Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

McGregor is like a little baby!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

whaynes
whaynes
  • Predictions:  28,330  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: -147

11.11.2016 | 12:16 PM ET

I've expressed my opinions about some of the MMA's best fighters and how they show themselves, and I've gotten various responses, mostly negative, but that's OK! Everyone has a right to their own opinion! That being said, I just saw a clip of a news conference with Alvarez and McGregor. Can anybody act worse than McGregor? Yes, it was disrespectful of Alvarez to throw his chair down NEAR McGregor, but it was only near him, not on him!! Then he comes up with ". . . it all stinks without me!" How egotistical can you get. I've said before that fighters like Jones and McGregor are great fighters!! I've never tried to take that away from them! But they act like little children who don't get their way!! And like the rules (another subject recently mentioned by McGregor!) don't apply to them because of it!! I was told something about events being PG or R rated. Do you think that really matters? Is that the only place that kids could see them?? Hell, I could be a kid and lie about my age and be writing this RIGHT NOW!!!!! And how about the news? My point is that they are really NOT acting like role models, but your kids are treating them as such!! I love watching the fights. I have ever since I WAS a kid!! I watched the Clay/Liston fight (before he was Ali!)!! But if I had kids, I don't know how much access they'd have to the net!! I really don't think I'd want my kids seein' how these little babies act and let them use that as how they can act in the world!! It's messed up enough as it is without addin' this behavior into the mix!! I'll not mention any names (truth be told, I can't remember them 'cause I deemed the unimportant!!), but most of the NAY sayers acted exactly like I describe: little children!! Great examples to kids!! Is it any wonder young people act as they do with people here acting like "gangstas?!?"

* Edited at 11.11.2016, 12:18 PM ET *

"I speak my mind because I have one!!"

Responses

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

11.11.2016 | 2:55 PM ET

I´ve never tought that athletes, entertainers and such should be role models, I dont agree when society in general  demads them to behave as role models, is not their job, if kids look up to them thats fine, but its the parents job to explain to their kids no to do everything they see others doing, its the parents job to educate them.
I doint have kids, but I dont think I would mind them watching the weigh ins yesterday, I would have pointed to the screen and tell them you should never act like that, its not ethical, its not professional and it will make you a morron.

it would be my job to teach them, **** me as a parent if I want an un prepared (in education) stranger  to educate them in life. if some one is going to ruin their life (I would try not to) it s gonna be my wife and I not some stranger on TV.

having said, that, Conor is a brat, I  cant tell if yesterday scuff was real or staged but he is a morron and a brat, no doubt about that.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

whaynes
whaynes
  • Predictions:  28,330  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: -147

03.18.2017 | 12:08 PM ET

If Mayweather baits him long enough will McGregor box?

I've been watching the back and forth between Mayweather and McGregor. Conor cools off a bit, "Money" fans the flames, Dana White says it will not happen, Joe Rogan says how Conor could beat him, "Money" throws gas on the coals, now Conor is back with 'I'm going to shock the whole goddamn world'. Irish just can't stand bein' taunted. "Money" saw this right off and has been using it seemingly to perfection!!! So, what does anybody think? Will this fight happen or not??

"I speak my mind because I have one!!"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.18.2017 | 12:35 PM ET

All part of the UFC becoming more like WWE. If thos does happen and is successful, i see plenty of other gimmicls like it.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!