Topic: DW's Contender Series 2017

Contender Series: Week 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  29,351  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  22,464
  • Post Score: 202

07.18.2017 | 3:55 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 237th

Another solid card tonight!! Some tough fights to predict. I think in terms of quality they may someone be even better than last weeks. (Probably just jinxed it now, tho.)

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

DW's Contender Series 2017
Bout   Info
Dan Spohn   defeats   Angel DeAnda   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Alfred Khashakyan   via KO/TKO, Punch   4:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Thanh Le   defeats   Lazar Stojadinovic   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   1:35 Round 2 of 3, 6:35 Total Bout Page
Sidney Outlaw   defeats   Michael Cora   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Casey Kenney   defeats   Cee Jay Hamilton   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  69,850  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  8,435
  • Post Score: 65

07.19.2017 | 7:07 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 201st

Great fights.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

07.19.2017 | 3:33 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 62nd

Yeah Great fights I was really impressed with O'Malley and Le. Hope Le gets another shot.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,238  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  871
  • Post Score: 188

07.21.2017 | 7:59 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 225th

I mean, I get they want the guys to go out and perform. It just sort of kills it for me that all the winners don't get contracts. Spohn and Zulu both got good finishes in their fights, and are both in divisions that need depth. So why not sign them?

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

07.21.2017 | 9:49 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 62nd

Spohn was getting his ass kicked. De Anda just got a bit overzealous with his strikes which allowed Spohn to get ref assistance to recover. Good comeback but I wasn't convinced he would be a good addition to the UFC. As for Zulu nothing in particular impressed me about his fight other than his opponent tried out for TUF at 185 lbs. and looked like a fat MW rather than a HW.

I would hate it if UFC handed a contract to every winner. After the Outlaw fight I wasn't itchin' to see him again. Same goes for Spohn and Kenney. I don't know how long this show will run for but it would be good to give guys multiple chances to prove themselves as a marketable prospect.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Iconic boxing referee Mills Lane dies at 85
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 289 pre-event facts: Will Liz Carmouche stay unbeaten in Bellator?
  • MMA Junkie : Knockout artists Sabah Homasi, Brennan Ward set to fight at Bellator 290
  • UFC.com : Updates to UFC 282
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier posts gruesome photo of staph infection that has him in the hospital
  • UFC.com : Public Events Schedule | UFC 282: Błachowicz vs Ankalaev
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor fires back at Joe Rogan over accusations of PED use
  • MMA Junkie : Prospect Yazmin Jauregui in no rush to enter UFC rankings, wants to prioritize growth
  • MMAFighting.com : Joe Rogan: Conor McGregor ‘looks like his piss would melt that USADA cup’; McGregor responds
  • MMA Junkie : Edmen Shahbazyan before UFC 282: Changes made, ready to 'put on a performance of my life'
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: UFC’s response to betting scandal, reaction to T.J. Dillashaw’s retirement
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC 282: Blachowicz vs Ankalaev
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Aljamain Sterling opens up as slight favorite over Henry Cejudo for potential fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Anything But Fighting: Jon Anik talks lifelong love of Boston sports
  • UFC.com : Coach Conversation | UFC 282: Blachowicz vs Ankalaev
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Dustin Poirier better than Conor McGregor, 'full of sh*t' if he says he wouldn't do fourth fight
  • MMA Weekly : Tracy Cortez speaks on ‘private matter’ which saw her withdraw from UFC Orlando
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 282: Make your predictions for Jan Blachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev (Updated)
  • MMAFighting.com : Joe Rogan: Conor McGregor ‘looks like his piss would melt that USADA cup’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 282 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Joe Rogan on call for final PPV of 2022