Topic: Regulation, USADA, & PEDs

Gastelums suspension and VERY misleading headlines

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

11.22.2016 | 10:36 AM ET

Before people go all hog nuts over this recent news... 

"The UFC is looking at booking Gastelum against Tim Kennedy at UFC 206 on Dec. 10 in Toronto, Gastelum's team told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani. That prospective fight would take place at middleweight, up from the 170 pounds that Gastelum was supposed to fight at versus Cerrone earlier this month. Gastelum's team told Helwani that he'll be back to 170 after the one fight at 185."...... 

He is simply suspended from fighting in New York...

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

Responses

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

11.22.2016 | 11:22 AM ET

That's the case with every suspension. The state AC only has the jurisdiction to suspend fighters in their own state. However other state AC's ALWAYS follow other states' suspension and will not license fighters that are under a current suspension.

As far as international goes, the UFC respects and upholds those suspensions overseas and internationally too, because they don't want to lose their promoters license in that state.

Plus, I believe, Cerrone is fighting Matt Brown on that card at welterweight.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

11.22.2016 | 11:36 AM ET

Right..but I still think its noteworthy becaue in many cases all you see are these headlines that don't adress the REAL situation... and many people just take it and run ya know... I have seen it this morning on various MMA pages I follow countless times... its crazy!

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

11.22.2016 | 6:04 PM ET

They're not wrong.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

11.23.2016 | 4:34 AM ET

I personnaly really can't understand all those weight issues. These guys are supposed to be professionals and are fighting in the biggest mma organization. How can you not make weight ? I mean you know you are fighting months ago, you have plenty of time to schedule and adjust your preparation and your cut. How can you repeatedly fail a weigh-in. We are not at school here, you have a contract and you have the opportunity to take part of one of the biggest card in the UFC history, and you manage to not be ready?

"In real life", if you repeatedly failed to your professional obligations, your boss will fire you, it should be the same here. Some guys train for years to have the chance to finally fight one day for the UFC and other guys have this chance and miss most of their weigh-in. How fair is that ? 

Get the F**k out Kevin "Fat pig" Gatselum

* Edited at 11.23.2016, 4:35 AM ET *

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.23.2016 | 6:08 AM ET

Kelvin really needs to resolve this problem. It may ruin his career.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

11.23.2016 | 10:15 AM ET

just fight at 185...

"Never go down without a fight"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.23.2016 | 1:18 PM ET

He's too small for the top guys at 185. He's got a welterweight frame, he just leaves too much to cut last minute. I've seen him look huge in embedded vids on fight week.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

11.23.2016 | 1:25 PM ET

He should really just discipline himself and make 155, actually.

If you follow him on instagram you'll see post photos of what he's eating two weeks out of fight with the caption of "real mexican diner." Of course it's a photo of a huge portion enchilada plate.

I met Gastelum at UFC 184 in the BadBoy skybox at the Staples Center, of course there was a huge catered buffet in the box, and Gastelum was having a grand time. I think he was eating the entire time throughout the main card. It wouldn't surprise me if he has a carb/food a addiction. It was like the town drunk given access to an open bar. It kind of irritated me, to tell you the truth, because this was right after the UFC 183 weight debacle. I felt like giving him a little snarky response about his mass consumption, but I thought better of it because I knew he didn't have a fight coming up and he was there to have a good time.   

But it's not just Gastelum. There are photos of Charles Oliveira eating a big mac the day before weigh-ins.  

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.24.2016 | 8:29 AM ET

So it seems he is an overeater.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Gaethje Didn’t Realize ‘How Much Danger I Was In’ Against Holloway
  • MMA Junkie : UFC returns to Manchester for UFC 304 on July 27
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Mania : Barber Was Ready To ‘Lay This Lady Out’ In Viral Video
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia