Topic: Bisping vs. St-Pierre

Bisping vs. St. Pierre

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,523
  • Post Score: 60

03.03.2017 | 6:28 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Bisping vs. St. Pierre. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.03.2017 | 6:28 PM ET

Prediction: St-Pierre  |  Decision

Expected for International Fight Week in July. Surreal seeing it.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

03.03.2017 | 6:54 PM ET

When I first saw this was put together, I was like...

"Yoel Romero! Jacare! Injustice!"

...but I'm over it. Despite contenders getting put on hold, I can't help but be very excited for this. 

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

03.03.2017 | 6:56 PM ET

Prediction: Bisping  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

There is something about GSP. He's in that rare club. Jones, Fedor, Aldo, & Anderson. It makes it impossible not to watch. Still think GSP is getting slept though.

"Where are my shoes?"

AnAlias
AnAlias

03.03.2017 | 7:15 PM ET

mbach4307
mbach4307

03.03.2017 | 7:18 PM ET

Bisping was so drunk for this. It was great.

"Where are my shoes?"

AnAlias
AnAlias

03.03.2017 | 7:38 PM ET

offtiltboogie
offtiltboogie
  • Predictions:  446  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 22

03.03.2017 | 10:14 PM ET

I think this is WME "scrambling" to sell PPV, which is counter-productive to anyone involved... Honestly, I would watch Bisping vs Romero & would LOVE to see Bisping vs Jacare, but these rich white men running the show believe the only money making PPV is with GSP...

Don't get me wrong, I love GSP but he hasn't fought since 2013, so why does he deserve a title fight now?? The only reason I can see is ratings, because the other guys don't speak English too well... The same thing will happen with the women's Bantamweight division, I bet they won't give Shevchenko a match straight away but instead give someone like Pennington a shot because the language barrier will be too big and they won't think that will sell (like hell it wouldn't, I'd love to see Nunes vs Shevchenko)!!!

"I'm a master of drunken kung fu - emphasis on DRUNK!!!"

AnAlias
AnAlias

03.03.2017 | 10:23 PM ET

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.03.2017 | 10:26 PM ET

I dont think them being white has anything to do with it.  Also there not wrong.  I mean GSP will out sell every single  person you mention by a boat load.  Comparing whats happening with GSP to the woman weight division is just not a legit argument.  GSP is in a special circumstance as he quite likely the greatest ever, and  he also is one of the greatest sellers ever. The fact he getting special treatment, really should not surprise anyone. To pretend this sets the standard for others going forward, is just not accurate. I think you are completely missing the mark by trying to make this a race/language barrier thing. 

* Edited at 03.03.2017, 10:29 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

skelliher
skelliher

03.03.2017 | 10:29 PM ET

The trash talk was actually pretty fun

skelliher
skelliher

03.03.2017 | 10:39 PM ET

He always says the right things, but at 36 ... Idk. He took more strikes in his last 3 fights than in his entire career combined before that. We shall see.

yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  2,597  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  517
  • Post Score: 140

03.03.2017 | 10:41 PM ET

I just want Bisping to lose so that top guys can fight for the title.

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

offtiltboogie
offtiltboogie
  • Predictions:  446  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 22

03.03.2017 | 10:50 PM ET

I was actually going to delete the "white" part from it and leave it as rich men, but I'm typing this from my Xbox One and forgot (it's not as easy as typing on a keyboard), but this is actually a very racial thing (i'm white btw, so don't think I'm trying to take that angle)... GSP maybe the GOAT, but he is not the number 1 contender, he's not even in the top 10 because he's a Welterweight fighting in the Middleweight division, this is a really bad move for the UFC!!! Don't be surprised if you see the likes of Romero & Souza switching to Bellator because they aren't getting the fights they deserve in the UFC, WME is an entertainment representative brand, not a fight brand, they will run the UFC into the ground in the next few years unless they change their ways, the fans are already starting to see it and will tune out soon...

"I'm a master of drunken kung fu - emphasis on DRUNK!!!"

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

03.03.2017 | 11:13 PM ET

Romero and Souza are both closing in on 40 which is the perfect age for Bellator.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.04.2017 | 3:09 AM ET

LOL that video, he is so despicable, talking **** to George when you ducked Yoel.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 5 days, 11 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307

03.04.2017 | 8:29 AM ET

This may sound messed up, but despite Bisping's attitude and lack of sobriety, there was a lot of sincerity in what he was saying. Even if some of it isn't true, he believed what he was saying. I personally loved it. It has zero bearing on the fight, but it was entertaining.

"Where are my shoes?"

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

03.04.2017 | 9:50 AM ET

I never disliked Bisping personality wise besides spitting on Jorge Rivera who I have met before,that was very distasteful and childish.I know 90% of his ******** was building a fight (ok maybe 70% building 30% *******) and I never minded that,but he's ******* lost it man,I can't listen to this guy for a minute anymore.I used to find him a little amusing,but since he's had the belt he's been unbearable.

I also think this is a bad fight for GSP,he should have had some semi warm up fight.Who knows how he's going to look in there.Bisping has very good tdd/ability to get up and I honestly think GSP will have cardio issues trying to muscle around a much bigger fighter,and if he wants td's consistently,he's going to have to work really hard to get them imo.

People talk about Bisping getting taken down 5 times by Tim Kennedy.Tim is a phenomenal grappler,has great wrestling,walks around at 228 (almost 40 lbs more than GSP) and that was a 25 minute fight.Anyone that wrestles knows what a 40lb difference feels like it's taaaaxing.I also hear people say "Tim Kennedy" the same guy that just got smashed by a WW in Gastelum.Well,I think it was obvious Tim wasn't in great shape,he wasn't the same fighter in that fight as he was vs Bisping and Kelvin is a fricken MW,that's why he misses 171 half the time.

GSP doesn't really match up well with any of the top MW's.He has no business there imo.Bisping is probably the easiest of the elite for GSP at MW and it's still a bad fight for him imo.Sick of these fights that make no sense (not like I won't be psyched to watch it lol) and sick of the interim belts everywhere.Negative effects on the legitimacy for sure,all these guys getting title fights in classes they don't even fight in?***?Then the new breed of fans are like brah,of course it makes sense it'll do big PPV #'s.

I can see it now,if GSP wins,they will set up a GSP vs the WW champ and **** both divisions all up.If he wins both,of course he can keep and defend both titles pfft.Then after a year of holding up the MW division without defending GSP vacates the MW belt cause it's just too much to defend both belts (aka he doesn't want those beasts but happy to hold on to the belt as long as he can).They set up a new MW title fight for six months later,one guy gets injured and we are left without a champion for two years because they had to have A big ppv. I would have rather seen GSP at 155 than 185.

I don't know who i'm going to pick,but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if GSP doesn't look sharp,gets tired,and ultimately beat up.I hope not,GSP is in my top 5 favorite of all time,but I don't have the confidence many have.Stylistically I don't like the fight for him.At least Bisping doesn't have heavy hands.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

03.04.2017 | 11:29 AM ET

This is possibly the dumbest matchmaking in UFC history at least until WME announces something dumber tomorrow. Like, I get it, GSP's a draw, but give him the WW title shot if that's the case. At least there only Maia is getting screwed(and they're making him fight again anyway) while this is zero sense. And if GSP wins they'll probably do GSP-Silva for the title because $$$

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

03.04.2017 | 3:17 PM ET

Looks like no one (no real MMA follower) is happy with this fight who promote the "ducking way" 

But I'm pretty sure all those guys I know who's not knowing more then 10 name in UFC will all came and talk me abouth this fight in the next few weeak...

This is ****tt

"Never go down without a fight"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

03.04.2017 | 3:56 PM ET

I just watch the conference. Happy for George that the fight is not with word cause Bisping just expose him!

"Never go down without a fight"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Says He Is Likely To Earn ‘$30-50 Million’ From Devin Haney Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘My son got down on you’: Bill Haney and Floyd Mayweather get into heated argument online
  • MMAFighting.com : Ilia Topuria on Sean O’Malley superfight: ‘If he defends the belt, that’s going to be the biggest fight in UFC history’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 pre-event facts: Karine Silva looks to continue historic octagon start
  • Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Parking Lot Incident With ‘Crazy Lady’, Says She Texted Dana White About Possibly Going To Jail
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry targets fights with Jake Paul and 'fat b*tch' Darren Till if successful at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • Jits Magazine : Star-Studded Lineup Confirmed For UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler criticizes Arman Tsarukyan turning down UFC 302 title fight, Tsrukyan unloads back
  • MMA Mania : UFC 304 Official For July 27 In Manchester
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 commentary team, broadcast plans set: New trio calls action from cageside for first time
  • MMAFighting.com : The 2024 MMA Draft: Which 35 fighters are the best building blocks for MMA promotions?
  • MMA Mania : Gaethje Didn’t Realize ‘How Much Danger I Was In’ Against Holloway
  • MMA Junkie : UFC returns to Manchester for UFC 304 on July 27
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Mania : Barber Was Ready To ‘Lay This Lady Out’ In Viral Video
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King