Topic: Bellator Discussion

People who bought a UFC PPV THIS year...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

03.24.2017 | 11:37 AM ET

What reason would you have to not buy the Bellator PPV in june? It's the best PPV card on paper THIS year besides 211. I see all these comments like "only if it's $10" or "only if it's $30". If you paid $60 for a UFC PPV so far this year, i don't see why you wouldn't be willing to for this card outside of the "down with Bellator" agenda, ufc fans have.

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

Responses

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.24.2017 | 1:25 PM ET

The UFC PPVs have been pretty lackluster this year but that doesn't mean I will shell out money for a Bellator PPV. One reason I won't buy it is because because 3 of the 4 fighters in the main and co-main will be 40 years old and are light years past their prime. Another is Chael's pathetic performance against Tito in his last fight. It kind of pisses me off Bellator forces their champs to take a back seat to over the hill UFC fighters. I like Michael Chandler but have no idea who Brent Primus is or why he's fighting for the belt. The only fight so far I really care about is Larkin vs Lima and even then Larkin's inconsistencie gives me pause as he can be amazing but sometimes fails to pull the trigger.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

03.24.2017 | 1:55 PM ET

@j383

Mark hunt is 43 with a .500 record coming off two devestating losses. Bet youre pretty pumped for hunt vs lewis. Hunts way past his prime at this point too. And to be fair anybody would have tapped to that sub. Titos strong as hell. It was a quick fight. He went for a sub didnt work out and got caught. And your criticisum of Larkin can literally be said about every single fighter out there. Primus deserves the shot. 7-0 ranked in the Bellator LW division. And has the win over Anderson who has beaten patricky twice. Has trained with cowboy in the past. Chandler was a unknown when he smashed Eddie the first time. With only one more win than Primus on his record.

* Edited at 03.24.2017, 1:57 PM ET *

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.24.2017 | 4:19 PM ET

Not necessarily pumped for Lewis vs Hunt and I recognize Hunt is fading and his chin isn't near what it use to be. Lewis vs Hunt however is free and it is set up to build Lewis because Hunt has a name. Wand vs Chael would be like Hunt vs Big Nog headlining a PPV.

As for Primus he very well may be deserving I just don't know who he is other than what his record says. I've probably seen him fight I just don't remember him.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

03.24.2017 | 4:57 PM ET

looking at m'I personal ranking, I got 3 guys ont this bellator card in the top 15 of their own division and no one in the top 5!

Every single PPV in the UFC are more stack in tallent then that!

"Never go down without a fight"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.24.2017 | 5:24 PM ET

Will the Bellator PPV by 50 bucks?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

03.24.2017 | 10:10 PM ET

This card has a lot of notable names, but rankings wise this card is 2.5/5.

I"ll have to see the full card lineup before making a choice
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.24.2017 | 11:37 PM ET

@bigj

Well, considering how many people don't have a clue to who most of the Bellator roster is (despite the fact they have monthly fight cards on a decent sized cable network), they don't really have a choice with regards to who they can put at the top of the card unfortunately.  Honestly, the only champions that can arguably draw for Bellator are Phil Davis and maybe Michael Chandler, and even then that is a bit of a struggle. 

As far as 3 of the 4 main eventers being in their 40s to bring in buys, last I checked the UFC not to long ago had CM Punk on the main card of a PPV for the same reason.  At least Bellator is using actual MMA fighters with name value that can arguably put on a somewhat competitive and legitimate fight that people will want to see, as opposed to pushing a Dada 5000 fighting in a freakshow bout against some random guy off the street as the main event

* Edited at 03.25.2017, 2:13 AM ET *

"..."

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

03.25.2017 | 8:53 AM ET

I hope they put Macdonald on this card
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.25.2017 | 8:21 PM ET

^
I do.too.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings