Topic: Rockhold vs. Souza II

Rockhold vs. Souza II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,411  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,429
  • Post Score: 60

10.10.2016 | 5:08 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Rockhold vs. Souza II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.03.2016 | 10:06 PM ET

Do you have any evidence at all that he was actually avoiding, top guys?  Sounds like he fought, who the UFC offered him.  Not really sure what part of your argument proves he was choosing lesser foes.  Also Rivera, was ranked in I believe the top 10 when Michael Bisping beat him. Not to mention in prior fights he had already fought Dan Henderson and Wanderlei.  Sounds more like you just dislike him more then anything and trying to imply something, that just seems not true.

* Edited at 11.03.2016, 10:09 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

11.04.2016 | 12:14 AM ET

Jorge Rivera was ranked #27 when fought Bisping (source). I'm talking post UFC 100 (Hendo fight discounted) to Sonnen fight era. Wanderlei was clearly on the downswing and wasn't anywhere close to the title picture at that point when they fought.

Time of Bisping fight ranking:
- Denis Kang: #30
- Wanderlei Silva: #12 (LHW)
- Dan Miller: #33
- Yoshihiro Akiyama: #33
- Jorge Rivera: #27
- Jason Miller: #49

It's pretty clear, by that list of opponents and their rankings, that Bisping's ambitions where pretty low back then.

That fact that he was calling out both GSP and Nick Diaz just a couple of days ago for 206 (because all the top guys at MW were all booked), then suddenly he's injured once Jacare becomes available is quite telling. Looks to me that he's trying to get high profile fights that are advantageous to him.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

11.04.2016 | 3:37 AM ET

his health is good enough to fight smaller guys coming back from long absences, but he's injured to fight a righteous contender in his own weight class.

if he wanted money fights, how come he never called out Silva, or Jones? perhaps he wants money fights with smaller opponents that haven't fought in years.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,478  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.04.2016 | 4:19 AM ET

Prediction: Rockhold  |  Decision

Not exactly, his health is good enough to take what could be his only chance for a real money fight before he's done regardless of the opponent's size or chances of beating him (I think both Diaz and GSP beat him).

Not a fan of this whole thing, but let's not twist what he's saying.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

11.04.2016 | 4:50 AM ET

@unbeknownst smart words. I mean you can't be taken seriously when you are calling for fight over here and over there and when Jacare is open you start arguing about money and your injuries are coming back.

He had to keep his position of not taking a fight because he's injured from the begining, that's all.

Now he is in a situation where he looks like a ***** and it's his own fault, he must regrets to have open his mouth because now he better hide to not get destroyed.

Anyway, one day he will have to put his belt on the line (and i don't see him win against any of the top contenders Weidman Romero Rockhold Jacare Mousasi)

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

11.04.2016 | 11:29 AM ET

@yossgold: What motives are being twisted? Did he only call out GSP and Diaz (even though Bisping was truly injured) because he knew they weren't in a position to accept the fight? Was his goal to start beef with both of them, then convince the UFC that both these feuds need to be resolved before fighting any of the true MW contenders? Or did he only start calling for a fight at 206 (against WW's) because all the legitimate MW were booked in high profile fights already, but once one of those true MW contenders became available he suddenly discovered he was actually injured? What exactly are his words saying?

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,478  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.04.2016 | 12:47 PM ET

Prediction: Rockhold  |  Decision

I think he called for GSP at 206 because it's in Canada and he knew that's where he'd have the most chance of getting it and the highest payoff. Then when GSP was off the table, suddenly Diaz crept in his sights. I truly believe he would've taken the fights had they materialized, though I can totally see the logic in what you're saying and agree that it's probable.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’