Topic: Rockhold vs. Souza II

Rockhold vs. Souza II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

10.10.2016 | 5:08 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Rockhold vs. Souza II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

11.02.2016 | 5:06 PM ET

Bisping would make Weidman cry. Weidman needs to deal with the fact he's not touching the belt again. Sorry, buddeh. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.02.2016 | 8:30 PM ET

Weidman will get the belt back.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

11.03.2016 | 1:16 AM ET

if it smells like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, its Michael Bisping

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

11.03.2016 | 1:56 AM ET

This was an interesting reply from Bisping about calling out GSP for the same weekend he won't fight Jacare.Still raises the question about the Diaz call out,but I guess you could assume it would be a good payday too and possibly Bisping thinking it's an easier fight then many people he could fight next.

"As you all know, I fought Dan Henderson very recently," Bisping said on the FS1 show UFC Tonight. "I've got a busted orbital, I'm getting injections in my knee."

Bisping explained the potential money he'd make fighting St-Pierre would have been enough to ignore injuries and fight the former welterweight champ, but not so much with Souza.

"Now I know what everyone at home is going to say: ‘Didn't you call out GSP a couple weeks ago?'" Bisping said. "Yes, I did, but really, think about this, that was a massive payday, roughly $3-4 million I would have earned from that fight. Against Jacare, I'm going to get around about a quarter."

But Bisping says he'll end up fighting one of the top contenders once he's ready, whether it is Souza, or the winner of next week's Chris Weidman-Yoel Romero fight.

"I'm assuming they're saying that I'm ducking Jacare," Bisping said. "I've never ducked anybody in my life. ... Next week, Yoel and Weidman are fighting. Whoever wins, either that guy, or Jacare, will be my next fight, make no mistake. But I'm not doing it in a few weeks."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11/...ping-issues-response-to-jacare-souzas-manager  

* Edited at 11.03.2016, 1:58 AM ET *

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

11.03.2016 | 2:28 AM ET

Bisping is a fraud.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.03.2016 | 4:01 AM ET

Prediction: Rockhold  |  Decision

You guys saying Bisping would turn the fight down ... he's never turned down a fight so I think you can give him some credit. 

Yes, he's angling for the money fights, but if the UFC asked him to fight Jacare, everything in his history to date shows he'd take the fight.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.03.2016 | 4:53 AM ET

Prediction: Rockhold  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

All I know is, Bisping got his revenge fight at home and deserves no more freebies.

Jacare or Weidman/Romero, that's it, and I think Bisping loses all of those, badly.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 22 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

11.03.2016 | 4:56 AM ET

So funny, he knows that with Jacare it's not going to end the same way.

And saying GSP would give him a better payday is ********.. (he just pretend it's all about money but he's not Conor) if he had to fight Gsp for the same amount he would generate with souza, he would take the fight.. it's not about money here.. he just know this guy is too much and GSP is an easier fight for him ( he have better chance against GSP, in the worst scenario he get wrestle**** and lost by decision).

Oh, and by the way, i think Bisping Souza would generate a lot of money because i assume everyone want to pay to see this english sholo gets destroy by the Aligator

yossgold
yossgold

11.03.2016 | 5:46 AM ET

@mikey, I'm with you on that ... what I said about Woodley (a fighter I don't like) stands for Bisping (a fighter I love), you don't ask for the money fight unless you are the money fight (or at least 50% of it).

He got his fairy tale, now it's time to be the 185 division's champ.

His last PPV was as marketable as any Bisping PPV would be and he pulled a measley 290K PPV buys.

So sorry mate, you don't qualify for calling out retired welterweight money fights. You fight the contenders at hand.

I seriously don't get why they didn't just put Jacare in front of him. Out of all the contenders in their "tournament" he's the only one that was ****** over by not getting an immediate shot and now the circumstances made it possible for him to get that shot without anyone else being able to cry about it (Weidman still coming off a TKO loss, Romero coming off a PED suspension).

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

11.03.2016 | 5:57 AM ET

@AlexSpan, if you think Bisping vs. Jacare would generate even remotely close to what Bisping vs. GSP would generate I suggest you take a closer look at the history of UFC PPV sales and see what sells and what doesn't mate.

It's not about who wants to see what (that's maybe the difference between 250K and 350K PPV buys, not the difference between 250K and 1M), it's about names that generate PPV buys and names that don't. GSP does. Neither Bisping nor Jacare do.

Bisping vs. Jacare would most likely do 250K-400K tops (depending on the rest of the card, and if it were to happen at UFC 206 it would most likely take a serious hit and be closer to the 250K mark because it's sandwiched between two monster cards). 

Bisping vs. GSP would most likely do something around 750K-1M (especially if the card's in Canada because then the Canadian PPV buyers would be more invested).

Also, Bisping's not saying it's all about the money, he's saying he's injured so in this specific case, a huge payday would be worth fighting injured and not being able to prepare properly while as for the Jacare fight he'd want to have a proper camp. So it is about the money, but only for this specific case. Kinda makes sense since opportunities to make so much money in one fight don't come around everyday for most MMA fighters so you'd understand them being willing to make a sacrifice they otherwise wouldn't for that fight.

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

11.03.2016 | 6:45 AM ET

@yossgold completely agree with you on this point:

"I seriously don't get why they didn't just put Jacare in front of him. Out of all the contenders in their "tournament" he's the only one that was ****** over by not getting an immediate shot and now the circumstances made it possible for him to get that shot without anyone else being able to cry about it (Weidman still coming off a TKO loss, Romero coming off a PED suspension)."

Concerning the "money" point, when i wrote

"saying GSP would give him a better payday is ********.."

I knew the fact that GSP will generate way more money than Jacare but my point when i talk about ******** is the fact that Bisping hide behind the money argument. It's not only about money, he knows this fight is not good for him and he will probably lose this one.

He have to carry his balls and fight as the champ he pretends to be, that's all.

And i get your argument about his injuries and the fact it's ok to fight if the paycheck his huge but come on.. He would accept a fight he is pretty sure to win even if the paycheck is not huge. This fight is just not good for him on every aspects but who da **** is he to accept or not a fight.

I don't even imagine his trashtalk if we was in Jacare's situation right now lol we would probably call him a ***** everyday for not talking the fight but he is the ***** here. if he don't want to fight now because of his injuries, let's already fix the fight to be sure it his happening.

Peace

yossgold
yossgold

11.03.2016 | 8:32 AM ET

Eh, I think you can say a lot about Bisping, "pillow fists", "dirty", "****y" and I wouldn't argue (I wouldn't sign on to it, but I wouldn't argue) ... one thing you can't say about him is that he backs away from a fight.

Bisping has ALWAYS taken on ALL comers at ANY notice.

I think he deserves credit for that.

Bisping will fight whoever the next contender is, but if he's going to cut down his recovery from a 25 minutes fight in which he repeatedly got knocked down in, he'll only do it if it's worth his while and the only two fights on the horizon for him that will make it worth his while to do that for are GSP and Diaz.

If he doesn't get the GSP or Diaz fights (which I personally don't want him to get, but that's besides the point), he's going to take his time to recover and let them decide between themselves who that guy is.

Don't see anything wrong with that.

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

11.03.2016 | 10:16 AM ET

@yossgold Man let's be honest. I agree he never refuse fights.. until now. It's always the same, you take all the fight because you are not in position to refuse fight at first and then you become champ and you start the ********.

Just look at Woodley. Before he became champ, he offers the mma's world some beautiful speech about deserving a fight and being objective when someone deserve a fight.. and suddenly when he became champ, he start avoiding Thompson and talk about money fights and ****.

So basicly, everyone is talking about the value of the sport and the merit and when they become champ, everything change.

Bisping prefer to stay in his comfort zone and i can understand that but this is not the game here. Tough contenders are waiting for their time (and not everyone of them can wait years to get their shot)

yossgold
yossgold

11.03.2016 | 10:57 AM ET

Let's look at Woodley before he became champ ... was offered to fight Lombard, refused citing they're training partners, Lombard said "**** that guy, would love to punch him in the face", Woodley still refused citing "<<stutter>>, same coach, <<stutter>>, other stuff, <<crickets>>". Woodley has ALWAYS been about doing everything in his power to find the easiest route to where he wants to go, Bisping hasn't. Bisping stepped in on short notice against Chael Sonnen when he was one fight away from contention knowing that wasnt the best fight to take. There's the difference.

Not saying I don't agree with what you're saying about things changing once you've got more to lose, but I still think that Bisping will take on all comers and have no reason to think otherwise, nor do you.

I can understand his reasoning behind not willing to fight someone before recovery unless it's worth his while and out of the ordinary. 

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't like him calling out GSP and Diaz after you've already got your "freebee" at all. Had he been offered the fights and accepted I would have no beef with him, but if you're not in fight shape and you've been relentlessly campaigning for specific fights but aren't willing to take on other fight, it's still leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth for me. If you're campaigning, you're either willing to fight or not. There's a huge difference between accepting a fight and asking for a fight. But I still don't think it's because he's ducking Jacare. I think that deep down inside Bisping knows that his whole championship thing is a huge aligning of stars. How he got the shot, how he won it, who his first defense was, the fact that there are currently supposedly 4 "deserving" contenders who need to sort out who "the guy" is AND the fact that both GSP and Diaz are suddenly available so he's going to try and milk it. BUT, I don't think he'll specifically turn down a fight once he's healed up and I do think that given his history he's more than earned for fans to believe him on the issue.

* Edited at 11.03.2016, 10:57 AM ET *

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

11.03.2016 | 11:11 AM ET

Well, he will be force to fight at some point but he can just accept the fight with Jacare, noo ne is asking him to fight next week.. Idk what kind of injuries he suffer from and the time it takes to recover from that but nothing stop him to accept the fight and make it official.

I am not a fan of this guy but i am not talking **** on him for no reason (i recognise what he have acheive and i know he deserve all that).

The point now is let's continue and go on because he will not keep the belt for long and he knows it. Don't lose time for nothing. I prefer to see Jacare with the belt and he will for sure fight everyone. He want his revenge with Rockhold; he can also fight Romero for revenge, Moussasi, so much contenders right there waiting to offer us awesome fight.. and we have to wait Mr Bisping who nearly get ****** out by Hendo and is now talking **** everytime he opens his mouth. BORING.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.03.2016 | 12:21 PM ET

Bisping has foughten 3 times this year, which is more then any other UFC champ.  How about we give the guy, some time before we pretend he ducking people. Dude has a broken orbital and busted up leg. How about we give him a month or two and then see what happens, instead of just assuming he ducking everyone and there mothers.

* Edited at 11.03.2016, 12:21 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

11.03.2016 | 12:24 PM ET

No one ask him to fight next weed damn, some ufc event are scheduled month in advance.

We ll see when he recovers what he is going to say.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.03.2016 | 1:53 PM ET

Actually that exactly what people want him to do, They want him to fill in for Rockhold. Which is in like two weeks.

Also bisping does not control who the UFC decides to schedule him against in the distant future, so not sure why he getting fleck for that.  It not like Bisping can be like im fighting Souza in 5 months, it dependent upon what the UFC offers him.

"here I come to save the day"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.03.2016 | 3:57 PM ET

yes, Bisping will fight anyone. He is not the best but puts it on the line many times.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

11.03.2016 | 9:44 PM ET

@yossgold: Saying, "Bisping has ALWAYS taken on ALL comers at ANY notice" doesn't tell the whole story of his career.

Bisping, himself, retrospectively admits that there was a time post UFC 100 where getting a title shot wasn't a top priority for him. This was the time when Anderson Silva was in his prime, and the notion of Bisping getting a fight against Silva was a meme. People were boasting, that it'd be the first murder in the UFC cage.

Bisping, during that time, was content coasting on his notoriety and fighting journeyman guys like Jorge Rivera in the co-main of events. Not coincidentally this period was probably Bisping's lowest era of popularity (In N.America). It was only after his fight with Chael where people started to take notice of Bisping as a possible legit contender. After that strong showing, where many thought Bisping was robbed, Bisping started talking about fighting for MW title and wanted to fight guys that would get him close. That's when he was whiling to take on any guy.

However it's a much different story when you're trying to establish yourself as the number one contender and fighting any guy with similar aspirations, as opposed to actually having the belt and fighting hungry guys tugging at your crown. This current version of Bisping reminds me of the 2009-11 Bisping, looking to only setup advantageous match-ups.

Ask yourself, would Bisping really fight Nick Diaz or GSP at 206 given the opportunity, or was all that just lip service?          

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’