Topic: UFC 134

Bouts To Make After UFC 134

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

08.28.2011 | 11:05 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 29th with 28 others

Anderson Silva once again continued to make history and solidify himself as the #1 p4p fighter in MMA by defeating the man who was the last fighter to have a win over him. Silva remains undefeated in the UFC with a record 14 straight wins, and 9 title defenses. Yushin Okami gave it everything that he had, but like what Anderson Silva has done with the majority of his opponents in the UFC, Okami couldn't get past the 2nd round, and Silva made Okami look like he was completely out of Silva's league.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua also avenged his loss to Forrest Griffin, and proved that he has bounced back from the TKO loss to current UFC LHW kingpin Jon "Bones" Jones.

Overall, it was a pretty good night in Rio for the majority of the Brazilian fighters fighting for their home crowd. With all that said, I think that this should be the matches to make for the fighters who fought at UFC 134.

Anderson Silva - He has nothing left to prove at 185. He has basically beaten everybody that there is to beat. The only matches that come to mind at 185 is either match-ups with the winner of Chael Sonnen/Brian Stann or the winner of Bisping/Mayhem. The only other fight that I can see happening is the superfight that we all want to see. GSP vs. Anderson Silva to prove once and for all, who truly is the best p4p fighter in all of MMA.

Yushin Okami - Okami still has some fights in him, and he still does have a win over Anderson Silva. Yes it was by DQ, but if he could get some good wins under his belt, he might find himself back in title contention. A few fights that come to mind, are the winner of Leben/Munoz, Vitor Belfort, or the winner or loser of Bisping/Mayhem.

Shogun - The obvious would be rubber match with Lyoto Machida to see who gets next crack at the UFC LHW Championship after Rashad faces the winner of Jones/Rampage, or a fight with Phil Davis to see if Shogun can deal with a good wrestler.

Forrest Griffin - A rubber match with Tito Ortiz, a fight with Matt Hamill, Ryan Bader, or Phil Davis.

Edson Barboza - Let's see what this kid is truly made of. Let's put him in there with Sean Sherk, Evan Dunham, Melvin Guillard, Donald Cerrone, Ben Henderson, or Anthony Pettis.

Ross Pearson - He needs a win, but we also need to see if he's got what it takes to stay in the UFC. Sam Stout, Spencer Fischer, or Jeremy Stephens comes to mind.

Big Nog - A rematch with Frank Mir or a match with Roy Nelson. Either one makes good sense to me.

Brenden Schaub - Cheick Kongo, Pat Barry, Matt Mittrione, or Travis Browne seem to be pretty good picks to see if he's able to remain in the UFC and hang.

Stanislav Nedkov - Rich Franklin, Matt Hamill, Stefan Bonnar, Thiago Silva, or Minotoro would all be good match-ups to see what this guy is truly made of.

Luis Cane - I'm not sure. I think he might get cut after his loss to Nedkov, but if he remains in the UFC maybe a fight with Matt Hamill, Ryan Bader, or Rich Franklin.

Thiago Tavares - He's starting to make his way back into the LW ranks, I say put him in there with someone who will truly test his overall improvement. Ross Pearson wouldn't be a bad match-up. A few others that come to mind are Donald Cerrone, Ben Henderson, or Anthony Pettis.

Rousimar Plahares - He's starting to come make his way back into the MW ranks. Chris Leben, the loser of Mayhem/Bisping, Demian Maia, or Vitor Belfort would make for some good fights.

Dan Miller - If he doesn't get cut, I'd say put him in against Alan Belcher, CB Dolloway, Ed Herman, or someone that he might be able to get a win against. Depends on how bad the UFC wants to keep him or get rid of him.

The first 5 fights, I say put the winners in against any of UFC 134's loser's that are in their respective weight classes, and the losers of the first 5 fights will probably get cut.

What do you think tapology?

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

UFC 134
  • Saturday 08.27.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Spike TV
  • Name: UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami
  • Also Known As: UFC Rio
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: HSBC Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Kenny Florian
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Kenny Florian
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 335,000 | TV Ratings: 1.3M viewers (Spike Prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Anderson Silva   defeats   Yushin Okami   via KO/TKO, Strikes   2:04 Round 2 of 5, 7:04 Total Bout Page
Maurício Rua   defeats   Forrest Griffin   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:53 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Edson Barboza   defeats   Ross Pearson   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira   defeats   Brendan Schaub   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:09 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Stanislav Nedkov   defeats   Luiz Cané   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Thiago Tavares   defeats   Spencer Fisher   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:51 Round 2 of 3, 7:51 Total Bout Page
Rousimar Palhares   defeats   Dan Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paulo Thiago   defeats   David Mitchell   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raphael Assunção   defeats   Johnny Eduardo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Erick Silva   defeats   Luis Ramos   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Iuri Alcântara   defeats   Felipe Arantes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Yves Jabouin   defeats   Ian Loveland   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 3

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

08.29.2011 | 12:30 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 95th

Man it really crushes my soul that Ive never seen him win and hes one of my favourite fighters.. Really pisses me off.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.29.2011 | 12:36 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 501st

@Thiago here he is winning a fight!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

08.29.2011 | 12:38 PM ET

Ive watched that so many times ha ha.. I just wanna see him win a ******* fight in the ufc I really couldnt give a **** how he does it! Just please win your next fight Hardy!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

08.29.2011 | 1:03 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 7 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 58th

dan hardy vs paul daley!!! no takedowns! AND SOMEBODIES GETN KTFO!!

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

08.29.2011 | 1:06 PM ET

That fight wont happen man..

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.29.2011 | 1:14 PM ET

why? they both need a win..and dana could make that the main event on a strikeforce card..so he wouldnt have daley in the octagon

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

08.29.2011 | 1:17 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 201st

I like the idea of them fighting but I really dont think it will happen Daley and Hardy ar two of my least favorite fighters so I would love to watch them beat on eachother

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

08.29.2011 | 1:18 PM ET

First of all Dan Hardy is still in the UFC, and is taking a break .. secondly I dont think they would fight each other they are good friends.

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.29.2011 | 1:37 PM ET

they both LOVE to fight..they might b respectful,  but this is their JOB..something alot of fighters have forgotten...i also realize that hardy is still in ufc..but dana has stated that he will be sending over a ufc fighter or two to help the strikeforce shows...speculation was rich franklin, but i'd rather see hardy vs daley

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

08.29.2011 | 5:59 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 700th

i would say anderson v chael ll and after chael takes the belt from him he moves to light HW

i think shogun should face the loser of the jon jones v rampage fight

forrest should fight lyoto or phil davis

nogueira should face either frank mir or the winner of cro cop v roy nelson

"Is reality really realistic?"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headlining UFC Saudi Arabia
  • Bad Left Hook : Cuadras out, Moloney vs Guevara set for May 12
  • Bad Left Hook : Carlos Cuadras out, Andrew Moloney vs Pedro Guevara set for May 12
  • MMAFighting.com : BTL: Whittaker vs. Chimaev, Moreno taking break, Dana hints at U.K. pay-per-view
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Whittaker vs. Chimaev, Moreno taking break, Dana White hints at U.K. pay-per-view
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL LIVE now