Topic: Top Light Heavies - 205 lbs.

Someone said i was being unreasonable about rankings. Light Heavyweight Rankings.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

09.01.2011 | 12:22 AM ET

I have a little (more than a little)superstition. i can't put a guy ahead of someone i picked to win in an upcoming fight. plus i cant put somebody in the top ten that fights my guy in a future UFC event that will take place soon(ufc 135). rampage is the only one missing here. Plus one more thing. nearly everybody was saying before the merge that WEC guys could not compete with UFC fighters. we know that is false with cerrone, henderson, stann and sonnen to name a few who have done well. I say the same thing about some of the top strikeforce fighters and even some Bellator fighters can be in a top ten. When pat curran knocked out marlon sandro he was at #8 in the world by the mainstream media a few days later. it can happen and should happen. nobody knows until these guys fight each other.

* Edited at 09.01.2011, 12:27 AM ET *

Responses Page 2

fglop
fglop
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,061
  • Post Score: 150

09.01.2011 | 6:02 PM ET

Forrest is definitely still a top ten lhw. Who should be put above him? Theres Hendo, Jones, Rashad, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, and MAYBE Phil Davis. I don't see how a win over Matt Hamill can put someone at 7 or 8 in the rankings. Plus before Rio, Forrest just beat Rich Franklin who's better than anyone Gustaffson has beaten.
skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

09.01.2011 | 6:25 PM ET

I havent updated but im still gonna have Forrest in the top 10

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

09.01.2011 | 6:31 PM ET

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

09.01.2011 | 6:44 PM ET

Just updated mine.  Only a couple top-10 changes.  Forrest barely stays in top 10, Davis slides up to #9. 

Random predictions for the division:
- Mo Lawal to beat Roger Gracie and be relevant in the UFC within a year or so
- Dan Henderson to be back in the UFC at some point, and also relevant
- Rampage loses to Jon Jones and things go downhill from there
- Machida is fighting for the title soon
- Phil Davis has a setback before getting a title shot

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

09.01.2011 | 7:28 PM ET

Rankings are always about what you have done not what you will do. Nobody knows what will happen, we can guess but we always know what has happened and that's what you should base your rankings on. I often pick fighters who I don't have ranked over fighters I do. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

09.01.2011 | 8:39 PM ET

@Wolf.. your rankings are just "different". :)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case