Topic: UFC Fight Night 102

ufc fight night 102 aftermath: whats next for derrick lewis

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

laytonknuckles17
laytonknuckles17
  • Predictions:  1,320  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 10

12.09.2016 | 11:30 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 913th

Tonight Derrick Lewis gave us the performance of his career. Now the discussion is who is next for this courageous and brute heavyweight?Here are some possible suggestions. 

1.Travis Browne: once prospected as a future heavyweight champion, Travis Browne poses a threat for any man of size but his career is currently in the midst of a downward spiral. Losing two in a row and 4 of his last 5 with 2 coming by first round KO. Browne vs Lewis is about between two men who need to make a statement. Lewis to prove he is the future and Browne to prove that the belt still lies in his future.

2. Shawn Jordan: This bout would be a rematch of a fight that ended in devastating fashion. Jordan hook kicked Lewis in the face for a KO. This is the last time Lewis has faced a loss. Shawn Jordan has gone 1-1 since this fight. Lewis has gone 5-0 since then. It would be great grudge match and it would be an incredibly early chance for Derrick Lewis to re write the most devastating fight of his career.

3. Ruslan Magamedov: unbeaten in the UFC this man would be great challenge for Lewis and Lewis would be good challenge for him. The story of this fight would be, the winner of this fight would be the next big thing in the heavyweight division. Plain and simple.

4. Mark hunt: Mark hunt is one of those guys that has fought the whose who of the current heavyweight division. It's almost like everybody who fights Mark hunt and beats him has there career skyrocketed afterwards (werdum, miocic). But those that lose to hunt (struve,Bigfoot, mir) your career seems to go to pot. This could be a risky fight for Lewis but a huge win over hunt will forever mark the division. (No pun intended)

5. Junior did Santos: After tearing through the best of the best in the heavyweight within one murderous winning streak , did Santos has slowed down. But making statement in his dominant 5 round victory over Ben Roth well. He has proved he still has it. A fight with Lewis would most likely be one of the biggest fox main events of the year due to Derrick Lewis's win tonight and do Santos having a win over the last 3 undisputed heavyweight champs.

Did I miss anybody. Suggest who you think Lewis should face next!!
UFC Fight Night 102
  • Friday 12.09.2016 at 05:45 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass
  • Name: UFC Fight Night 102: Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Albany
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Times Union Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Brian Stann
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $411,000
  • Attendance: 6,216
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Derrick Lewis   defeats   Shamil Abdurakhimov   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:42 Round 4 of 5, 18:42 Total Bout Page
Francis NGannou   defeats   Anthony Hamilton   via Submission, Kimura   1:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Corey Anderson   defeats   Sean O'Connell   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:36 Round 2 of 3, 7:36 Total Bout Page
Gian Villante   defeats   Saparbeg Safarov   via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows   2:54 Round 2 of 3, 7:54 Total Bout Page
Justine Kish   defeats   Ashley Yoder   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Randy Brown   defeats   Brian Camozzi   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:25 Round 2 of 3, 6:25 Total Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Joe Gigliotti   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   4:12 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Andrew Sanchez   defeats   Trevor Smith   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shane Burgos   defeats   Tiago Trator   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marc Diakiese   defeats   Frankie Perez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ryan Janes   defeats   Keith Berish   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Juliana Lima   defeats   JJ Aldrich   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

12.09.2016 | 11:47 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 710 Points   |   Tied for 174th

Browne is on a losing streak, so I don't like the match up.

Jordan is in the wsof.

Magomedov Is a solid pick, both guys are on good win streaks.

Hunt lost his last fight and he's still disgruntled over the Brock roid thing, so no.

JDS is another good option.

I would actually like to see black beast vs war master Barnett 
Gramz
Gramz
  • Predictions:  7,369  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 232

12.09.2016 | 11:55 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 445th

I'd like to see him fight Hunt next.

"My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud." - Henry Rollins

laytonknuckles17
laytonknuckles17
  • Predictions:  1,320  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 10

12.10.2016 | 12:11 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 913th

Barnett is another good choice.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

12.10.2016 | 8:51 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 785 Points   |   Tied for 14th with 6 others

What about ngaonnu? That would most certainly be fireworks. 

"Where are my shoes?"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

12.10.2016 | 9:01 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 141st

Any of those 5 will beat Lewis, I like all of this matc-up

* Edited at 12.10.2016, 9:01 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.12.2016 | 8:02 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 543rd

1.Travis Browne - Losing streak

2. Shawn Jordan - WSOF

3. Ruslan Magamedov - Flagged by USADA

4. Mark hunt - Dispute with the UFC

5. Junior dos Santos - Why not

Conclusion: The heavyweight division is ****

* Edited at 12.12.2016, 10:57 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje