Tapology Forums

Joanna's next opponent and there mentioning Calderwood over Andrade?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

11.13.2016 | 2:24 AM ET

Was watching Fox after fight and all of them start talking about "whats next after a break for Joanna"..and they all started in with mentioning Calderwood... am I missing something? Didnt Calderwood just get destroyed by Andrade (whom they fail to mention)  who was coming off a complete beat down of Penne who was ranked #6th at the time...in ANdrades FIRST fight at that weight?

What am I missing? Clearly we all want to see this rematch from tonight , dont get me wrong... it was a very entertaining fight... But if ANYONE deserves a shot outside of this... how could you even remotely pick Calderwood over Andrade... I dont mind that Andrade in fact does fight her way to the title shot... a good year in the division "earning it" would be a good thing... But when  they start skipping over her with fighters she basically picked up and gorilla slammed and beat the breaks off...I start having a problem ... 

Anyone know of a good reason why they would do this?

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

Responses

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,103  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,250
  • Post Score: 190

11.13.2016 | 2:52 PM ET

Andrade got beat by penington, carmouche, maia... 

There no one to fight Johana, Calderwood sell more tickek...

Only things I know is that who ever Johana face next, it will not be a main event!

"Never go down without a fight"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.13.2016 | 5:02 PM ET

Brilliant broken english rant from Hyrm again...ugh
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.14.2016 | 3:12 AM ET

@StreamFan, I wouldn't worry, I don't see any chance Andrade isn't next ... unless PvZ beats the breaks off Karate Hottie and they somehow spin it that she's ready on account of that.

I think the only girl that could possibly leapfrog Andrade would be Cortney Casey - but she has to beat Gadelha for that to happen (by the way, if that hgappens I'd actually give her a fair chance against the queen because Cortney's got the size to no be overwhelmed by Joanna and give her some serious questions to answer, but all that's only IF she can get over Claudia).

The way I see it, Andrade is next, then the winner of PvZ vs. Waterson or the winner of Thug Rose's next fight. And Joanna has more or less cleaned the division out so after that it's rematches time.

Girls who are a couple of solid wins away from getting "into the mix": Suarez, Moroz, JoJo, Lima

The thing about this division is that barring 3-4 fighters I literally fear for the health of anyone else in there with Joanna. For instance if PvZ somehow finds herself in a title fight withing the next year or so I'll be praying to gay Jesus she gets finished fast.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

11.14.2016 | 3:26 AM ET

I like Calderwood but she's a choke artist and should be a long, looonnnggg way away from a title shot. Actually it seems like she should really be at 125, she looked much better against Letourneau than she has in any of her other UFC fights.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

11.14.2016 | 3:39 AM ET

@yossgold: you forgot yo mention Grasso. She's young and new to the org, but she has the potential to be the olive skin PVZ.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

11.14.2016 | 4:54 AM ET

@yossgold  "Cortney Casey - but she has to beat Gadelha for that to happen". You think she will be able to take the win?
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.14.2016 | 6:15 AM ET

@AlexSpan, I wouldn't be completely shocked if it happened. Gadelha is very reliant on getting her way grappling and I'm pretty sure she will ... BUT ... Casey is big, athletic and I can see her maybe stopping Gadelha for long enough to push her to the end of her gas tank. I don't think Casey will gas out within 15 minutes and she has all the tools. The safe bet would be to pick Gadelha of course, but I've been playing around with picking Casey I just need to rewatch her fights a bit more closely before I make my final decision.

@unbeknownst, dayum! You're right, how the hell did I forget her?!?!

@Pillory, I don't think JoJo's a choke artist, I think she's just not as good people initially pegged her to be and has very specific flaws. She's a killer once she gets in her rhythm but you can't deny how slow she his, footwork is lacking, very susceptible to submissions. I don't think you can call a girls who's basically beaten all the girls she was supposed to beat a choke artist. The only girls she's lost to (including on TUF) were either better than her (Andrade, Rose) or at her level (Moroz). I think her speed (or lack thereof) will always be in her way in this sport unless she can find a way to cover up for it.

* Edited at 11.14.2016, 6:21 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

11.14.2016 | 6:37 AM ET

Thanks, I must agree with you on this point --> espiecially the height (but Claudia is also a hell of a beast athletically) and her striking is good enough to exchange on her feets for a while before switching the fight to the ground. It's not like if she can only rely on her ground game.

Very curious to see the result of this fight (hope Claudia take the win)

BTW, none of you guys want to see Claudia against KK?? This fight would be awesome to watch (really curious to see how KK would handle this in comparaison with JJ). It makes so much sense to me  (KK and Claudia have both only be defeated by JJ so let's do this)

* Edited at 11.14.2016, 6:39 AM ET *

Hyrm
Hyrm

11.15.2016 | 11:35 AM ET

@mikeyg

English is not my first language... I try to join the discussion and participate in this forum the best I can...

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

11.15.2016 | 2:16 PM ET

@Hyrm Just curious, buddy, what is your first language? French would be my guess based on your location. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

Hyrm
Hyrm

11.15.2016 | 2:26 PM ET

you got it, Its french!

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

11.15.2016 | 4:59 PM ET

They're*****

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

maccca3232
maccca3232
  • Predictions:  123  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 107

11.15.2016 | 8:15 PM ET

JJ's next opponent should be Andrade without a doubt. Having said that she has only had 2 fights at 115.

I would let JJ take a break and give Andrade 1 more fight to validate her as No.1 contender. Don't care who. JAG or Torres is fine. Given Claudia has a fight, Rose probably shouldn't take the fight and Carla definately won't take the fight.

On Carla, she has declined to cll outs from JAG, Andrade and KK. The last 2 have now 'jumped' her. She has to take a legit fight if she wants to remain relevant / become relevant again.

There are a few fighters at 115 I am interested in seeing whether they can progress to title contention.
  • Grasso - obviously
  • Suarez - be interesting to compare how she performs vs Lima (who lost to Esparza last up)
  • Pereira - undefeated fighter with tough UFC debut vs Letourneau
  • Dern - will probably be in UFC before end of next year

I like Calderwood but after the loss to Andrade she needs to win a couple of fights to be in title discussion.

PVZ is fun fighter but is years away.

I am not a fan of Moroz at all and don't consider her a top prospect even though she has a win over Calderwood.

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

11.15.2016 | 8:52 PM ET

@macca3232

Thats EXACTLY what I want too...is Joanna to rest and get Andrade one more fight..I would love to see her fight Rose maybe and just put that chapter to rest holly bejeezus...

@Hyrm what your failing to point out is all them fights she lost were at 135... she lost to Pennington after taking the fight on 2 weeks notice..and if you seen that fight she was a "chunk" in there... she's 5'2" for gods sakes... she was part of the first 2 women in a UFC fight..and helped develope that 135 division as best as could.. She is IN the right division now which makes a world of a difference.. Her striking is absolutely vicious... and yes I compare it to JJ's... there just attack is different... Andrade works the body much much more , that combined with GORILLA strength... I cant help but think sooo many people are "sleeping on her rise"... this is basically Chris Cyborg at 115 pounds. and honestly I think she would do JUST as good at 125's... so far I do think Calderwood would be a premier 125'er... it fits her.. But JJ isnt going to allow anyone that belt without going through her so again I think JJ gets the belt and Andrade comes and takes it away from her there.. The ones to worry about in a 125 division truly are going to be the 135'ers who drop... It could finally give us ONE solid womens division finally..

I may be speaking way too soon..I realize this.. but how could you NOT pit JJ against Andrade.. put KK against Claudia...and eventually we will have this all sorted out...

And Grasso..is one bad little chick... her future looks equally as bright... she just needs more exposure is all.... she is really good.. So is Moroz.... and that other up n coming Mexican fighter... 

Thanks guys!

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’