Topic: Fantasy & Games

Tapology Fantasy MMA (BETA)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

11.12.2016 | 2:48 PM ET

Hey everyone -

A new fantasy MMA platform just became available on the site.  We're pretty excited about its potential but right now it's still an early beta version.  There are a lot of features that aren't yet released, and aspects of the design that are not final.

That said, give it a roll!  As long as you are logged in you can get there at:
http://www.tapology.com/fantasy

You'll also see a section on the right side of the page that highlights your currently active games and has some shortcut links.

If you have feedback we definitely want it, please drop it into the "Contact Tapology" box on the lower right side of the page.  Or feel free to discuss it here and ask any questions.

Enjoy!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 2

TC86
TC86
  • Predictions:  18,444  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

12.19.2016 | 3:50 PM ET

Hey guys,

Been looking over the fantasy game and just have a quick question... I created a game for a few buddies and myself for UFC 207 and we're just wondering if we can wager points against each other in this  game or is it strictly for bragging rights? I just can't seem to find any rules or anything on it.

Thanks in advance ☺

"200+ Pounds Of Muscle Steel And Sex Appeal....I Float Like A Butterfly,Sting Like A Bee, There's Nobody As Beautiful And Powerful As Me! "

Gregory
Gregory

12.19.2016 | 11:40 PM ET

Nothing like that exists at the moment, but a lot of new features for the fantasy game system still are yet to come in the near future.  Just in beta mode right now!

TC86
TC86
  • Predictions:  18,444  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

12.20.2016 | 12:03 AM ET

Awesome thank you for letting me know! Merry Christmas!

"200+ Pounds Of Muscle Steel And Sex Appeal....I Float Like A Butterfly,Sting Like A Bee, There's Nobody As Beautiful And Powerful As Me! "

deathsquid
deathsquid
  • Predictions:  2,299  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: 243

12.21.2016 | 10:09 AM ET

Can someone please explain this to me? I'm a little confused. Is this a league in which you go head to head with an opponent per event, or is it like you pick a fighter type fantasy and get points based off that fighter? Please clarify. Is this separate from the other tapology profile?

"Wow, thats the craziest thing I've ever seen in a thousand fights.. That's a movie. If that was in a movie you would say 'shut up that can't happen in real life'". - Joe Rogan after Mike Russow KO over Todd Duffee

Gregory
Gregory

01.25.2017 | 10:39 PM ET

Private leagues now available

http://www.tapology.com/fantasy/new

Just select "private" when setting up your game.  And then you can send invites to Tapology users, or send invites to outside email addresses, and everything will just work.

If you invite a friend via email address and they create a Tapology profile using that email address, they'll automatically see the pending challenge once they are logged in.

You can also hand out an invite link, instead of sending out specific invitations.

Also in-game discussion is now available too.  There's a discussion board inside of each game.

Still in a preliminary beta! More features coming soon!

Gregory
Gregory

03.04.2017 | 1:17 PM ET

NEW - Win and Wager Fantasy Chips

The fantasy games now have fantasy chips you can wager and win (like poker chips).

Everyone starts with zero chips.  You can see how many you have in the right column of the website in the fantasy box that shows you your quick stats.

To win fantasy chips there will always be free-to-enter Tapology games available with small payouts. You can begin joining those games right now.  On the Fantasy games main page you can easily see which games have prize chips and which do not.   And you can also see the entry fee (which is 0 for the free games, of course).

Once you accumulate fantasy chips you can start or join higher stakes games for increasingly large prize pools.  If you are the commish creating the game, you can specify the entry fee amount and how the pool of entry fees should be allocated. Meaning, you can give everything to 1st place, or some to 2nd place, or whatever.

Enjoy!  Lots more fantasy features to come.

We're still just in "beta" mode and the fantasy features are not visible on the website unless you are logged in to your tapology account.

* Edited at 03.04.2017, 1:22 PM ET *

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

03.05.2017 | 10:17 AM ET

One feature I would like to see added is something where you can see which events you need to pick without having to manually click through all of your games. Once you're entered in 5 or more it gets a little tedious clicking through each one just to see if theres an event that needs to be picked that week and maybe you overlook one in the process. Plus theres always those pesky fights that get added at the last minute.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

Gregory
Gregory

03.05.2017 | 1:06 PM ET

@boredoms makes sense!!

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’