Reina Miura   defeats   Lei’D Tapa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
(Custom Rules)   Tenshin Nasukawa  defeats  Kizaemon Saiga via KO/TKO, Left Cross Punch   1:36 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Yusuke Yachi   defeats   Satoru Kitaoka   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:48 Round 2 of 2, 14:48 Total Bout Page
Miyuu Yamamoto   defeats   Cassie Robb   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Takafumi Otsuka   defeats   Anthony Birchak   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khalid Taha   defeats   Keita Ishibashi   via KO/TKO, Knee and Punches   4:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Shinju Nozawa-Auclair   defeats   Sheena Brandenburg   via Submission, Armbar   1:50 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Karl Albrektsson   defeats   Teodoras Aukštuolis   via Submission, Head and Arm Choke   8:01 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page

Responses Page 2

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.30.2017 | 10:46 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 28th with 9 others

What happened in the Gabi fight?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.30.2017 | 10:47 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 28th with 9 others

I mean who got eye poked 

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483

07.30.2017 | 1:18 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 87th

Gagloeva got poked about 15 seconds into the fight. 

It was a **** show. Though a clear poke, Gagloeva was able to fight. She coulda just taken some time. But instead, she fought with Japanese officials in Russian and was just looking for a way out. Tired of these Gabi Garcia vs. Bum ****show fights. These are awesome cards and she is always the lowpoint. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483

07.30.2017 | 1:20 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 87th

Other than that, was honestly a really great card. Can't wait til October. Even Lei'D Tapa. 0-1, now 0-2, but she looked legitimately good last night despite losing. Not a boring fight in the bunch.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.30.2017 | 2:52 PM ET

Trying to bring back the good ole days of Pride.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’