Tapology Forums

Is Jay Glazer as big a Clown as he seems

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

10.12.2016 | 12:07 PM ET

I have no respect for Hardy but I have been watching this Glazer guy (1-1- ammy career)  hang around locker rooms and "dribble at the chin" for the past few years and can not figure out why he is even there? Just cause he used to work for NYT's? Fell into a investment oppertunity with Cotoure where he sell dreams to NFL players and pro shakes and candy bars? 

Gimme a break on this guy, hes just rediculous.... I have never been fond of the guy maybe thats why this post is so passionate.. But I honestly think he needs to stay in his lane and just go do "What Glazer does" and thats set there like a little mole on the end of the broadcast booth and direct traffic to the guys who truly know what there talking about... 

Some people do...and those that cant....teach....

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

Responses

mmacylon
mmacylon
  • Predictions:  256  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 78

10.12.2016 | 12:14 PM ET

Jay Glazer is the Gus Johnson of 2016 MMA

He has friends in high places.  That's the only plausible reason for his continued existence on MMA broadcasts.
boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

10.12.2016 | 12:18 PM ET

At least Gus Johnson is entertaining.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

10.12.2016 | 12:23 PM ET

Wow i'm surprised he has 2 fights,I thought he was just another annoying guy they picked up to commentate from another sport.He's not good but Gus Johnson was horrific.
StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

10.12.2016 | 12:52 PM ET

Randy Cotoure has been "berry berry good to me" type scenario.,.. Glazers business approach is sell the MMA idea to NFL players... and ya he had  a 1-1 ammateur career on local circuit... He's a reporter plain and simple who poses in the MMA community as well as the NFL community... I know this..he must ____ a mean one!!

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

10.12.2016 | 3:33 PM ET

Umm Jay Glazer is pretty much the reason why the UFC is on fox.  He was a massive fan and he helped to set up the talks and pushed for FOX to make a deal with the UFC. He not just some random guy. He also pretty well like by both NFL players and UFC fighters.  Not really getting where all the hate is coming from. From all accounts ive heard, he seems like pretty cool guy.

* Edited at 10.12.2016, 3:36 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

mmacylon
mmacylon
  • Predictions:  256  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 78

10.12.2016 | 3:49 PM ET

"Jay Glazer is pretty much the reason why the UFC is on fox"

Franklin880088 must be Jay Glazer's cousin, or dad, . . . or Jay Glazer himself?!?

* Edited at 10.12.2016, 3:49 PM ET *

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

10.12.2016 | 4:12 PM ET

Ever read his columns from back in the day in Fight magazine?  Worst MMA journalist ever.  Very in love with the idea of being an MMA/NFL insider, very in love with himself.  He wrote about MMA & NFL training as if he'd done both extensively.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!