Topic: Johnson vs. Elliott

Johnson vs. Elliott

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,574  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,523
  • Post Score: 60

11.30.2016 | 11:33 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Johnson vs. Elliott. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.02.2016 | 2:23 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I agree with the opinion that Jones' resume is better. With respect to MM and to you guys who think he's #1 P4P and has a better resume than JBJ, I'm sorry but it's just not an opinion with any merit imo. P4P discussions aside, because in general P4P is tedious, subjective and ultimately pointless since we don't have a P4P machine to put them in to see who's actually the best. 

The biggest thing you have to ask yourself when it comes to who's resume is better is this, and maybe it's a flippant statement but...How many legends has MM beaten? The answer is none, and he's supposed to beat these guys. Jones has beaten legends of the sport who actually people actually know and have prestige to their name with good reason. Where as MM dominates the midget division where nobody outside of hardcore's know who they are.

When it comes right down to it, LHW is a staple of MMA royalty and holds prestige, where as the flyweight division and title is new and isn't as well liked. Also, there's one legend amongst a short list of contenders. Jon Jones isn't even active but I still consider him the best on the planet, **** P4P, and sorry, hate him or love him but he is.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 5 days, 14 hours, and 11 minutes from now.
staviesteelo
staviesteelo
  • Predictions:  1,904  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 131

12.02.2016 | 11:09 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Mighty Mouse is gonna beat redneck Cruz so quick.

"Deez fedderweights don't understand..."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

12.02.2016 | 11:41 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   correct Decision  

I don't think there are many fighters Elliott compares to less than Cruz.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney
  • Predictions:  520  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 23

12.02.2016 | 3:51 PM ET

pffft. if anyone who thumbs downed my comment would just post their betting slip and how much they placed on Elliott...

oh wait that's right you'd have to actually think he has a chance to win and this won't be a one round exhibition. Joke of a title fight. MM by KO in the first

Give me MM vs Garbrandt

"Gitsum"

nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney

12.02.2016 | 7:46 PM ET

keep em coming ya powder puffs. Much better than explaining why Tim has any chance of not getting turned off.

Can he hit like Dodson or wrestle like cejudo? No? so where exactly does he have even a remote chance?

Don't worry you can passive aggressively disagree with a thumb instead of admitting the truth.

edit. oh I see, some of you think the p4p greatest will have an issue dealing with a 1 inch reach advantage. Hilarious.

* Edited at 12.02.2016, 7:49 PM ET *

"Gitsum"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

12.02.2016 | 8:09 PM ET

garbrandt fights at 135 not 125

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.02.2016 | 11:49 PM ET

Elliott by flying amishplata, you heard it here first.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

12.03.2016 | 12:04 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Elliott   wrong Decision  

@Yoss

An Amishplata eh?  Does that involve submitting an opponent by using your beard?

* Edited at 12.03.2016, 12:17 AM ET *

"..."

nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney

12.03.2016 | 12:41 AM ET

hey lopati, are you really going to be so dumb as to pretend people don't hop weightclasses?

there is no-one left for MM at 125. this fight makes that so, SO obvious. Do we just cycle bums between Dodson rematches or do we admit he's transcended the division?

+1 yoss xD

"Gitsum"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.03.2016 | 5:59 PM ET

All of the haters and nay sayers should go listen to mouse on JRE  or learn his bio.  Then you will pay respect and admiration in abundance and not say **** but look in mirror 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Lopati
Lopati

12.03.2016 | 6:08 PM ET

Why would DJ go to BW and fight anyone, but Cruz?  I am sure avenging that loss to the BW Champ is more intriguing to him than a fight with GarBrandt.  If he were to weight class hop.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney

12.03.2016 | 6:45 PM ET

unless garbrandt beats cruz. I want MM v No Love because styles make fights. MM and cruz would end in a controversial split decision coin flip.

No Loves aggro and MM pure technicianship would make for the most visually appealling fight of year pretty easily

"Gitsum"

Lopati
Lopati

12.03.2016 | 7:41 PM ET

DELETE DELETE DELETE

nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney

12.04.2016 | 2:20 AM ET

Great fight. Was not expected. Still want MM to move up and possibly come back later after the division has built up a little. Becoming the 2nd ever to hold 2 belts would help move his stock up and maybe get his title fights off TUF finales

"Gitsum"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.04.2016 | 10:07 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

If he did go up to 135 and won the belt, then he would deserve all the credit in the world but I doubt he would get it.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

12.04.2016 | 1:04 PM ET

In that 3rd and 4th round,, what was that ?

If any of you all have this fight recorded last night can you explain to me what that was that happend  around 3:40 of both rounds 3 and 4?  I am just looking for some input from what you all think without adding too much into it. When MM applies the rear naked chokes and then just gives them up and transitions into another hold... I will just leave it at that? Kind of happens twice , once in each round,,,, 

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney

12.04.2016 | 2:57 PM ET

I think that was due to Tim's weird ass (yet effective) habit of escaping by laying his back flat on the mat instead of rolling and turtling. Gives up any top position but you can't "have" his back if it's on the ground.

didn't rewatch just what I remember seeing last night

"Gitsum"

ReeseNem
ReeseNem
  • Predictions:  175  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: -50

12.05.2016 | 1:45 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Mighty Mouse won't lose at 125. 

"We aint really with that talkin we bout dat action"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.05.2016 | 6:37 AM ET

Do you think Elliott no longer sporting the amish look is because he's on his Rumspringa or has he abandonded his hat and cart?

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.05.2016 | 11:55 AM ET

After TUF ( great series for fights not so much the "let me bang" stuff, they all were actually mature and cool guys by in large - no antics etc ) and that main event , I will take a bullet for Tim Elliot if he so wish ( put Tim higher on the pedestal of praise and admiration 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss