Topic: Maiquel Falcão

trouble in big rig land

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

12.03.2010 | 8:22 AM ET

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/12/3/1853160/ufc-newcomer-maiquel-falcao-arrested-today-in-brazil

Diario Popular brings word that Chute Boxe prospect Maiquel Falcão, who recently debuted at UFC 123 with a victory over Gerald Harris, was arrested today in Pelotas, South of Brazil by local police.

Maiquel was caught after giving an interview to Grupo Brasil de Comunicação. According to witnesses, there was no resistance. The police fulfilled a Judicial Order related to corporal assault.

More details on this developing story as they become available.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Maiquel "Big Rig" Falcão

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Maiquel Jose Falcão Goncalves
  • Pro MMA Record: 40-20-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Big Rig
  • Ending Streak: 5 Losses
  • Date of Birth: 1981.03.08 | Died: 2022.01.23
  • Last Fight: October 16, 2021 in SBC
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 202.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 5'10" (179cm) | Reach: 69.0" (175cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $31,000 USD
  • Born: Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
  • Fought out of: Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

12.03.2010 | 8:31 AM ET

sounds like it was from something he did earlier that they had a warrant for. so hopefully it is dealt with and big rig gets his act together and can build his mma career.  better career move then sitting in a brazilian prison.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Penitence
Penitence
  • Predictions:  205  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  29
  • Post Score: 117

12.03.2010 | 11:06 AM ET

what is corporal assault?

"I'd love to change the world / But I don't know what to do / So I'll leave it up to you."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

12.03.2010 | 3:52 PM ET

It is weird it's an 8 year old charge that he was already convicted for. He actually served a sentence for it and spent 24 months under house arrest. He moved 8 months into his sentence which his lawyers said would be OK but now 7 years later it has become an issue. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

12.03.2010 | 4:32 PM ET

that is strange...

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

12.03.2010 | 6:26 PM ET

Falcao should drop to 170.  Need a good cops n robbers fight with Paulo Thiago.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return
  • MMA Mania : UFC Trumps Boxing, Named MVP Of Combat Sports
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Weighs in on Herb Dean Controversy at UFC 300, Would ‘Love’ His Next Fight to Be Against Sean Strickland
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302's Sean Strickland on Paulo Costa: 'I'm going to make that dirty Brazilian bleed'
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell moves to 175, Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo
  • Bad Left Hook : David Morrell Jr moves to 175, Edgar Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul responds to Ronda Rousey criticism: ‘I don’t think she’s a hater’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I see it being an early night’: Haney doesn’t expect Garcia to last the distance
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal proud to see fans bring Miami heat on Nate Diaz: 'He definitely felt it'
  • Middle Easy : Frustrated Ketlen Vieira Believes She is More ‘Deserving’ of a UFC Title Fight Than Kayla Harrison
  • MMA Mania : Chandler Reveals Plans For McGregor’s ‘Hurt Leg’
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter eats head kick after failing to exploit grounded fighter rule
  • MMA Junkie : Kyoji Horiguchi, Sergio Pettis to rematch at Rizin 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season